“Hyatt Regency Miami”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Hyatt Regency Miami”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Rooms are decent size and beds are comfortable. Walls are thin and noise from adjacent rooms was very noticeable.
Location is close to AA Arena and Inter-coastal waterway.
Easy walk to dining in the area with food of all price ranges.
Easy access to the metro-link train from the airport ($4.50).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank teesee661

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Egypt
Reviewed 8 March 2014

During my visit to Miami, I stayed in Hyatt Regency hotel in downtown.The hotel is modern with clean rooms and comfortable beds. The staff is friendly and welcoming. The breakfast buffet is excellent with very good variety. The hotel is a bit far from Miami South Beach, the main attraction in Miami city. However, the hotel prices at this area are quite expensive. Hyatt hotel provides comfort & luxury at reasonable price. However, you need to have a car if South Beach is your main area of interest. There is a near parking lot near the hotel that cost 20 USD/day. I also recommend room upgrade that includes breakfast, wifi, and local calls for 35 USD/room/day.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nile-Pharo
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

The staff was excellent from front desk to concierge to catering. This place was no doubt state of the art 20 years ago but clearly needs a major refresh at this point. The rooms are not on par with other Hyatt convention properties I've stayed at.

The main ballroom was adequate but during a breakout session in smaller meeting room the mildew smell was overwhelming.

From the 21st floor the road noise is unreal (the wheel whine on the drawbridge) although there was a card offering earplugs.

On the positive side the breakfasts and lunches were well executed and the snack service was original and appreciated.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank s c
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 4 March 2014

On arrival, I found the self-parking option is a public garage in an adjacent building, and after a long hike to the front desk, check-in was smooth and efficient. The room was spacious and was decently appointed except for a fridge or microwave. WiFi was not included and the service capable of streaming video was too pricey at $14.95 and so I used my own cellular broadband, and the signal was excellent. Room service was fast and quality of food excellent. The view of Downtown Miami from my room as you can see from the picture was an added plus. Considering the rate I got through Priceline, there was little to complain about and would definitely recommend this property assuming a reasonable discount.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mark B
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed here for a weekend on business in Feb 2014. The lobby and main common hotel areas were outstanding. The room (1115) was absolutely horrid. The rooms need an update, and the ventilation needs help. Room was extremely humid, to make it liveable I lowered AC, but then it was frigid. View was to a wall of property. Staff of hotel was hit and miss, I requested a room change after first night and was given one on floor 22, humidity problem was solved, and management that I finally heard from was outstanding in their method of handling. They comp'ed me meals to make up for the fuss but the problem I found was their operators, first one who laughed as they answered the phone, placed me on hold and was having a conversation with another member of the staff. When I called back I was transferred an extension that rang and rang. I received an email upon check in from someone asking if I was content but when I answered immediately I received no reply in over 15 hours, making the measure half hearted. The biggest negative of this property was the wireless only internet. It was free but there was no tiered service even though management said there was, and it was simply NOT up to speed for a modern hotel claiming the Hyatt name, I was not able to conduct business online. It had been a few years since I stayed at a Hyatt and that was the Hyatt in Crystal City, Wash DC.... which was a dream and though expensive, felt every bit worth it. This property had the same prices but with outdated decor and service that was either outstanding or horrible, I find myself looking to Marriot or Hilton in the future, at least in Miami. The 80's decor and horrid internet a true letdown. Let me say though that the breakfast staff was simply remarkable and did all they could to make people feel welcome, food was average.

Room Tip: Until update in decor and ventilation, I recommend a room at another property.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mike G

Travellers are raving about these Miami hotels

Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel. The location is near anything in downtown, and the view is nice. The staff is always helpful and friendly, and I love the breakfast. The only reason I gave 4 stars is because the other reviews are true. This poor hotel could really use an update. It seems like maybe they are slowly trying. Carpet in our room was brand new.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chelbell485
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed at they Hyatt Regency for one night. The view was great of the beautiful city of Miami. I was shocked at how run down the rooms were. The carpet was old and dirty. The room itself felt dark and dirty. The air conditioning must be preset because we turned it way down but it never got cooler. The bathroom sink area is dimly lit and it was hard to see to get ready and put make-up on. The toilet & tub were very aged and the toilet would make very loud noises throughout the night.

We ate dinner at the Riverwalk Cafe. We opted for the Italian buffet. We were rather disappointed with the pasta dishes. The tortellini cream sauce had no flavor but the red sauce had way too much garlic in it. The wedding soup was very bland as well. The meatballs had way too much garlic as well. They had a Ceasar salad but no antipasto or a regular dinner salad. The manager approached us and asked us how we felt about the buffet. We told him our displeasure. He said he thanked us for the feedback. When we received our bill we were shocked that he didn't take anything off of the bill. We paid over $100. for 2 people having a bad meal.

We also were shocked at the valet price of $35. per night. That is just crazy and if you opt to self-park you have to walk quite a ways to get to the garage. It's a lose lose situation.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple