“Great Time!”

Ranked #6 of 123 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great Time!”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

My first time at the InterContinental was fantastic! Will go back. The room was very nice with a great view of the bay, the service and food at Toro Toro was fantastic, the breakfast was good and plenty and the room it was served in had a great view of downtown and the water. This was a short business trip so I didn't have a chance to try the spa, pool or other restaurants, but definitely will next time. William, the valet out front, was great-helpful, fast, funny. I was in Miami for the art fairs and was completely amazed at the stunning Henry Moore sculpture in the lobby atrium and the art work through out the hotel was attractive, intelligent and just good. Not the same old dull hotel art tossed on walls.

Room Tip: definitely a room with a bay view.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear curcioprojects,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are absolutely thrilled that you chose us our property for your first InterContinental experience. To top it off, it was during the best time of the year - Art Basel. Our hotel features a modern, yet sexy ambiance that represents the artistic culture that is Miami. We will make sure to share your comments with William and the rest of our staff to let them know that they contributed to an unforgettable experience. Again, thank you for the gracious compliments and we look forward to your return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,295)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Definit,y toro toro great location and comfort we will stay here again we stayed 3 nights other than getting no help with our luggage even after calling an d saying it would be ready at specific time there was no problem it took us a hr and half to get the luggage out while waiting for baggage because a cruise line was leaving that day , a couple snags ,like having to o shower in the spa because the housekeeping had not been done then going up and it still not being done and being there in the room with housekeeping while they finally did it because it was 5 pm . We were out all day but still not done , we didn't care because we loved out room and the manager by passed the 15 charge to use the shower in the spa ,she knew while I was in convinced to shower in the spa while we thought she was cleaning our room,both agree we would stay there again and even longer we stay at intercontinental a all around the world great service really comfortable how could anyone be upset when everything smells so good and it's such a great atmosphere , so only the leaving was frustrating with waiting for the bell man , I'd say just be prepared for cruise travelers leaving on Saturdays and enjoy this amazing hotel

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear JasonandChelsie K,

Thank you for the 5 star review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. Indeed, our hotel has a beautiful ambiance. We are disappointed that our customer service failed to meet your expectations. We are continually evaluating our standards to exceed guest expectations 100% of the time. Again, we apologize for the service issues you encountered. We hope that you decide to stay with again on your next trip to Miami.
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I had the best lunch meeting today. The staff is extremely gracious and professional. Ashika guided me through the menu and the recommendations were right on point! The pizzas are all great...can't go wrong with any of them. If you haven't tried the lobster salad at this Intercontinental hotel...you haven't lived! U have to wash it down with Moet Rose though. Stay thirsty my friends.

Kind Regards

• Stayed December 2013
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Tally0314,

Thank you for writing this review. We are thrilled that your lunch meeting exceeded all your expectations. Indeed, the Blue Water restaurant is incredibly delicious and the staff is extremely attentive. We will share your comments with Ashika to let her know how she contributed to your incredible visit.
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This trip to Miami I stayed at the Intercontinental and have to say this is a truly an exquisite hotel! The check in was quick with the front desk staff being very helpful to go out of their way to accommodate me. I had a beautiful room facing the bay, very modern and upscale. They have a wonderful restaurant Toro Toro right off the lobby. The bartender Joey is a wonderful gregarious young lady who is a great asset to the hotel! Ilanna the concierge helped me with an introduction to a unique experience. The hotels on site Electric Bike rentals. I was helped by a gentleman Roy that provided me with a wealth of information of places to see and how to get there by bike. I was shocked at how much fun I had on their bikes. They travel at 20 mph without pedaling and we're extremely comfortable. I chose to take his advice and see South Beach being I was pushed for time . I was able to see so much in the 3 hours that I had the bike for. I would make sure that you ride one of their bikes if you can on your stay, they are a blast!!! The hotel also has a Starbucks in the lobby which is a great addition to all of their other great amenities on property.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear AMG661,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are thrilled that we exceeded your expectations. We are also extremely glad that you were able to unwind and take a scenic bike ride to South Beach. Our electric bicycles are the best way to experience Miami, hopefully some of the cruise ships were at port because nothings better than biking next to the beautiful port of Miami when it’s full of cruise ships. We will share your comments with Roy, Joey, and the rest of our staff to let them know how they contributed to your stay. Again, thank you for this review and we look forward to your next visit.
Union Springs, New York
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I stayed at the Intercontinental Miami last weekend, and the hotel itself is beautiful. The services at the spa were outstanding. My massage therapist, Franklyn, provided the best massage of any I've received at any hotel. I wanted a deep tissue massage, and it was perfect. He was caring and listened to my needs. I left there floating on a cloud, and i have been pain free now for several days. My complaint about the hotel itself is that, since it sits next to other high-rises on the bay, sunlight by the pool is occluded for the majority of the day.

Room Tip: request a bay view
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank truth521
Dear truth521

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are glad that you enjoyed most of your stay with us. Indeed, our spa is amazing and relaxing. We will share your comments with Franklin to let her know how she contributed to resolving your back pain issue. We understand your concerns and have shared your observations with the appropriate staff.
Worcester, England
Reviewed 9 December 2013

An excellent hotel in a great waterfront location, within walking distance of both the waterfront shops/eateries and the Miami Heat basketball arena. Our room was spacious, clean and quiet - with great views of the bay. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The only downside was the cost of some of the extras eg car parking ($36 per night seemed a bit steep - only valet parking available), the cost of using the internet; the cost of drinks at the bar etc.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Scorpian87,

Thank you for noticing our recent renovations. Our hotel is designed to reflect a very modern, sexy atmosphere that anyone can enjoy. Indeed, our location is ideally located in the heart of downtown Miami, allowing our guests the freedom to explore the city. We realize that our valet and WiFi charges are a little step and we have taken you suggestions and passed them along to the appropriate staff in hopes to improve the overall customer experience. We hope that you will return soon.
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

This was the first time I ever stayed at such a fancy hotel. I thought I was going to feel a bit awkward, this being a luxury hotel. But from the very second the valet opened my cab door I couldn't have felt more welcome. During my entire stay, the staff were amazing and so helpful, making my stay the real "Magic Kingdom!"
The hotel is beautiful and very cool, I especially loved the pool area and the poolside bar/restaurant with the most spectacular view in Miami.
The restaurant Toro Toro was in a class of its own. The food was incredible! Excellent, friendly service and good prices.
The room was fine, I had a spectacular sea view. All amenities one could need - except free wifi. For such an expensive hotel, I think that should be included in the rate.
Room service was prompt, but they got my order wrong. I was too hungry to care, risking having to wait.
Overall, an amazing experience and I'll be coming back next time I'm in Miami.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Mirremorr,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Indeed, our hotel is spectacular and features some of the best customer service this town has to offer. However, we are disappointed that we did not meet all of your expectations. We have passed your suggestions along to the rest of our staff as we are always trying to improve our hotel. We hope that you will stay with us again.