“An ok experience”

Hyatt Regency Miami
Ranked #47 of 125 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel for two nights. The hotel needs some renovation, otherwise the rooms are quite large. We arrived by cruise ship early in the morning, and around 9 am we wondered if it was ann getting checked in a little earlier. (Check in was at. 16pm, so we asked nicely if we could get a few hours before). They said at the reception that this certainly was in order and that they would call us when the room was ready. No one called, so we checked in at. 16 pm.

The neighbors in the room next to us came home at. 1 am. And we heard they talked very well. (They did not talk loud, so the hotel is badly soundproofed).

We rented movie at the hotel and paid over $ 20.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 August 2014

As an Executive Platinum member of American Airlines AAdvantage program, this Hyatt Regency Miami was booked for a one-night stay arriving on Saturday August 9, 2014.

My wife and I were driving from Key West Florida to Hyatt Regency Miami and it took us almost Five (5) hours due to slow traffic. When we arrived at the hotel, I was surprised to learn that they have a $40.00 Flat Rate for Valet Parking and later I learned that a corrupt Valet Parking company contracts their valet service with Hyatt Regency Miami and the management of Hyatt Regency knows about it because this Hyatt Regency is getting a cut for every vehicle that is valet parked at $40.00 flat rate. I told the valet attendant that I want to park near the curb so I could go and check it and be back within fifteen minutes. The corrupt valet parking attendant said that I will give you five minutes free parking here and if you are not here, you will be charged a $40.00 for valet parking. I had no choice but to use the service.

The hotel check in service provided by one of the supervisor by the name of "Todd" was terrible. This idiot should not be a supervisor. I had requested a mini refrigerator in my hotel room when I had book for this hotel a week in advance and I was promised that I would have a mini refrigerator in my room upon my check in. I need to store some medicine when opened to keep it cool. When I entered the room on the 19th. floor, the bedside table lamps did not worked and I had called the room service three times to come and replace the bulb and it was never replaced. After arriving back to the room at midnight, still there was no refrigerator nor the bulb was changed. I again called the front desk and was informed that the bulb would be replaced within five minutes and as far as the refrigerator was concern, they do not have any. This hotel Housekeeping service is the worst. This hotel has five elevators and when I had checked it on Saturday August 9, 2014, two of the five elevators were not working and when I was waiting with my luggage to go to my assigned room on the 19th. floor one of the Hyatt guest said that he checked in on Thursday and the two elevators were not working when he checked in. On Saturday the third elevator broke down and now there are only two elevators working and I took video and pictures of Hyatt Hotel guest wait in line that which was about 20 feet long with and others without their luggage waiting for the elevator. I got mad and I complained, and finally the hotel management and supervisor started to get panic and opened the emergency elevator, which took their guest to the floors. This emergency elevator is only used in case of fire or any disaster. I was planning to send pictures and video to the Corporate Headquarters of Hyatt to the President & CEO's attention.

When I checked out the next day, I raised my opinion about my stay and I did let the staff know that I will be contacting Hyatt Corporate Headquarters and will write a letter about my stay at this hotel. Hotel Front Desk Associate Jordan Diaz was empowered to take care of my concern and assured me that someone from the Management staff would contact me. I never expected such a horrible service from Hyatt Regency Miami and I do blame this completely at the Hyatt Regency General Manager by the name of Luis Aloma. This Luis Aloma should not be a General Manager for this hotel. Monday morning,

Monday morning, I received a call from Mr. Fidencia Mata who is the Room Director of this hotel. He was empowered to take care of all my concern and even apologized what had happened. Mr. Mata gave me such an exceptional customer service, which made me reconsider filing a general complaint with Hyatt Hotels. General Manager Luis Aloma should be ashamed of having a General Manager's title of Hyatt Regency Miami and should learn from Mr. Mata’s exceptional Customer Service. This Hotel should also reconsider looking for another valet parking service company and replacing the current General Manager. I never received a call from the General manager Luis Aloma.

Room Tip: Try getting room facing the river view. The room was clean , Terrible House keeping.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
24  Thank findmeinusa
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Found this hotel on Booking.com wanted to try something new i always stay to a hotel down the street from here. But i will say that i feel in love from the moment i exited the taxi and was greeted by the bellman that insisted that they carry my bags to the concierge desk until my room was ready.Once inside this wonderful hotel i went to the desk to check in. Now i know check in isn't until 3pm and i arrived at 9am the front desk clerk offered to give a call as soon as the room was ready so i decided to go downtown and just browse around. upon checking in little later i discovered that the room is exactly what it says it will be online. The housekeeping staff is excellent. with ending this review i sign up for the Hyatt rewards program meaning that i've found my new home away from home.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Location and quality staff are the lone positives of this hotel. In the sea of construction in downtown/Brickell, the ease of entry on and off the highway to this hotel makes its location ideal. Once there, the staff was exceptionally helpful, which is a welcome positive. However, relative to the rest of the market, the physical hotel is a disappointment. The region has seen several new hotels, including the JW Marriott, Epic hotel (Kimpton) and Viceroy all pop up of late and looking a little further away, there are even more. So relative to these modern towers of glass and steel, the Hyatt is old and tired. It would appear the owners are not looking to fight back, as the rooms haven't been updated in years, suggesting that its only a matter of time before the hotel is completely redone or re-purposed.
F&B is very limited, forcing you to order in or explore the area, which can be challenging.
Also, gym is in the basement, with no windows. Certainly looks like an afterthought.

Room Tip: Imagine a high floor is good.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Yetis
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Decided to stay at this hotel because they were just 2 miles from the hospital where i was scheduled for surgery the following morning. The hotel itself was okay. We just had a few issues with the room keys not working. The morning we were checking out i called down to the valet parking to have the car ready when we came down. This was at 740 am. Arrived downstairs about 5 minutes later. The attendant had rold me it would be 10 or 15 minutes when i had called down. 8 oclock.....still no car. 8:10 and still no car. 8:20 and still no car. Finally , almost 40 minutes after i had called, my car shows up. Missed the check in for my surgey so they cancelled me for that day and i had to spend another night in miami. Absolutely furious.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Greg29835
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights from 24-27th July pre cruise. Our flight into Fll was delayed so did not get into hotel till 11 pm. Check in was very efficent upgraded to larger room and free wifi. As we were tired after long day of travelling concierge arranged delivery of pizza to hotel ,which was excellent service. Good location easy to get to Bayside for resturants etc. In summing up it needs a bit of updating but location and more importantly staff make up for this.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank paulb0905
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel is outdated but that alone isn't a deal breaker for us. When we arrived we were greeted by Rhonda at the front desk on Friday 7/25. We had to wait a few minutes because she was just starting her shift but she apologized for the delay (which was only for a few minutes). Everyone in the hotel was courteous from the concierge to the waitress in the restaurant. As well as housekeeping. They had no problem cleaning our room later in the day because we slept in each morning. The room was clean for the most part, however, the tops of the furniture in our room (#1906) doesn't look like it has been dusted in months. The lamp end tables, and the coffee table were full of dust where I could write my name. Overall, the hotel was a good choice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple