“Recommended!! Enjoyed our brief visit.”

Hyatt Regency Miami
Ranked #46 of 128 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 June 2012 via mobile

We only stayed one night but staff were friendly, helpful and accommodating. Our room was spacious, modern and clean. Only problem was we were downtown Miami and as out of Towners we didn't realise how expensive taxi's would veto our cruise ship, to Washington avenue and from the airport. But we'd defiantly stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (3,565)

Reviewed 16 June 2012

I was looking forward to visiting Miami for my birthday. I have stayed in many Hyatt hotels and had never been disappointed until now. Oh my, what an outdated hotel. When you ener it looks fine, but what a disappointment when you see the rooms. It is so old looking. Carpets look dirty. Walls dirty and in need of a paint. Furniture outdated. My first Hyatt disappointment. I had thought I was safe choosing this hotel but was wrong this time. I am fearful of a terrible nights rest. The notice is loud. I should of read the reviews. Don't be fooled by the lobby. They do a lot for first appearance but do nothing to updated the rooms. Hyatt you finally disappointment me. Next time I won't take it for granted that Hyatts are nice. I will definately read the reviews.....bummer, and it was my birthday.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank WorthRemembering
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I am writing this from my junior suite (Number 2334) at the Hyatt Regency Miami, having checked in yesterday for a 3 night stay. I had paid significantly extra for a room on the "Club" floor and paid to upgrade that to a junior suite on arrival.

While I knew this property was not a 5 star hotel, my biggest and most annoying disappointment is the noise as my room faces a bridge paved with metal grids and noise from the constant flow of traffic over those grids in unbearable, preventing me from sleeping last night and in fact making me ill with a headache. And this from a premium, high floor suite where the windows don't open and the air is stale. Obvious no effort whatsoever was made to soundproof the hotel. When I complained about this to the front desk this morning I was told that, "yes these rooms facing the bridge are noisy."

That, of course, is reason enough to avoid the hotel. But in addition the "club floor lounge" is one of the poorest I've experienced with very limited hours, no door separating it from the elevator bank, extra charges for house wine and a poor selection of cheap hors d'oeuvres or continental breakfast. The hotel restaurant is also mediocre.

My advice as to downtown Miami hotels, is to stay at the Epic, where I stayed on my previous visit, with no problems and a excellent dining choices.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank VaCavalier
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Im not much of a complainer and this hotel is beautiful! But my hod, the noise in our room is awful!! I dont know if it's the highway or the wind or what but it is so loud all the time!

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Rheaya
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Stayed here due to business meeting onsite. The hotel staff was excellent. From front desk to servers to housekeeping all were extemely nice & helpful. the hotel staff is what prevents a lower rating. Lobby was small, but nicely appointed. Room was in dire need of a facelift. Sliding glass doors to balcony were bolted shut. Mattress sunk in the middle. Extemely small bathroom & thats with vanity adjacent to actual room with toilet/shower. Still not sure whats up with the half wall between vanity/closet & beds/rest of room

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Stayed here for a conference recently. Mostly what would be expected from an aging Hyatt; my room was OK but seemed in need of a renovation, e.g., the carpet was quite worn and stained, room very dark. The staff at the front desk and restaurants were very pleasant and professional. Not a really good location for walking around mainly due to traffic. What really turned me off though was the buisness center policy. I needed to print out one page from a memory stick, and was told I would have to pay $10 just for initial workstation access, and then $1 per page ($2 for color) - thus $11 for one B&W page! Disgraceful - I have used many business centers and never experienced anything like this. I understand many business customers will unthinkingly pay whatever is charged, but this is no justification for taking advantage of others in this way.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank pajo1
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I have stayed at the hyatt for the past 6 years and I only do because it is downtown and I can get it at a good price. The front desk staff are not very nice; not at all and it gets kind of tiring when you have to keep on asking for a manager for every complaint whether its room charges, valet or whatever. I will not say it is poor because the rooms are nice, I just would like to not have to deal with the staff at concierge or front desk ever. Even the restuarant people are amazing, but you cant eat everytime you go downstairs to get a smile and good service.

Room Tip: If you dont like the room, ask for another. Rooms that are close to the back of the hotel or at the...