“Great Place to Stay Pre Cruise”

InterContinental Miami
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed one night here before we took a weekend cruise to the Bahamas. The hotel staff were very welcoming and we were shown to our room quickly even though we checked in early. Our room was spacious and well appointed, we had an amazing view over Biscayne Bay. We had upgraded to an executive room and we were glad we did. There were complimentary drinks and snacks in the evening and breakfast in the morning, well worth it! We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Upgrade to an executive room, they are on the higher floors and the views are fabulous!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nottstravellers55
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear nottstravellers55,

Thank you for sharing details of your stay. I am so happy to hear that we were able to give you a great start to your getaway! Our Club Lounge is definitely worth the cost and I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the offerings during happy hour and breakfast.

I am most proud of the service you received from our staff. It is truly a pleasure to hear that they were welcoming and accommodated all of your needs. I am pleased that you would stay with us again and hope that you'll email me at icmiami@ihg.com so that I can offer my assistance with any future reservations and ensure that we continue to exceed your expectations.

Arminio

Write a ReviewReviews (6,557)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our experience was amazing, the staff at the front desk, concierge, bellman and at the club lounge were all super friendly and helpful. We had dinner at Toro Toro which was very delicious and the dessert we got called the La Bamba was heaven. My husband and I were made to feel very welcome and as this was our first time in the US, Intercontinental Miami offered us more than what we had expected all thanks to Roderigo for the great start! If you are deciding on a hotel to stay at, then this is the one for you, remember you get what you pay for and good things don't come cheap! Bayside is only about a 12 min walk, with lots of bars, cafés, restaurants and shopping stalls. Definitely can't wait to go back..Mrs Naidoo

Room Tip: Any room overlooking the port is great.

Dear 618Marlene,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you had an amazing experience and received 5-star service from our staff. It is important to us that our guests feel welcomed and I'm proud we did just that. I will share your accolades with our staff including Rodrigo, who were able to make your stay memorable.

It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoyed the amenities of our hotel as well as some of the great things that Downtown Miami has to offer. Toro Toro is now ranked #1 on TripAdvisor and I'm thrilled you had the opportunity to give it a try. Our La Bomba is definitely a fan favorite and a personal favorite of my own!

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope to welcome you back soon! Please email me at icmiami@ihg.com so that I can ensure we continue to exceed your expectations and offer you great experiences.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

this is a 4 star plus hotel with great service and amenities on property, staff was very welcoming and helpful. Lobby has nice atmosphere watched world cup games and was very lively. other than the $39.00 parking everything else is world class

Dear mully1234,

Thank you so much for your review of the InterContinental Miami. I am so happy to hear that you received world class service from our staff and enjoyed our World Cup promotions.

I do hope that it's not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back. Please email me at icmiami@ihg.com prior to your next visit so that I can ensure we continue to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My son and I stayed here on a trip to see the Heat play a game in the Eastern Conference Finals and we also were able to see the Marlins while in town. This hotel is very nice and guests are made to feel very welcome and special. I was a lot happier with this than the old properties with a loud party atmosphere on the beach. This property is located at Bayside and was convenient to all that we needed. The stay was very nice and we got a great night's sleep. The price of the room is very reasonable based on the level of comfort and service.

You will pay $39/ night for parking. Access to the automobile is not an issue as the valet service and service around the front entrance is very prompt and a pleasure to encounter.

Management has done a great job creating a positive experience for guests. You will not be disappointed in this choice of hotels. Highly recommend!!

Room Tip: Request a view of the bay and move up to higher floors.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Robbie B

Dear Robbie B,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am thrilled that we were able to offer you and your son a wonderful experience during your recent trip to Miami. I hope you enjoyed both of the games. I wish things would have worked out better for the Heat but there's always next year I guess!

More importantly, I'm pleased to hear that you received 5-star service from our staff. Guest satisfaction is our main priority and we strive to ensure that each and every person who walks through our doors is given a warm welcome and VIP treatment. I'm happy we did just that. I wish that the management team could take all of the credit but it is truly our staff who are instrumental in making it memorable for our guests. Without their genuine hospitality and love for what they do, we would be nothing. I applaud them for their hard work and I'm truly grateful to work with such a wonderful group of individuals.

