“Wonderful Honeymoon”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Jacksonville, Florida
“Wonderful Honeymoon”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

My bride and I stayed here for our honeymoon night. The staff was very courteous upon arrival. The room was very clean and comfortable. The view was AWESOME. Our room faced downtown, from the 19th floor and we loved it. I really wished we could have stayed here longer, we had to get ready for our cruise, but we plan to go back for our first anniversary.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel, good beds, very nice view, people are very helpful, the shower is perfect... Just the location is little far then downtown, but is easy to take a gab, or if you like to walk will be perfect!!! In side has a lot of options to have a good breakfast!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Engraf
Trinidad and Tobago
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my family for six days.
Pros:
The service was good, all the hotel staff that we encountered were friendly and helpful. Their concierge desk is very helpful as well, as they were able to assist us with directions around downtown and booking a shuttle to Sawgrass Mills.
We rented two rooms, one with two standard double beds and the other with a king size bed. Both rooms were clean and everything in the room was in proper working condition.
The hotel provides free basic Wifi, which worked fine. They also give you the option to pay for an upgrade.
There is a gym which has basic gym equipment. It is good enough for a total workout.
I really liked that the hotel provided a free boarding pass printing service in the lobby. This can be done by a guest and it is quick and easy to use. Being able to check in online and print your boarding pass really helps to save time at the airport and makes travelling a bit easier, so I was really appreciative of this.
The location of the hotel is great for shopping and dining out. I was able to walk to shopping areas and eating places within 15 minutes or less.

Cons:
Although the hotel is well maintained, it is in dire need of an upgrade.
The parking at the hotel is expensive. We did not rent a car, but if we did, it would have been very costly to park at the hotel for almost a week.

Overall it was a good experience.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This place is rated very good for the staff but you should know that the building itself needs updating.

I stayed here a year ago and revisited this week. Same story today as last year. The staff is incredible - the front desk staff is friendly and efficient, the crew who works the breakfast shift in the hotel restaurant is everything they could be and more BUT, the building itself is dated and not really worthy of the Hyatt brand anymore. Both times I've stayed, the staff has given me a suite on the upper floors giving me fantastic views of the city, ocean and the Miami River. But the rooms are dated. You half expect to find Krystal Carrington or Sonny Crockett to be roving the halls.

It's time for management to spend some money. This dated hotel is out of place in that area of Miami.

The only thing keeping me from giving this hotel 3 stars is the staff. Management should be very proud of these people and ashamed of themselves for failing to put money back into this old bird.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank RogersVA
East Sussex, UK
Reviewed 24 August 2014

A great position on the Miami river, very handy for all that is now going on in Brickell. Very friendly staff from moment one. But the rooms - well go back 20 years to a tired Marriott and that's where you end up. A major refurb is required. Spend the money, call it a Grand Hyatt and let's all move on, this doesn't deserve a Hyatt badge. By the way, the Wifi, free AND paid is awful.

PS - don't even think about the pool area

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel for two nights. The hotel needs some renovation, otherwise the rooms are quite large. We arrived by cruise ship early in the morning, and around 9 am we wondered if it was ann getting checked in a little earlier. (Check in was at. 16pm, so we asked nicely if we could get a few hours before). They said at the reception that this certainly was in order and that they would call us when the room was ready. No one called, so we checked in at. 16 pm.

The neighbors in the room next to us came home at. 1 am. And we heard they talked very well. (They did not talk loud, so the hotel is badly soundproofed).

We rented movie at the hotel and paid over $ 20.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 22 August 2014

As an Executive Platinum member of American Airlines AAdvantage program, this Hyatt Regency Miami was booked for a one-night stay arriving on Saturday August 9, 2014.

My wife and I were driving from Key West Florida to Hyatt Regency Miami and it took us almost Five (5) hours due to slow traffic. When we arrived at the hotel, I was surprised to learn that they have a $40.00 Flat Rate for Valet Parking and later I learned that a corrupt Valet Parking company contracts their valet service with Hyatt Regency Miami and the management of Hyatt Regency knows about it because this Hyatt Regency is getting a cut for every vehicle that is valet parked at $40.00 flat rate. I told the valet attendant that I want to park near the curb so I could go and check it and be back within fifteen minutes. The corrupt valet parking attendant said that I will give you five minutes free parking here and if you are not here, you will be charged a $40.00 for valet parking. I had no choice but to use the service.

The hotel check in service provided by one of the supervisor by the name of "Todd" was terrible. This idiot should not be a supervisor. I had requested a mini refrigerator in my hotel room when I had book for this hotel a week in advance and I was promised that I would have a mini refrigerator in my room upon my check in. I need to store some medicine when opened to keep it cool. When I entered the room on the 19th. floor, the bedside table lamps did not worked and I had called the room service three times to come and replace the bulb and it was never replaced. After arriving back to the room at midnight, still there was no refrigerator nor the bulb was changed. I again called the front desk and was informed that the bulb would be replaced within five minutes and as far as the refrigerator was concern, they do not have any. This hotel Housekeeping service is the worst. This hotel has five elevators and when I had checked it on Saturday August 9, 2014, two of the five elevators were not working and when I was waiting with my luggage to go to my assigned room on the 19th. floor one of the Hyatt guest said that he checked in on Thursday and the two elevators were not working when he checked in. On Saturday the third elevator broke down and now there are only two elevators working and I took video and pictures of Hyatt Hotel guest wait in line that which was about 20 feet long with and others without their luggage waiting for the elevator. I got mad and I complained, and finally the hotel management and supervisor started to get panic and opened the emergency elevator, which took their guest to the floors. This emergency elevator is only used in case of fire or any disaster. I was planning to send pictures and video to the Corporate Headquarters of Hyatt to the President & CEO's attention.

When I checked out the next day, I raised my opinion about my stay and I did let the staff know that I will be contacting Hyatt Corporate Headquarters and will write a letter about my stay at this hotel. Hotel Front Desk Associate Jordan Diaz was empowered to take care of my concern and assured me that someone from the Management staff would contact me. I never expected such a horrible service from Hyatt Regency Miami and I do blame this completely at the Hyatt Regency General Manager by the name of Luis Aloma. This Luis Aloma should not be a General Manager for this hotel. Monday morning,

Monday morning, I received a call from Mr. Fidencia Mata who is the Room Director of this hotel. He was empowered to take care of all my concern and even apologized what had happened. Mr. Mata gave me such an exceptional customer service, which made me reconsider filing a general complaint with Hyatt Hotels. General Manager Luis Aloma should be ashamed of having a General Manager's title of Hyatt Regency Miami and should learn from Mr. Mata’s exceptional Customer Service. This Hotel should also reconsider looking for another valet parking service company and replacing the current General Manager. I never received a call from the General manager Luis Aloma.

Room Tip: Try getting room facing the river view. The room was clean , Terrible House keeping.
24 Thank findmeinusa