“Excellent hotel- little pricy”

InterContinental Miami
Ranked #6 of 123 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
“Excellent hotel- little pricy”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My bf and I stayed her June 13-15 2014. I booked via hotwire. My main concerned after booking was that I found out we had to pay $39 per day for parking and there's no way of opting out of that. What were we going to do???? Nothing!Just pay it! Ok that was and is my only con about the hotel. The room was average for the price but nevertheless it was clean and comfy. We stayed on the 17th floor. Bathroom was spectacular and clean (my kinda clean). Now the staff, the staff was the best part of the hotel. They were wonderful, amazing, friendly, willing, just darn wonderful. We got there at 1 and even though check in wasn't until 4, Llana T checked us in and gave us a king size bed instead of the standard double bed I had booked (I wasn't aware). She was very very nice, she texted when we got upstairs and she made sure everything was fine. No problem whatsoever checking in. 10 stars for her. We went to the pool on the Saturday, the guy working there, I forgot his name, but he's from Trinidad, he was wonderful. He took awesome care of us and made sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. The staff all greeted you with a warm smile. Some of the vallet could be a little more friendly but then it wasn't all of them, just some. Also we didn't tip every time. $39 for parking, we couldn't tip every time. Overall I loved it and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank JurneeMom
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear JurneeMom,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable accommodations and received 5-star service from our staff. It brings me great pride to hear of the level of care that was demonstrated by the members of our team especially Ilana who was helpful in making your stay memorable. I am sorry to hear of the shortcomings you experienced and I hope they don't deter you from staying with us again in the future.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Arminio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,297)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed here after our cruise out of Miami. We were quite pleased with the accommodations and the service provided. We were especially pleased that we were allowed our rooms early in the morning, right after our ship returned to port. We expected to store our luggage and then head off until check-in time. Nope; 8 AM and our room was ready for us. Nice!
Two minor issues with our stay. First, the pool was surprisingly cold. The neighboring building shaded the pool area through out much of the day and so was rather cold. Second, on our departure days, there was some charity even, a marathon of some sort, that blocked access to the hotel. We were told that we'd be unable to get around this, however it was not made clear that pedestrian traffic could be able to get by (via a circuitous path). As a result, we spent a lot of time lingering around the hotel waiting for this event to end.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Grizinator,

Thank you for sharing details of your stay with us. I am delighted that we were able to offer you a great post-cruise stay! I am so happy that our staff was able to accommodate your needs and provide you with an early check-in upon your arrival to the hotel. I do apologize for the shortcomings you described and I hope they don't deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Again, it was a pleasure to have had you as our guest and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

It took us by surprise the quality of the hotel by the price we paid! The hotel is located in downtown miami, in front of a beautiful park and the ocean! Really fine restaurants walking distance!
Reception was very attentious, room was clean and big enought!
This is a very Nice standard business hotel, but worked quite ok for our big family as well! I recommend!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Zavar
Dear Zavar,

Thank you so much for your review of the InterContinental Miami. It's a pleasure to hear that you were pleasantly surprised by your experience and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm delighted that you found our location to be well-suited to your needs and received great service from our staff. I appreciate your recommendations and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Please email me at icmiami@ihg.com at your earliest convenience should you need any additional assistance in the future.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed at the Intercontinental hotel for 3 nights on business, it was beautiful and absolutely faultless, and breakfast delicious. Special mention to Ingrid at reception who was always so helpful and cheerful, and who went the extra mile to help.

Great location and would definitely have a meeting and stay there again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Lucy M,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review of InterContinental Miami. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your business trip! I appreciate the accolades to Ingrid who was able to make your stay memorable. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with her and thank her for the service she continues to provide to our guests.

I am very happy that you would stay with us again and ask that you please email me at icmiami@ihg.com at your earliest convenience should you need any assistance with future bookings. It was a pleasure to have had you and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

nyc
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a nice hotel - very pretty and well kept. The restaurants are very very good! I don't love the windows in the room, yes the view of the water can be beautiful but I personally feel that when in Miami, a balcony is a MUST. I was also on business so I cannot complain. My only negative thoughts were that the bedding never seemed clean. I like my room cold, however, even on 67 and high it wasn't ever really "cold". The actual comforter under the cover sheets was a shade of grey (not white). Also, my room happened to be near some sort of office or staff room so all I heard everytime I was in my room was that door slamming.. not just closing SLAMMING. Also, the walls are pretty thin so I could hear the baby next door screaming all morning on Saturday am. The spa is AMAZING. I had the best massage of my life called the "deep sleep" it was fantastic. The gym was also fantastic. all new machines, high tech.. very clean and spaced out. bonus for me was the starbucks in the lobby.... The room service menu was very good. The area outside of the hotel was ok - I was asked by colleagues to use the buddy sytem and not walk around alone.....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear dc9580,

Thank you so much for your review of the InterContinental Miami. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed some of our great amenities such as our dining options, spa and fitness center. I do apologize for the shortcomings you described and ask that you please bring these issues to our attention in the future. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and we appreciate the opportunity to make any amends to any shortcomings that may have occurred.

Thank you again for your feedback. I do hope that you give us another chance to change your impression and make you fall in love with our hotel. Please email me at icmiami@ihg.com so that I can ensure we offer you a more memorable and favorable experience in the future.

Los Angeles
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Intercontinental has outstanding customer service. We were checked in by Ilana T, who was extremely helpful and enthusiastic. She was the best customer service agent I've ever met in Miami, really above and beyond expectations.

We stayed in a beautiful suite that had a picture-frame recessed window overlooking the waterfront. I recommend these if they are available. All facilities were in good working order; I simply have nothing bad to say.

The hotel has two restaurants--Toro Toro and Ole. Toro Toro has very well-prepared foods and drinks at a reasonable price. While we were there, they installed a large-screen TV to broadcast the World Cup games.

Location-wise, the hotel is next to Bayside Park, where many of the Biscayne Bay cruises are quartered. It's a short walk to downtown and the metro mover. There are bus lines to Miami Beach--I would budget 40 minutes to get there. Driving is another option, but be aware that the hotel will charge $39.99 per night for parking. Taxi will be around the same price.

In summary, I've been to Miami several times and have stayed at other 4/5 star hotels, both in downtown and in South Beach. The standout feature of Intercontinental is their service. If easy beach access is a priority, this may not be the best option. But if you intend to do other things besides Miami Beach, such as cruises, Coral Gables, Everglades, etc, this hotel definitely deserves a look.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear bigcrank,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It is always a pleasure to read reviews such as yours as it reminds me of how lucky I am to work with great individuals who take great pride in what they do. As you point out, our service is truly what makes the difference. Yes we have a beautiful hotel with great amenities but without the genuine hospitality from our staff, we would be nothing. The fact that you were witness to this makes me very proud. I will be sure to share your kind remarks and thank our staff for their continued service.

I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed some of our amenities such as the breathtaking views of the bay, dinner in Toro Toro and our convenient location. I appreciate your recommendations and hope that you'll visit us again. Please email me at icmiami@ihg.com so that I can offer my assistance with any future reservations and ensure we continue to offer you 5-star experiences.

Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Damage done to vehicle by valet service while it was under possession of the valet parking company at Intercontinental Hotel - Miami
Case #- 301422438460901
I arrived at the Intercontinental Hotel - Miami on business, Wed May 14th, 2014 at approximately 5pm and handed my vehicle over to the Valet Service the hotel uses "SP+ Central Parking". I did not use nor access my vehicle until my departure on Thursday May 15th at approximately 11pm. I noticed damage to my front driver side bumper area on Saturday Morning and immediately notified the Hotel about the issue. They requested I come in to fill out a report with them and allow them to photograph the damage. They also mentioned they would review the video surveillance to attempt to pinpoint how the damage took place. I requested they send me a
copy of their report and contact me as soon as the issue could be resolved yet they are saying that my claim is denied due to their belief they were not negligent in this matter.

This is bad business and I will never stay at this hotel ever again after having 800 dollars in damage to my car.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Omar C
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Omar C,

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback with us. As you have already spoken with SP+ Parking, I am disappointed that you feel the situation was not addressed appropriately and I must apologize if the problem was not handled to your satisfaction. Please know that we take guest satisfaction seriously and I am saddened that this has left you with a negative impression of our hotel. I would like to follow-up on the situation further and ask that you email me at icmiami@ihg.com at your earliest convenience.

I do hope that you give us another chance to change your impression of the InterContinental Miami. I am confident that if you returned you would leave with a more memorable and favorable impression.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.