“Great place to stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 121 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great place to stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night only before my cruise, but had a great stay. Staff is great, room is big, bed is great, bathroom is big. And location is nice. Wifi could be better, somehow it only worked properly in the bathroom. Pity you need to pay for the gym and the price for parking is not clear. But will defnitely come back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear JJay-r,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am so happy to hear that we were able to give you a great pre-cruise stay! It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoyed every aspect of their stay including our location, service and accommodations.

I do apologize for the shortcomings you described in regards to the internet connection and I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the charge for the fitness center. I am also sorry for the confusion regarding the valet parking charges. Our charge for overnight parking is $39 per night.

Again, I appreciate your feedback and I'm happy to hear that you would stay with us again. Please email me interconmiami@gmail.com so that I can offer my assistance with any future bookings and ensure that we continue to exceed your expectations.

Arminio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,204)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ephrata, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here the weekend before our cruise. The location was great, the marble throughout is gorgeous, and the value was incredible, since we'd booked it on Priceline. All the staff was very courteous and helpful. The pool was large, refreshing, and beautiful.
We had a few problems with our first room, so the Guest Loyalty & Experience staff, Rodrigo, really saved the day! He upgraded us to a room with a breath taking view and included the delicious breakfast buffet in the Ole' restaurant which had a lovely presentation.
In spite of the problems, Rodrigo was sincerely thoughtful, internationally charming and bilingual, very intelligent, and able to solve problems quickly and excellently. He has a kind, humble heart, a wonderful smile, and all wrapped up in movie star good looks!
Mr. & Mrs. Nelson, Washington

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Pamela N,

Thank you so much for your review of the InterContinental Miami. I am so glad to hear that you had an excellent experience and enjoyed our location, beautiful marble interior and value. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your first room but I am pleased to hear that you Rodrigo was able to assist you and make your stay a little brighter. I have shared your comments with him and gave my thanks for the 5-star service that he continues to provide to our guests.

I do hope that you will stay with us again during your next trip to Miami. Please email me at interconmiami@gmail.com so that I can ensure we continue to exceed your expectations.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

My husband and I got married at the Intercontinental Hotel six months ago and decided to spend this weekend there to celebrate. The weekend wouldn't have been the same with out help from Rodrigo Vivas. Rodrigo consistently goes out of his way to make us feel like royalty. His attention to detail was so sweet in helping us to recreate the romance of our wedding weekend. Thank you Rodrigo and the intercontinental hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Siverson1110,

Thank you so much for staying with us to celebrate 6 months of wedded bliss! It is an honor to have shared two great milestones with you and your husband. I am happy to hear that Rodrigo was able to make your stay memorable. I will share your kind words and thank him for the exemplary service he continues to deliver to our guests.

I look forward to seeing you in another six months as you celebrate your 1st wedding anniversary!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

This hotel was the best part of our recent 3.5 day trip to Miami where we began our cruise. We had a beautiful room overlooking the water just a few minutes by taxi to our ship. The pool and gym area on the fifth floor is lovely. We could easily have spent a whole day poolside. The breakfast buffet was great and we didn't need lunch. The Concierges were very helpful especially when we had problems with a pre-booked Flamingo Tour which didn't deliver what it promised. At their suggestion, we took the evening boat tour of the "islands of the rich and famous" and enjoyed the light show on the exterior of the hotel as we walked back at the end of a lovely tour on the Miami Lady.

Room Tip: Become an InterContinental Ambassador. It is well worth it for the upgrades.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear rdrinnan,

Thank you for sharing details of your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests had a 5-star experience and I'm thrilled that we were able to give a great start to your vacation. I'm happy that you were able to enjoy the beautiful views, our convenient location to the port and some of the hotel's many amenities.

Thank you for becoming an Ambassador member with IHG Rewards Club. I appreciate your loyalty to the InterContinental brand and to InterContinental Miami. It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel. Couldn't ask for better service. The staff was very friendly and attentive. From the bell attendant who suggested places to visit to management who made sure we were satisfied. The location is great. Close to Mary brickell village where there are places to eat or have a drink. Cannot wait to go back!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Odalis L.

Thank you for sharing your complimentary feedback on your stay with us at the InterContinental Miami. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and received excellent service from our staff. I am happy to have had you as our guest, and I can't wait for your return! Please email me at interconmiami@gmail.com so that I can offer my assistance with any future bookings and ensure that we continue to deliver exceptional service. Thank you again.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed here for my 25th Birthday this past weekend (April 30th - May 4th). It was my first time in Miami and it was my most memorable vacation ever. I had a ocean front window view in my room that I could see all of Port of Miami and Biscayne Bay. I had a double bed room with a mini bar and a bathroom with a shower + bathtub. Simple room but nice for the price. The room service was what was AMAZING. I told room service it was my birthday and surprised me with not one, but 2 birthday cards and a yummy chocolate cake! I thought that was really sweet. The MySpa at the hotel was great. They offered me free champagne and gave me a birthday discount for my service. My Spa therapist Vanessa was amazing. She gave me that best facial + massage ever. The pool + rooftop bar was beautiful. Overall a great experience! I would give this hotel 4/5 stars. It would've been 5/5 if they didn't charge me for using the Vodka and Bacardi in the Mini bar when I didn't. Other then that, It was great! Highly Recommended Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a ocean front view room. It is amazing waking up to Miami sunrise in the morning. My most me...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Tony L,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Happy belated birthday! I am so glad to hear that we helped to make your first trip to Miami one to remember. The views of the bay are absolutely breathtaking and I'm pleased that you were able to relax in room and watch the boats.

I'm thrilled that our in-room dining team was able to give you a little surprise to wish you a happy birthday and that you had a wonderful experience at mySpa. I will be sure to share your remarks with our team and thank them all for a job well done!

I am sorry to hear of your inconvenience due to the mini bar charges. I wish you would have brought this issue to our attention prior to your departure so that we could have offered our assistance and ensured your complete satisfaction.

It would be great if I could obtain additional details of your stay so that I can offer my assistance and ensure that we continue to exceed your expectations of the InterContinental Miami. Please email me at interconmiami@gmail.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Paderborn, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Our family of four stayed here for four days in April 2014 and we would recommend this hotel if you are looking for something close to the American Airlines Arena (walking distance). Valet parking is - unfortunately - the only way you can park your car at the hotel ($39 for 24 hours) but "works" flawlessly - even at times when the drop-off area was very congested. We had 2 rooms - one facing the bay and one facing the city. Both rooms were comfortable and we had no complaints. We also spent one afternoon on the outside terrace - where the pool is - and found that to be a nice break from the bustle of the city. The hotel has several restaurants and also houses a Starbucks. The breakfast buffet was good value and offers a variety of breakfast options. No complaints there. The Intercontinental is obviously not the cheapest of hotels but we would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear MatthewLangham,

Thank you so much for your review of the InterContinental Miami. I am so pleased to hear that you and your family had a great stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed our proximity to the American Airlines Arena and were able to take advantage of some of the hotel's great amenities.

I hope it's not too long before you visit us again. Please email me at interconmiami@gmail.com so that I can offer my assistance with any future bookings and ensure that we continue to give you 5-star experiences.