“Medical trip”

Hyatt Regency Miami
Ranked #47 of 124 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Decided to stay at this hotel because they were just 2 miles from the hospital where i was scheduled for surgery the following morning. The hotel itself was okay. We just had a few issues with the room keys not working. The morning we were checking out i called down to the valet parking to have the car ready when we came down. This was at 740 am. Arrived downstairs about 5 minutes later. The attendant had rold me it would be 10 or 15 minutes when i had called down. 8 oclock.....still no car. 8:10 and still no car. 8:20 and still no car. Finally , almost 40 minutes after i had called, my car shows up. Missed the check in for my surgey so they cancelled me for that day and i had to spend another night in miami. Absolutely furious.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Greg29835
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Miami

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights from 24-27th July pre cruise. Our flight into Fll was delayed so did not get into hotel till 11 pm. Check in was very efficent upgraded to larger room and free wifi. As we were tired after long day of travelling concierge arranged delivery of pizza to hotel ,which was excellent service. Good location easy to get to Bayside for resturants etc. In summing up it needs a bit of updating but location and more importantly staff make up for this.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank paulb0905
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel is outdated but that alone isn't a deal breaker for us. When we arrived we were greeted by Rhonda at the front desk on Friday 7/25. We had to wait a few minutes because she was just starting her shift but she apologized for the delay (which was only for a few minutes). Everyone in the hotel was courteous from the concierge to the waitress in the restaurant. As well as housekeeping. They had no problem cleaning our room later in the day because we slept in each morning. The room was clean for the most part, however, the tops of the furniture in our room (#1906) doesn't look like it has been dusted in months. The lamp end tables, and the coffee table were full of dust where I could write my name. Overall, the hotel was a good choice.

3  Thank pooky
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed here for two nights with family. The staff was friendly. For example the valet service helped fetch my cell that I left in the car. The location is quite central as well. I could walk to some nice restaurants in the area.

My main issue was with the facility. It's a bit dated. Particularly rooms are not well soundproofed at all. The room next door had a bunch of rowdy kids in it and was loud all night while we were trying to sleep with our three year old. Otherwise furnitures and lobby were all due for an upgrade.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ZJuice
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I booked this hotel for an annual conference I attended, which was held at the same place. It was my first time ever here, so of course, I was expecting a better experience. First, the room is in desperate need of renovation, as well as the hallway. No small refrigerator ir the room, I was told by another guest that I needed to call to get one. Really?
Maid service was horrible. They skipped one day of cleaning, I had to call more than once to get towels and toiletries, as she came in too late in the afternoon. She did not vacuum the floor properly, as I still found a female hair clip since the first night, which remained on the same spot for the entire stay. Location was ok, but I'd much rather reccomend you to choose another place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank William C
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency Miami last week and the service was awesome! We were greeted by Marissa, front desk agent. Erika, front desk agent, was extremely efficient and friendly as well. Linda, concierge, was also very nice and helped us with the luggage and with recommendations in Miami. Claudia from reservations is so attentive and friendly! Charles, from Room Service was also very nice to us and prepared everything for us to have a great meal in the room.

Great staff!!! Great location!!!!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We found this hotel on a Groupon deal and we were happy with the details that we saw online, once getting to the hotel the first thing to greet us unfortunately were three homeless people outside the rear entrance! And finding the rear entrance wasn't easy as there isn't a sign anywhere to say that you're standing outside the hotel!
The amenities were fine, helpful staff, pleasant surroundings.
The room was adequate, quite large with everything that you need, including bathroom bits and bobs.
We had a snack at the bar the day we arrived and watched one of the world cup games, happy hour is reasonably priced, the onion ring tower was yummy.
I would return here but if there was a better offer somewhere else i'd also consider that