“Opulence Without Pretention”

GreenLeadersGold level
Halifax
“Opulence Without Pretention”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

16 May 2014. Everything about the InterContinental Miami is first-class. I had made the reservation online, several weeks in advance. At that time I made a note in the reservation that our night in Miami was the start of our 25th Anniversary celebration. The next morning we were leaving on our first cruise together. Unbeknownst to my wife I booked a room on the Club Level, hoping to provide her with the first of several surprises during our celebration.

Our pampering began as soon as we drove onto the property. We were met by a courteous bellman that whisked our bags out of the vehicle while welcoming us to the hotel. He tagged the bags, assuring us that the bags would be delivered to our room, and then handed us the copies of the tags. Before wheeling the bags away he guided us to the check-in desk.

When we arrived at the front desk we were again welcomed with a very friendly greeting. The young man at the desk was named Pier, and he made my wife and I feel like we were VIPs. Although we were about three hours before normal check-in time, he said that they had been waiting for us and our room was ready. Describing our reservation he said our king-sized room was on the "Club Level" with the best view in the hotel. He confidently told us that he was certain we would find the room - and the view – to our liking. Pier highly recommended their restaurant "Toro Toro" the #1 rated restaurant in all of Miami (according to Trip Advisor). As well, he described the beautiful spa and said he could help with any arrangements there. Pier described the "Club Level" which includes a lounge area with complimentary full-breakfast, snacks in the afternoon, coffee/tea all day, and happy hour from 6:00-8:30pm with a large selection of drinks and snacks. Even though I knew we had booked the Club Level, I was impressed with the treatment we received. My wife, on the other hand, was positively bubbling with excitement and gratitude.

Our room was absolutely gorgeous. The view was spectacular. In the center of our view we could see three cruise ships docked about a kilometer away. We went for a walk around the hotel and surrounding area, and made reservations at Toro Toro for later in the evening.
The two-hour Happy Hour was awesome. Waiters attending your every need and an excellent selection of beverages including several wines, beers, and spirits, and all the mix ingredients to create just about anything. There were also great appetizers to munch on! Who needs dinner?

When we went back to our room to get ready for dinner we discovered a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries had been delivered. A complimentary gift from the hotel!

Dinner at Toro Toro was absolutely fantastic. We had calamari AND octopus for appetizers. My wife had the skirt steak and I opted for the grouper with a side of truffle fries. OMG the food was outstanding. So much food! The service was also top-notch. What a great place!

Check-out the next morning took all of 30 seconds, and was accompanied by more courtesy.
Our stay at the InterContinental Miami was nothing short of perfect. The superb staff, elegant surroundings, and outstanding treatment provided us with an unforgettable experience. Well done… very well done!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking Miami Harbour and the cruise terminal provide spectacular views, day and night
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DandH_1989
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear DandH_1989

Thank you so much for your fantastic review! I am so pleased to hear that you and your wife had a 5-star experience to kick off your wedding anniversary celebration! Our staff takes great pride in delivering exceptional service and ensuring that our guests have a memorable experience and I'm proud that we did just that. I'm thrilled that you both enjoyed your little surprise and had great experiences in our Club Lounge and at Toro Toro.

It is always a pleasure to receive great reviews like yours and you have no idea how excited I am to hear that you enjoyed everything about your stay. I will be sure to share your remarks with our team and thank everyone for the service they provided.

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member. It was truly a pleasure to have you and your wife as our guests and I hope that you will visit us again soon. Please email me at icmiami@ihg.com prior to your next visit so that I can ensure we continue to exceed your expectations.

Arminio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,286)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
nj
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Nice modern hotel with large rooms, nice comfy bed with crisp sheets. Toro Toro is a nice addition - I had the Salad with seared tuna and wasabi dressing that was yummy. Everyone at the hotel is nice and welcoming from the moment that you pull up. I would like to especially acknowledge Rodrigo Vivas who checked us in with a smile and continued to check on our experience when he ran into us in the hotel- He is very professional and customer focused and really made our stay extra enjoyable. We were there for a conference but the location is right on the bay where you can walk to restaurants, etc and approx. 15 mins to the beaches. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear dc906,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of InterContinental Miami. I am thrilled to hear that we gave you a 5-star experience. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious accommodations, your dining experience at Toro Toro and the superior service from our staff. Rodrigo is truly a joy to work with. He is the epitome of hospitality and one of our shining stars. I'm so happy to have him on our team! He will be happy to hear that his hard work doesn't go unnoticed.

Thank you again for your feedback. I do hope it's not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Was here on vacation and this hotel provided fantastic service each of the four days we were there. From asking if we had "any special dietary requirements" when ordering room service (i'm a vegan with allergies) to presenting the lady (me) with the wine menu first at dinner, this place knows how to deliver top notch service. Even on the day we were checking out one of the gentlemen at valet asked us if we needed help, and although we said we were fine, he still went to make sure our car was available to us so we would have a streamlined checkout process. They provided the service before we even had to ask for it and sometimes before we even realized we needed it- which is a true sign of a great, customer service oriented hotel. Our friends came to visit us one of the nights for dinner and they too were completely impressed with everything from the lobby to the Toro Toro restaurant to our room- I know they'll be staying there in the future. Would highly recommend staying here when in Miami!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Jacqueline D,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of InterContinental Miami. It brings me great joy when I read how much our guests' stay was impacted by the 5-star service we strive to provide. It is our goal to ensure that every single guest is given a warm welcome and VIP treatment from the time they pull up to our doors up until the moment that they're driving off to their next destination. I am honored that we were able to do just that during your stay! I can't say it enough but none of this would be possible without the genuine hospitality and love that our colleagues have for what they do.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and dining experiences. I would love for you to email me at icmiami@ihg.com so that I can obtain additional details on how I can ensure you're next stay is worthy of a 5-star rating. I hope you'll come back soon!

Ridgefield, Connecticut
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Hard working and happy employees are the sign of a well run business. Intercontinental Miami has it hands down. With my 2nd 4 night stay at this hotel, I couldn't be more impressed with the staff. From the bellboys to the managers, they are willing to please, ready to help, always with a smile. You can feel the positive energy flow when you walk in- they care! Professional, luxurious, fantastic!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear suej572014,

Thank you so much for your wonderful remarks. I'm so happy to hear that you were able to witness the genuine care and hospitality that our staff possesses. I am so lucky to work with individuals who truly take pride in their work and love what they do. We strive to ensure that all of our guests walk away with a memorable experience and our staff willingly go above and beyond to do so. It is what keeps guests, like yourself, coming back time and time again!

Your accolades are much appreciated and I do hope that you will visit us again soon for round 3! It would be great if you could email me at icmiami@ihg.com prior to your next stay so that I can ensure we continue to exceed your expectations.

San Jose, California
Reviewed 4 June 2014

To summarize my stay, I'm sharing the email I sent out to the manager.

Hi *****

I'm writing to you after I stayed in your hotel for about 4 days, in review to an outstanding, and beyond satisfactory service.

I have encountered great reception and help from your employees, namely Ousmane Balde, the guy that works at the Bell, carrying baggage and so forth.

I asked him for directions, and he was very gracious in providing A+ detailed guidance, and insisted to give me his number in case I get lost (which I did) and continued to guide me over the phone until I got to my destination.

I simply would like to highlight his effort and the impression he created, which will entice me to visit the interContinental in Miami again in my future trips, as well as recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Choose the room on the side of the water, its got a gorgeous view!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Omaraali,

Thank you so much for your review of the InterContinental Miami. I am so happy to hear that you had a 5-star experience and enjoyed your stay. I am most proud of the exemplary service that you received from Ousmane throughout your stay. It is truly a pleasure to hear that he was instrumental in making your stay memorable. The genuine hospitality and care that our colleagues demonstrate is what keeps our guests coming back time and time again. I will share your wonderful remarks and thank him for the 5-star service that he continues to deliver.

I appreciate your recommendations and the thoughtful letter. I hope that it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had a concert to attend in Miami and figured why not spend the night down there. We got corporate rates through a family member and decided we'd stay at the Intercontinental in Miami. We were very pleased with our choice as the amenities were great and the hotel itself served every need we could possibly have. The room was very spacious and had an open layout which gave it a large feel. The hotel offers rooms with views of the city as well as partial water views. We had a city view and were pleased with it. We had to buzz concierge a few times and they were more than happy to oblige in a timely manner.

The service throughout the hotel is top notch and I would certainly return here for another stay. The breakfast buffet options were surprising and a rather large selection for a breakfast buffet. The staff is always smiling and willing to accommodate in a very pilot manner. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom is behind the bed, separated by a wall which I liked for not waking up anyone in the room when you have to get up in the middle of the night.

All in all it was a pleasant stay with great service and it is definitely a hotel I would recommend to friends in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Request a city or water view so ur not stuck looking at another building.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jeff G
Dear Jeff G,

Thank you so much for your fantastic remarks! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and received great service from our staff. I hope that you had an equally enjoyable time at your concert!

There are definitely no bad views from our hotel. Whether it be the breathtaking views of the bay, relaxing views of guests sitting poolside enjoying a summer cocktail or the hustle and bustle of the city; you will not be disappointed! I always encourage guests to experience a different view each time they stay with us. It's a fun way to see different areas of the city all from the comfort of your room.

I appreciate your recommendations and look forward to welcoming you back.

Buenos Aires
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Dear Arminio, i must congratulate you for the wonderful hotel you are running. As we both know, the most important asset in a hotel are the employees, and you have an amazing crew, since the bellboys to the managers Must stand out the great and unique service provided from Florangel Torres who was always available and very helpful. Also from Lily (front desk), Charly, Johny, Aristides and Flavia from the lounge whom alltogether allowed us to enjoy a great experience. Will certainly be glad to be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Alan G,

Thank you so much for your wonderful remarks! I definitely agree. Our hotel would be nothing without the amazing staff that I have been lucky enough to work it. It is truly a pleasure to see the genuine hospitality and care that our colleagues have and I'm proud that you were able to witness it firsthand. I appreciate your accolades to a few of our colleagues who were able to make your stay memorable and I will be sure to share your kind words with them.

It was truly a pleasure to have you and I look forward to your return.