“Honeymoon Stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Honeymoon Stay”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed at the Intercontinental during our honeymoon week in Miami right before our cruise and week at the Bahamas. I wanted to love it, I really did. But it was just okay. Location was good, and you can take a lovely stroll by the water, but the room just wasn't up to far. I could hear our neighbors, and it seemed that it just needed a bit of an update.

Lobby is magnificent however as is the restaurant downstairs. We had Thanksgiving dinner there, and the meal was lovely.

We will try to return one day.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank enk_wanderlust
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear enk_wanderlust,

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, lobby and restaurant. However, I'm disappointed to hear that you did not have a great overall experience. I apologize for the noise you and I'm sorry that you felt our rooms were outdated. I wish this hadn't had a negative affect your stay.

Again, I apologize for the shortcomings you described and I hope that we can offer you a more memorable and favorable experience in the future.

Arminio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,223)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My company had a corporate function at this hotel last year, and everything was so great that we did not think twice about going back to the Intercontinental Miami. Chief Concierge Rosello was very helpful in guiding us to the right contacts for all we needed done for this 100-person event, and helping us organize everything. We had a guest speaker who we arranged a room for, and his checkin process could not have been smoother! Jenniffer from the Catering department was great from beginning to end, especially since we planned everything on very short notice. The day of the event, Victor, our banquet captain went above and beyond and was very patient and assisting with our last minute requests. We were lucky enough to have the Bayfront Room, which has an amazing view of the water! The food was nothing short of outstanding! The valet staff was probably the most eficient I have seen in a while. All in all, I would definitely recommend the Hotel Intercontinental Miami, whether for a get away, or a corporate/social event!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Kattie B,

Thank you so much for choosing the InterContinental Miami for your event. I am so pleased to hear that we were able to offer you friendly and efficient service and an amazing experience. I appreciate your accolades to a few of our colleagues who were able to make your visit memorable and I will be sure to share your wonderful remarks with them.

I truly appreciate your recommendations and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Miami Intercontinental and experienced a small mix-up upon checking in - the room I was assigned was occupied already. When I went back to the front desk to get another room, the front desk clerk - Charlene - went above and beyond to make sure this small inconvenience didn't ruin my stay. Without me asking, Charlene got manager approval to upgrade me to a suite (which was an amazing room) and gave me a voucher for a free $50 meal at their amazing restaurant. In my view, having staff that feel that empowered to help their guests is the mark of a great hotel. Charlene's actions led to me having a fantastic stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear HappyCanadian2014,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. While I am sorry to hear of the mix-up you experienced during check-in, I am so pleased that Charlene appropriately addressed the situation and ensured that you were 100% satisfied with the outcome. One of the most important factors of service recovery is empowerment and as you noted, we do give all of our staff the power to make decisions. It is important to us that our staff understand that we trust them to make the right choices in order to create memorable experiences for our guests.

Thank you again for your feedback. I will be sure to share your gratitude with Charlene and congratulate her on a job well done. I do hope that it's not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 26 June 2014

From the time I checked in they made one mistake after another. I requested a specific room which they said they gave me. Only to find out after I went to the room, that this room was exactly the opposite of what I asked. And changing room was another issue. It seems that they say one thing and do another.

Then at the restaurant there was a delay for getting a menu--yes, getting a menu took 15mns-- and it took another 30mns to get a waiter, after I asked 3 staff members to please send me a waiter. Then the manager finally came and took my order with a REAL BAD ATTITUDE (I really wonder if these people are trained on how to treat the customer). She did not write my order, and the whole thing came wrong. It was a take out order, the food was wrong and they did not give us any of the beverages. We realized we got the wrong order after we got into our room. I had to go back downstairs to return one meal --we decided not to bother with the other ones. They gave me the wrong food again, yep, again. Finally on the 3rd try they got me the right food. By then I was absolutely beyond frustration. They offered to pick up the tab. Upon checking out, they asked "how was your stay"; and I told the manager it was a disappointment. I came here to relax, and all hell broke loose at the InterContinental

With that said, they did give me a slap on the hand and picked up the food tab, but gosh, with all that I went through, that sure is not enough. I expected a free night at a future stay, but they made it clear that my trouble sure was not worth that much to them. I walked in happy and looking forward to relax and I left stressed out and disappointed. Don't go there to relax. They don't care to make it up to you. Go to the Omni; they will take better care of you if they mess up.

