Very convenient to the airport, there are some plusses and minuses to Day’s Inn Miami International. (Note that this is the Day’s Inn on Northwest 11th Street. There is another near the airport also. )
On the plus side, I booked online inexpensively, and had no problem getting a non-smoking king room. The room contained a huge leather recliner, good, quiet air conditioning, cable TV (somewhat limited on channel selection), a microwave, medium sized fridge, coffee maker, and free internet. There were various times during my less-than-24-hours where the internet went down, however.
Jorge at the front desk was helpful, polite and completely professional, both on the phone (calling from the airport for complimentary shuttle pick-up) and in person.
Arriving in the room, I took the bedspread off immediately as always (a shocking number of people lie naked or have sex on those bedspreads, and they aren’t cleaned between each guest, or even weekly, anywhere). I undid the bedding to look at the mattress, and be sure there were no signs of bedbugs (which there weren’t). It was nice to see a fitted bottom sheet, so that it would stay in place during the night.
The restaurant, Café Mystique was very moderately priced, with separate breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. Being a Monday, the restaurant and bar closed at 10pm, which is not idea for airport travelers, especially in hotels located in office parks.
Coming from the airport, courtesy driver Carlos was taking the turns much too fast, causing everyone in the crowded fan to fall on top of each other and grab for anything in arm’s reach. On the flipside, I was the only one in the van, with nobody waiting at the airport. I waited longer than expected for the van, having been told the driver had a flat tire. The driver however had not heard of this, so presumably that was the invention of the front desk clerk, covering for a driver that went for a mid-day sandwich (or whatever).
He was driving very fast (well above the speed limit), and I told him that I was in no hurry whatsoever. This did not stop him from driving across solid lines into oncoming traffic to pass other vehicles. I repeated again that I was not in a hurry, with no change in his driving. He spent most of the ride on a personal call, on his cellphone.
I went into Café Mystique while awaiting the slow-to-come van. Someone was coaching a girl onstage in a mostly dark room through a lipsynch routine, presumably for some sort of show. An order of chicken soup turned out to be a tiny cup, and tended towards greasy. Ready to leave, the bartender/waitress had to be called away from where she was chatting on her cellphone, instead of tearing down the breakfast station.
The lobby was fluorescent, lacking in hominess. In fact, the lamps on the end tables weren’t even plugged in. So, the first impression was, “Oh boy, I’m in a budget motel”. So, while the room was clean and comfortable with plenty of amenities for the low price, the rest of the experience was less positive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close To Miami International Airport with free shuttle service, free hot breakfast and free Wi-Fi. Have fun in the sun at our Days Inn Miami International Airport Hotel near Miami Seaquarium. Our non-smoking Miami hotel is minutes from great shopping, dining and sightseeing. Miami International Airport is just two miles away and we offer free airport shuttle service. Brighten your morning with a free hot breakfast and read your free newspaper. Enjoy an afternoon swim in our outdoor pool and work up a sweat in our fitness center. Free Wi-Fi Internet access keeps you connected to home or the office, while our game room is the perfect spot to end your evening. Our Miami, Florida hotel offers a guest laundry room, parking for a nominal fee, 24-hour front desk service and handicapped-accessible rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Miami International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Miami International Airport Hotel Miami
- Miami Days Inn
- Days Inn Miami International Airport Florida