I appreciate your recommendations and hope that you'll reach out to me should you plan to return in the future. Please email me at icmiami@ihg.com prior to your next visit so that I can ensure we continue to exceed your already grand expectations of the InterContinental Miami.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed overnight pre cruise. Checkin was quick and efficient. Staff were very friendly throughout the hotel, accept for bell service – a little dis interested. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Pool was nice with great views across the bay. Downstairs bar was also good for eats and drinks. My only 2 concerns are the paid internet and the elevators. I paid the extra $18 for ‘premium’ in room internet yet still couldn’t make a skype to skype call! Ive never had this issue previously when visiting the US, though I did experience this at more than once on this visit. The second issue are the elevators upon checkout. It is almost impossible to catch an available elevator! We waited approx. 30min before we decided to press the up button, which ended up working for us. I suggest you head for reception early or grab a late checkout. Other than that a good stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank woofiedo

Dear woofiedo,

Thank you for posting details of your stay with us. I am so happy to hear that we were able to offer you a great pre-crusie stay and I'm glad you enjoyed our facilities and services. I do apologize for the issues you experienced in regards to the internet and I wish your stay hadn't been impacted by it.

I am happy to share with you that in mid-April we did begin an 18-month modernization project which will feature advanced technology to ensure more efficient operations of our elevators. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by this during your stay. In addition to your suggestions, we do offer alternate options for guests wishing to check-out quickly. These include checking out via the television in our guest rooms or through our express check-out procedure.

I am happy that despite these issues you were still able to have an enjoyable stay. I hope that it's not too long before you visit us again.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My wife and I checked in on Jun 13, 2014. Ingrid was the guest relations person checking my wife and I into the Hotel. She could see that my wife had suffered from a resent illness and that I was retired from the Military. Ingrid set us up in a room on the 23rd Floor with a view of Miami and the bay. Ingrid stated if I needed anything just call and ask for her. Ingrid is a great credit to the InterContinental Hotel in Miami, Fl.

Room Tip: You should try the breakfast buffet, it was great.

Dear Tom H,

Thank you so much for your review of the InterContinental Miami. I am so happy to hear that Ingrid's genuine care and concern was instrumental in making your stay memorable. It is always a pleasure to hear stories such as yours and I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay.

I do hope that it's not too long before you visit us again.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip. Here is my review:

Parking: There is no guest parking in the hotel. Only valet parking. Costs $39/- per day. Valet service is fast and efficient.

Hotel Entrance: A bit poorly designed since the luggage ramp is pretty steep. However, there are bell boys available to help cart your luggage.

Check-In: Very friendly, fast and pleasant experience

Concierge: Very friendly and helpful.

Rooms: Nice ambiance, especially the bay facing rooms. The Washrooms are clean and nice. The only complaint I have is that the water pressure in the wash basin was too low due to water saving pressure inhibitors. The water pressure in the shower was pretty good. Note that shower gel is not provided, perhaps something that the hotel management should be cheap about.

Breakfast: Good choice and mostly ok service. The person at the omelette station was no where to be seen on couple of days I went down for breakfast.

ToroToro: Excellent service, very friendly staff, nice food. The small plates are not that small, so are excellent value for money.

Location: Just superb location. The views from the pool restaurant on the 5th floor is very nice.\

SUMMARY: Very nice experience. very nice hotel and staff. I will recommend this to friends and family, and definitely will be back.

Room Tip: Choose the bay facing rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank goadude
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear goadude,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate your recommendations. I am glad that you had the opportunity to explore some of the great amenities that the InterContinental Miami and Downtown Miami have to offer.

I am most happy to hear that you plan to return. It would be great if you emailed me at icmiami@ihg.com with additional details of your stay. I want to offer my assistance with your future reservations and ensure that we continue to offer you great experiences.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.