“Great hotel!”

InterContinental Miami
Ranked #7 of 127 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here one night pre-cruise and very much loved it! We were upgraded to bay view rooms and also got free wifi because we are IHG loyalty members. That was a nice perk! I would highly recommend!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank maja651
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear maja651,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am delighted that we were able to offer you a great pre-cruise stay! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your upgraded room and the complimentary internet access. As a valued IHG Rewards Club member, it's important that you walk away completely satisfied and I'm happy that we were able to offer you a 5-star stay.

I appreciate your recommendations and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I can honestly say that I have never been to a hotel that has treated me so exceptionally well as they have at the Intercontinental Downtown Miami... this means a lot coming from someone who works in the hotel industry across NA.

From the moment you walk in and meet the Head Concierge Mr. Eddy Rosello (who will show you where and how to show you the BEST time in Miami), to the gorgeous amenities, room service, staff, stunning SPA ( I chipped my nail and was so delighted by Vanella's manicure that I squeezed in a relaxing and heavenly pedicure) to the mouth watering and sensational food and dining experience at Toro Toro and Ole.

I have had the great pleasure of meeting a number of Chef's, stewards and F&B staff and I can promise you that you will never find a place that brings you this quality of taste, ambiance, enjoyment of food, staff and simply a delight of overall experience of every meal, meeting and interaction with the staff here at the Intercontinental Downtown.

I would like to make a special note to Chef Alex has graciously given me the opportunity to try some of the most delicious dishes, wines, and most importantly.. happiest experiences at this hotel and in Miami.

There is not one thing that I do not love about this hotel- I would highly recommend coming here for the locals, internationals and anyone who is looking to have an amazing time.

I will be here many many more times and cannot wait until the day I return.

-Ali Conrad

Room Tip: I had a room facing East and it was absolutely STUNNING waking up to the waterfront and sun!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear AliC5,

Thank you so much for your wonderful remarks! As soon as you walk through our doors you immediately become a part of the InterContinental Miami family and I am pleased to hear that you were given a warm welcome. I am so proud that our staff has taken great care of you throughout your stay and has been instrumental in making your trip to Miami memorable. I truly appreciate your accolades and will share your gratitude with our teams.

Thank you for your recommendations. It is a pleasure to have you as our guest and I hope you enjoy the remainder of your stay.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was a bit afraid reading some of the reviews, specially given it seems there are 'hidden charges' for almost everything. In fact, I was surprised of the 13 USD daily internet charge or the response from room service that I had to pay to have 1 bowl and 1 spoon delivered to my room. I understand they were busy but most probably I would have said 'why don't you come down and fetch it'?

However the reality is the following

1. If you become a member of the rewards problem (no cost, can do it on the spot) internet is free of charge
2. Actually I suggested I found weird to pay for cuttlery delivery and void the charge
3. Got invited to complimentary starbucks coffee
4. Got a 20% discount on room service as I noted to the concierge the quality was very so-so

Re parking...you can leave the car outside the hotel for 1/2 of the price, or in any of the nearby parkings. Not such a big deal.

Broadly speaking, I feel there is a disconnect between corporate instructions and reality. Staff strive to deliver the best possible service and actually they achieve this with high standards.

Definetly I would recommend and repeat

Room Tip: Know your options for parking

Dear Beltran S,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review of InterContinental Miami. I'm happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised! I'm thrilled that our team was able to resolve the issues you encountered and accommodate your needs.

I truly appreciate your recommendations and accolades to our staff on the high level of service that they provided.

It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest and I hope it's not too long before you visit us again!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is a gorgeous hotel in downtown Miami. We dealt with a lovely young woman at the front desk who arranged for us to get free wi-fi by signing up as a loyalty member. My first impression was how spacious the hotel is...lobby, hallways, hotel room, ensuite bathroom.

Our spacious room was beautiful, with city and partial ocean views. The king bed was very comfortable. My DH managed to score this room on Hotwire and we ended up paying ~$140, all in. Very good value for the money!

We felt safe walking along the shopping and dining area right near the hotel where there were lots of good choices to choose from (see my review for Bubba Gumps).

This was the end of our wonderful Florida vacation before heading off for a Panama Cruise the next day. Taxis are plentiful at the hotel and one of the many doormen arranged one for us immediately.

