“Pre Cruise Stay”

Hyatt Regency Miami
Ranked #47 of 125 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is in a prime location, among many very high priced other hotels. This really is an amazing area. We were a little reluctant after reading some of the other reviews about the property being outdated. The room was not modern, but is wasn't outdated or worn. The room was classy, very clean and comfortable. The linens were higher quality and the bed very comfortable. The room was also sound proof. We did not experience worn furniture or carpet. The staff was professional and very helpful. I feel it is definately a four star hotel. (we have stayed in hotels in the past that were billed as four star, that were anything but.) This hotel meets all of the criteria that Hotels.com bills as a four star hotel. We walked around the area and checked a number of other hotels and found them to be 2 and 3 times the price we paid. This is a good deal, and a 5 minute cab ride from the cruise lines. This is also a great area to walk around as it is only about a block from the bay and marina, where many high end yacht were docked. There are many amazing restaruants within walking distance of the hotel.

Room Tip: I don't know if it is important, but we were on one of the higher flooes, and it had a great vie...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 May 2014

A group of us stayed here the night before our cruise and had no complaints. The hotel is in a good location downtown with views of the intercoastal waterway on certain sides of the hotel. There is a nice bar/restaurant in the lobby with good food. I would defintely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2014

From all appearances this looks like a nice hotel. The lobby is expansive and has a Starbucks, bar, and restaurant. Food at the restaurant was very passable and beers at the bar were wet. Wait staff was great and friendly. Now let's go upstairs and visit my room. Carpet was very aged. The furniture damaged, dinged and circa 1980. The lamp plug on the desk, where one would normally plug in your computer, was not functional. Imagine the surprise upon waking to a discharged laptop. Hmmm not so good. The kicker however was the shower and the overt colonies of mildew or mold in the grout. Couple that with the fact that I have come up with a bit of fungal infection on my feet, well, I guess my recommendations for this property are that it is not one that I would stay at again.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank gussohn
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I've stayed here on business and found it to be an adequate place to stay. As others have mentioned, the hotel is not brand new but I didn't find any fault with that. My room was clean and reasonably well appointed, service was acceptable, and the rates appropriate for a hotel of this sort.

The restaurant service was very good as was the food. I honestly didn't expect much as it looked like the typical hotel dining room but left pleasantly surprised. I had three or four meals there and all of them were great.

If you can get a river view, it's a very nice addition to the room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Thanks to excellent caring service and a central location this "mature" Hyatt receives a very good. The property is showing its age as many reviews indicate. You can have a very good to excellent room experience by booking a room on the 23rd or 24th floor and obtaining access to the Hyatt Club Level lounge. The Hyatt lounge on the 23rd level has modest offerings but enough to justify the modest extra fee. The lobby is impressive and the proximity to the convention center and Metro Mover makes this a very convenient hotel for a stay in Miami. Thanks to Ruben at the front desk and Manuel at the concierge desk for exemplary service.

Room Tip: 23rd and 24th floor rooms are well maintained and access to the Hyatt Club Lounge on the 23rd floor...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We arrived yesterday to take advantage of a visit to our favourite restaurant, Joe's Stone Crab, on South Beach which is a ten minute taxi ride from this downtown convention hotel.

The property was built in 1982 and refurbished in 2008. Some age is showing, but for the most part a good experience.

Check-in did not go well. Marissa placed us in a Club Access room which was still occupied. We got a free breakfast out of that experience. More on that later. Our final room 1641 overlooked the Miami River and was a nice corner room away from vending and the elevators. There were some gouges in the wall that need to be addressed. My main negative concern dealt with housekeeping. The windows were not clean. It was apparent a family with a small child had occupied the room at an earlier date. There were small hand and tongue prints on all the windows. I cleaned them off. I do know how to do windows. There was only one regular coffee pod and one decaf pod in the coffee tray. We both like regular and we don't share well. The rest of the general room layout and furnishings were good with the usual Hyatt quality bed.

I mentioned the construction and refurbish dates at the top of this review. There was some lack of thought in the refurbishment. We had two nice balconies. Too bad there was no access to them. The doors were sealed tight. At one point the windows had been tinted with a cheap film you might see on "tricked out" cars in the last century. The film is peeling off on the windows. This does not speak Hyatt Quality and should be addressed.

The included comped breakfast had potential. We went with the buffet and should have known better. The eggs were cold and the bagel machine was ineffective. Our excellent waiter, Nick, offered to have the eggs cooked in the kitchen, but we opted out and made use of the cold items on the table. The chocolate croissant was excellent.

We will use this property again on our next Miami cruise outing simply because of location and the fact that we were able to get out for around $250.00 for the night. That is one of the better bargains in this part of town for a name brand hotel.

We are off today on a transatlantic crossing to Copenhagen. More hotel and restaurant reviews to follow.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard F
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and got a great high room overlooking the river. There is free wifi and the hotel is easy to find considering it is in downtown

The bar was great and they always have specials in the week on drinks and food which was good.

My only bug bear was parking was so expensive! I guess I can't really complain considering it was downtown.

Overall the staff were great and I would stay again

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple