“Very tired hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“Very tired hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Showers dribble, safe out of order, depressing rooms, gym an afterthought in a dour basement with only a handful of machines, street noise = tricky to sleep. Staff were pretty good = only redeeming feature. There are heaps of better hotels in the vicinity and locals agreed that this is a hotel desperately in need of a refurb.

2 Thank stew102

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Burlington, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Came to Miami for a couple days before flying out to Bahamas and was extremely glad the stay was short. Although google maps said that the distance was 6-7 minutes to South beach, it usually took around 20 minutes in taxi, with all the traffic. The location was not ideal and was surrounding industrial/businesses and a bit sketchy. I would highly recommend anyone staying here looking to go to South beach to take a "Sky Bus" which is free as far as you can and then take a taxi over the bridge, it saves time and money.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Taylor M

Travellers are raving about these Miami hotels

Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Date of Stay: Sunday, 5/11/14 - Wednesday, 5/14/14
Length of Stay: 3 Nights

In a nutshell, the Hyatt Regency Miami is a truly wonderful property located right in the heart of Downtown Miami with quick and easy access to the Port of Miami and numerous local attractions; it offers absolutely amazing customer service, and is the place to stay in Downtown Miami!!

Now, for my detailed review:

First, I must disclose that I have stayed at this property on two prior occasions; with each stay, customer service has continued to shine. Having not stayed here in over a year, I felt that it was time to post a new review on this excellent property. And, this review builds upon my two prior reviews of this property -- for further information and some more details on this property, please see my prior reviews:

-January 2013, entitled: “Another Excellent Stay at a Truly Wonderful Downtown Miami Hotel!!” (posted January 29, 2013)
-February 2012, entitled: “A Truly Excellent Stay in Downtown Miami!!!” (posted February 8, 2012)

This property is in a truly convenient location, with very easy access to I-95; you literally get off at Exit 2A for Biscayne Blvd. and the property is just to the right, making it very easy to access this property and not have to deal with much driving in Downtown Miami Traffic.

Upon driving up to this property, one has two options for parking. The first option is Valet Parking, at $40/day; while this may seem steep, for a Downtown Miami Property, it is very reasonable and comparable to other properties in the area. Your other option is Self Parking, at a parking garage for $19/day. I would highly recommend that you use the Valet Parking option, as it grants you in/out privileges and the Valet Staff is extremely friend and efficient.

I drove up to the property late on a Sunday evening, and despite the hour, I was greeting by very friendly Valet Staff who promptly took my car and assisted me with my luggage. Within a matter of moments, I was in the Main Lobby. The Front Desk was very well staffed and I did not have any wait to check-in. As I approached the Front Desk, I was greeted by name, welcomed back to the property and thanked for being a loyal Diamond Tier Member of the Hyatt Gold Passport Program. The Front Desk Agent reminded me of all of the amenities that this property had to offer, and informed me that I had been assigned a Miami Suite on the 21st Floor. Within a matter of moments, I was off to the elevator with a member of the Bell Staff with my luggage.

A quick note about the Bell Staff at this property; they are extremely friendly and helpful. They will remember your name and always greet you as you come and go. The Bell Staff Agent who escorted me to my room told me more about the hotel and was extremely friendly. He helped me get all of my bags set up in the room and he went to get me ice before he left me to relax. Some of the friendliest Bell Staff that I have ever experienced in the Miami area.

I was extremely impressed with my Miami Suite -- on both of my prior stays, I had been in a Miami Suite situated on the property's 8th Floor corner. On this stay, I received a truly wonderful Miami Suite on the 21st Floor, Room 2134. While I enjoyed my prior rooms at this property, I truly love the layout of this room. As you enter the room, there is a small hallway to the right, blocked off from the rest of the Suite by a large half-wall -- well, more like a two-thirds wall. At the end of that hallway is a large granite vanity, next to a separate room with a toilet and a shower. Additionally, there is a decent sized closet off of that same hallway, equipped with a safe to secure your belongings. Then, as you exit that hallway and proceed into the room, you come to a large sitting room, complete with a small refrigerator, a comfortable couch/sofa sleeper and a plush sitting chair. Additionally, there is an ample sized computer/work desk, equipped with a lamp, coffee maker, telephone and ample electrical sockets. As you proceed further into the room, you enter the bedroom area; it is separated from the sitting room by a large set of drawers, on which sits a 32" television that is on a swivel so that you can see it from any part of the room. The bed is an extremely comfortable Hyatt Grand Bed, flanked on each side by end-tables with lamps, ample electrical sockets and an iHome stereo with iPod docking station. Finally, both the sitting room area and the bedroom area have floor-to-ceiling windows that offered absolutely excellent views of the River and also of the inter-coastal waterway and Bay beyond the nearby skyscrapers. All-in-all, the Miami Suite is a truly wonderful room and I would highly recommend booking such a Suite; I have attached numerous photos to this review should you like further information.

In addition to the excellent rooms, this property offers some wonderful dining options. The Riverwalk Cafe offers a great selection of cuisine, along with beautiful views of the river. There is also the Riverwalk Deli, offering tasty meals that you can take on the go. Finally, if you wish to relax and sample an adult beverage, the Pure Verde Lounge offers excellent service and drinks at very reasonable rates by Miami standards.

I would also highly recommend booking a Regency Club Room; not only will you be on higher floors with better views, you will have a decent selection of items throughout the day at your disposal. From 6:30a-9:30a Monday-Friday and 7a-10a on Saturday-Sunday, you will find an excellent Continental Breakfast in the Regency Club. Then, daily from 9:30a-5p, you will find a constant selection of coffee/tea/soda/water along with various snacks such as quite tasty cookies. Finally, from 5p-8p you have access to hor d'oeuvres each day; there were usually two to three hot options, along with selections of cold veggies, breads and cheeses. The Regency Club offering one all of those selections can be found on the 23rd Floor and offers truly excellent views of the River and the Inter-coastal Waterway & Bay.

All-in-all, you will find the Hyatt Regency Miami to be a truly wonderful hotel, offering great accommodations and excellent staff and service. I will certainly be back to this property on my next trip to Miami, and I would highly recommend this property to you for any future stay in Miami!!

Room Tip: Book a Regency Club Room for Excellent Amenities and a High Floor
1 Thank AttorneyVin
Centennial
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is in a prime location, among many very high priced other hotels. This really is an amazing area. We were a little reluctant after reading some of the other reviews about the property being outdated. The room was not modern, but is wasn't outdated or worn. The room was classy, very clean and comfortable. The linens were higher quality and the bed very comfortable. The room was also sound proof. We did not experience worn furniture or carpet. The staff was professional and very helpful. I feel it is definately a four star hotel. (we have stayed in hotels in the past that were billed as four star, that were anything but.) This hotel meets all of the criteria that Hotels.com bills as a four star hotel. We walked around the area and checked a number of other hotels and found them to be 2 and 3 times the price we paid. This is a good deal, and a 5 minute cab ride from the cruise lines. This is also a great area to walk around as it is only about a block from the bay and marina, where many high end yacht were docked. There are many amazing restaruants within walking distance of the hotel.

Room Tip: I don't know if it is important, but we were on one of the higher flooes, and it had a great vie...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

A group of us stayed here the night before our cruise and had no complaints. The hotel is in a good location downtown with views of the intercoastal waterway on certain sides of the hotel. There is a nice bar/restaurant in the lobby with good food. I would defintely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

From all appearances this looks like a nice hotel. The lobby is expansive and has a Starbucks, bar, and restaurant. Food at the restaurant was very passable and beers at the bar were wet. Wait staff was great and friendly. Now let's go upstairs and visit my room. Carpet was very aged. The furniture damaged, dinged and circa 1980. The lamp plug on the desk, where one would normally plug in your computer, was not functional. Imagine the surprise upon waking to a discharged laptop. Hmmm not so good. The kicker however was the shower and the overt colonies of mildew or mold in the grout. Couple that with the fact that I have come up with a bit of fungal infection on my feet, well, I guess my recommendations for this property are that it is not one that I would stay at again.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
2 Thank gussohn
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I've stayed here on business and found it to be an adequate place to stay. As others have mentioned, the hotel is not brand new but I didn't find any fault with that. My room was clean and reasonably well appointed, service was acceptable, and the rates appropriate for a hotel of this sort.

The restaurant service was very good as was the food. I honestly didn't expect much as it looked like the typical hotel dining room but left pleasantly surprised. I had three or four meals there and all of them were great.

If you can get a river view, it's a very nice addition to the room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business