3,914 results
All reviewsriverwalk cafeconvention centerknight centerwhole foodsself parkingsouth beachconcierge deskpeople moverdowntown areahigh floorhotel restaurantpre cruisebiscayne bayconferencevaletmetromoverbayside
Reviewed 3 December 2017

I couldn't grasp how a Hyatt Regency could garner such a poor average review until I stayed here for a few nights. I paid to upgrade to a 19th floor "River View" room I was told was "amazing". Well, the view was of the surrounding buildings, and I had two huge windows, both completely dirty, and two balconies - I just couldn't actually go out on them; The doors must have been removed at some point and sloppily welded shut. I only rate this 3* because the bed and general amenities like charging points, cooling and wi-fi were fairly up to par.

It was the walled off bathroom/vanity area that was awful - sink area and tiny, old bathroom straight out of a Motel 6, along with a weird nook which I guess was supposed to be the closet - which consisted of one small hanging rod. The corridors similarly have the very shabby feel with old carpets and worn-out walls. The elevators became a running joke. At least a few of the light panels were broken, so you were never sure if you were headed to the floor you hit. The location is fine - there is a Whole Foods across the street and a few decent restaurants around - the River Walk isn't exactly impressive.

I am guessing they do most of their business from conferences (like mine) so they don't need to bother getting this place up to Hyatt standards. There is no way I'd stay here if I was paying out of my own pocket.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Hotel_Mgr_365, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear Rahul,

We love welcoming meeting and conference attendees, and we strive to impress each of our guests with our convenient location and excellent customer service. We regret that some other aspects of your stay fell short of your expectations, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion as we’re continually working to elevate the guest experience. We hope you’ll join us for another stay so that we may have the chance to win you over.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

I chose this hotel for a couple of reasons: location; and I received a Friends & Family discount from my cousin who works for Hyatt, something I was very appreciative of.

The access to the hotel from I-95 was fantastic, and the distance from American Airlines Arena was reasonable, making it a very excellent choice for our 1-night getaway to see Lady Gaga.

Before the trip, I was hyping myself up by looking at the gorgeous photos of the rooms online, only to be let down when I walked in the room. The rooms are very dated and sparsely furnished, and do not accurately reflect the photos on the website. Decor aside, the room was AMAZING. It was very large and spacious and laid out very well. I had turned down a comp upgrade at check-in to a larger room, because the room I had booked was a king bed and the upgrade was for two double beds. I can't imagine a much bigger room as this room was very, VERY large. It may have just been the location of this specific room (at the end of the hall), but it was pretty spectacular.

We also had two "balconies" that overlooked the river which made it all worth it. However, one of the "balconies" did have exposed rebar. This would have been an issue if the "balconies" were accessible, but aesthetically it wasn't pleasing.

The room was also very well laid out, and I particularly liked that the bathroom was closed off yet open to the area of the room with the bed, allowing both privacy and conversation.

Other issues with the room included the coffee maker not working and the toiletries having not been replenished from the previous guest (the shampoo and conditioner bottles were practically empty). This was only a 1-night stay, so those issues really were a non-issue. Had it been a longer stay, however, I would have had these issues addressed.

All in all, it was a very wonderful stay. I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Ryne,

We are gaga for Gaga and we’re honored to have been a part of this special occasion! Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed our spacious rooms, gorgeous views and accessible location for the big event! Your added comments are also helpful as we continually strive to improve the guest experience, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon for another fun stay.

All the best,

Reviewed 30 November 2017

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Hotel_Mgr_365, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Daphne was amazing!! I've never been to a drink class at a hotel and thought it was a great idea! It was my first visit to Miami and made me feel right at home because of the incredible hospitality! I'll never forget this time and have to thank Daphne for the great time! We received amazing prizes for our group and my colleagues were grateful for the time! Thank you Daphne for the hospitality!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Meerae P

We loved welcoming you, Meerae, and we truly appreciate your wonderful review! It was our pleasure to host you while in Miami, and we’re glad that Daphne was such a stellar example of hospitality. We’ll be sure to let her know that you had such a great time at the event, and we’ll look forward to your next visit. Come back soon!

All the best,

Reviewed 29 November 2017

I had to stay here overnight and the entire room smelled like an old mop. Whatever the cleaning person used to clean the rooms. It seems that the mop or cleaning rags were not cleaned which caused the room to smell. The room had only one trash can. The windows were dirty and the carpet had stains. For the amount of money I spent I wish I got a refund. I was not HAPPY.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear Crystal,

We want each of our guests to enjoy a pleasant experience and leave with happy memories from their time with us, and we’re very sorry to see that this was not your impression. Our hospitable team members are always happy to assist our visitors, and we wish we had known of your concerns while you were here so that we could promptly address them for your added comfort. If your time permits, please forward your contact details and a good time to reach you to HRMexecoffice@hyatt.com so that we may be in touch to extend our personal apologies that your recent stay fell short of our high standards. We thank you for letting us know and look forward to speaking with you soon.