Would love to stay here again and would definitely recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear DebT57,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review of our hotel. Welcome to IHG Rewards Club and welcome to the InterContinental Miami family! I'm delighted that we gave you a great pre-cruise stay.

It's such a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful facilities, location and service. I hope you had an equally enjoyable time on your cruise and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

I would love for you to email me at icmiami@ihg.com prior to your next stay so that I can personally assist with your future reservations and ensure we continue to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This had to one of my best Father's Day gift from my wife. The pool was quiet and great pool bar. The pool bar service was amazing. Also the concierge Eduardo Rosello gave us great restaurants referall. He made us feel part right at home. He was exceptional in his service and advise. The room was clean with a great view. We checked out at 3pm with no hassles. We would like to make this a traditional Father's DAy of coming back. Carlos R.

Room Tip: High floors.

Dear Carlos R,

Thank you so much for the fantastic remarks! I'm delighted to hear that you we were able to offer you a great father's day celebration! I'm most proud to hear that you were welcomed to the InterContinental Miami family with open arms and received great service from our staff including Rosello. We strive to ensure that our guests are given a memorable experience and I'm happy to hear that we did just that.

I truly hope that you continue to chose our hotel for your future father's day getaways! Please email me at icmiami@ihg.com so that I can offer my personal assistance with your reservations and ensure that we continue to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel in downtown Miami. From the moment we arrived, the service was excellent. We were in an exceptional suite. I don't normally eat at the hotel, but dinner at ToroToro was exceptional, with perfect service. The room's view was partial ocean, but nice. It would be better if there was a quiet space to eat, but the loud bar/restaurant is your only option. Great stay -- will stay again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear yatahey,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review of the InterContinental Miami. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, accommodations and the service you received from our staff.

Toro Toro is definitely not a restaurant you'd typically find in a hotel. It has made a name for itself and is currently ranked as the number 1 restaurant in Miami on TripAdvisor! I am so glad that you enjoyed your dining experience but I do apologize that you found it to be too loud. Please note that we do have another restaurant and bar, Bluewater, which is located on the 5th floor and offers beautiful views of the bay. It is definitely a great choice for a quiet lunch.

Thank you again for your feedback. I'm delighted to hear that you would stay with us again and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I’m not one to often write reviews....I believe my last was over 10 years ago. However, I just completed a week long stay at the InterContinental in Miami to attend my daughter's graduation and I feel compelled to share my thoughts so others might enjoy the company-wide exceptional accommodations and service my family enjoyed. The friendliness and attentiveness of every staff member we encountered was exceptional. On our first night we received the warmest of greetings from the assistant general manager Carlos, and then thoroughly enjoyed an evening (and many more) in the company of the professional, efficient and friendly Sean, Matt and Ian at the Toro Toro bar. Every morning we started our day at the beautifully appointed InterContinental Club on the 29th floor and were spoiled by the gracious and professional Florangel and her staff at the Intercontinental Club. These people take their jobs seriously and really love what they do....it shows. Thank you to all. In addition to wonderful people the facility is magnificent.....clean, modern, comfortable, breathtaking views, good food, and convenient. The only place we'll stay in Miami.

Paul

Room Tip: Hard not to want the bay view.
1  Thank Paul H

Dear Paul H,

Wow! Thank you so much for the wonderful remarks! It is truly a pleasure to hear that you had such an amazing experience with us. I am honored that you chose our hotel to celebrate your daughter's graduation. What a great accomplishment! I wish her all of the best as she starts this new chapter in her life.

We strive to ensure that each of our guests is given a warm welcome and first class service from the time they pull up to our doors and I'm proud that we did just that. The level of genuine care and hospitality displayed by our team amazes me and reviews like yours remind me of how lucky I am to work with such great individuals who truly love what they do. And as you pointed out, it shows. Without the high service standards that our team lives and works by, we would be nothing. Our team creates memorable moments and our guests don't just get good service, they get the ultimate InterContinental Miami experience. I will share your accolades and gratitude with our team and congratulate them on a job well done.

I do hope that it's not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back. I am pleased and proud to count you among our customers and welcome you to the InterContinental Miami family.