“Good Location, Could use an upgrade.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency Miami
Ranked #48 of 121 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Good Location, Could use an upgrade.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

The location is awesome! I stayed two nights in this hotel and didn't have to rent a car because it was conveniently in the middle of everything. FYI...Valet is 31.00 a night. The hotel staff was really nice and helpful. I stayed in the "Miami Suite". Nice size room but was a bit disappointed with the amenities that didnt come with the room. The room had a nice part ocean/city view with a balcony that's sealed. The room didn't smell refreshed probably due to the carpet. The bathroom in this suite was surprisingly small. Seriously. The suite was not equipped with a microwave or fridge. The bed was soooooo comfy! Overall, I would stay again but it wouldn't be my first option. FYI, most bars and lounges in this area charge an automatic 18% gratuity for food/beverages.

2 Thank 7RED_29

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

Had to stay there for 1 week die to house remodeling. It was nice. Rooms are ok. The only cons is the valet, waiting quiet some time but f u call ahead there is way to get your car a bit faster but not always ..

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Miamiusa1
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

Room need to be upgraded, remodeled and linens dirty from last guest, we also found empty water bottles from last guest. Bottle water six dollars not many dining options near by.

1 Thank coscan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012 via mobile

We only stayed one night but staff were friendly, helpful and accommodating. Our room was spacious, modern and clean. Only problem was we were downtown Miami and as out of Towners we didn't realise how expensive taxi's would veto our cruise ship, to Washington avenue and from the airport. But we'd defiantly stay again.

• Stayed December 2011
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012 via mobile

I was looking forward to visiting Miami for my birthday. I have stayed in many Hyatt hotels and had never been disappointed until now. Oh my, what an outdated hotel. When you ener it looks fine, but what a disappointment when you see the rooms. It is so old looking. Carpets look dirty. Walls dirty and in need of a paint. Furniture outdated. My first Hyatt disappointment. I had thought I was safe choosing this hotel but was wrong this time. I am fearful of a terrible nights rest. The notice is loud. I should of read the reviews. Don't be fooled by the lobby. They do a lot for first appearance but do nothing to updated the rooms. Hyatt you finally disappointment me. Next time I won't take it for granted that Hyatts are nice. I will definately read the reviews.....bummer, and it was my birthday.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank WorthRemembering

Travellers are raving about these Miami hotels

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

I am writing this from my junior suite (Number 2334) at the Hyatt Regency Miami, having checked in yesterday for a 3 night stay. I had paid significantly extra for a room on the "Club" floor and paid to upgrade that to a junior suite on arrival.

While I knew this property was not a 5 star hotel, my biggest and most annoying disappointment is the noise as my room faces a bridge paved with metal grids and noise from the constant flow of traffic over those grids in unbearable, preventing me from sleeping last night and in fact making me ill with a headache. And this from a premium, high floor suite where the windows don't open and the air is stale. Obvious no effort whatsoever was made to soundproof the hotel. When I complained about this to the front desk this morning I was told that, "yes these rooms facing the bridge are noisy."

That, of course, is reason enough to avoid the hotel. But in addition the "club floor lounge" is one of the poorest I've experienced with very limited hours, no door separating it from the elevator bank, extra charges for house wine and a poor selection of cheap hors d'oeuvres or continental breakfast. The hotel restaurant is also mediocre.

My advice as to downtown Miami hotels, is to stay at the Epic, where I stayed on my previous visit, with no problems and a excellent dining choices.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank VaCavalier
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

Im not much of a complainer and this hotel is beautiful! But my hod, the noise in our room is awful!! I dont know if it's the highway or the wind or what but it is so loud all the time!

• 1 of 5 bubbles