Room Tip: Know that asking for a specific room does not guarantee they'll give it to you. Even if they sa...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kiokoyuko
Dear Kiokoyuko,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am truly sorry that you did not have an excellent experience. The issues you raised are not reminiscent of our warm hospitality and service ethic and I wish your stay hadn't been impacted. I would like to have the opportunity to follow-up with you personally and ask that you please email me at icmiami@ihg.com at your earliest convenience.

Once again my most humble apologies for the inconvenience. I do hope that you give us another chance to change your impression of our hotel. I am confident that if you returned you would leave with a more memorable and favorable experience.

North Yorkshire
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed here for three nights before going on a cruise. We were travelling with our two children aged 9 and 7.

We arrived after a long journey from England and were given a warm welcome from John at the check in desk. Check in was very efficient and we were up in our room before we knew it. We stayed on the 29th floor with a view over the bay.

The room was fantastic, very big, beautifully furnished, with a huge luxurious bathroom and comfortable beds. The best part was being able to watch the cruise ships sail in and out.

Although the Intercontinental is clearly used a lot for business and conferences we always felt comfortable with our kids. We were made very welcome. The lobby is breathtaking with the Henry Moore sculpture and we enjoyed grabbing a drink from the in house Starbucks and sitting on the comfy sofas enjoying the atmosphere.

We enjoyed using the roof top pool and the bar, again our kids were made to feel welcome up there.

By far the best thing for us about this hotel was its location. It was a short stroll to the Bayside Marketplace where we could eat and shop and take a boat trip round the bay. We enjoyed the free bands playing there every evening and loved the Cuban restaurant. It meant we could go out every evening as a family to somewhere that felt safe and fun.

We didn't eat at the Intercontinental because it was just too pricey for a family of four but the restaurant looked amazing and is apparently one of the top places to eat in Miami.

We loved our stay here and we hope to return in 2015.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the bay.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Yorksrover
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Yorksrover,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of InterContinental Miami. I am thrilled to hear that you had such a memorable experience during your pre-cruise stay. It is such a pleasure to hear that you and your family were given a warm welcome and enjoyed our facilities, amenities and location. Although we do host a lot of business travelers, we are also a very family-friendly hotel and cater to all types of travelers.

Thank you again for your feedback. I'm so happy that you loved your stay and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back next year. Please email me at icimiami@ihg.com prior to your next visit so that I can offer my assistance with your reservation and ensure that we continue to exceed your already grand expectations of the InterContinental Miami.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is not only a hotel, it is a whole story. Amazing beautiful views and surroundings, very elegant and refined decoration,splendid spa area, delicious, really tasty food. but the true masterpiece of the story is the personnel.

in my stay at the Intercontinental i met a wonderful people who were the ones that made sure that everything was perfect. even thought it was very hard to remember everyone's name these are some of the people that made my stay an unforgettable one . when we first arrived we were greeted by Rodrigo who checked us in, wow what a guy, a true gentlemen he always had a smile on his face and made me feel very welcome. After we checked we went to our room which was amazing, and so clean i could perfectly sleep on the floor and it would be totally fine. every thing was spotless! after hanging out in our room for a bit we decided to go for happy hour at the club house where we had amazing appetizers like that Gnocchi with Alfredo sauce that i cant still get off my mind!! at the club house we met Juan and Yoni, they greeted us in a way that made us feel very special. both of them made sure that we always had drinks and that we had everything we needed. Juan suggested that we needed to try some of the appetizers, and he always found a fun way to join our conversation when he needed to get our attention without interrupting us- he was beyond great! and Yoni made sure our table was clean within seconds of being done with what we were eating! he also talked to us about his home town Jamaica. very nice gentlemen also. the next morning we went down to the pool for breakfast where we had amazing service from the bar tender Chris! my friend had the Cuban panini and i had the Gouda panini which were great recommendations from the bartender Chris.

thank you again to each and everyone of you who made my birthday weekend a MEMORABLE STAY.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Daniel L,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of our hotel. We aim to provide each of our guests with the ultimate InterContinental Miami experience. One of the service standards that we use to ensure this is, "Make it Memorable" and I couldn't be more proud to hear that we did just that for you!

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful facility, breathtaking views and amenities; but as you point out, it is really the staff who make all of the difference. I am so lucky to work with great individuals who take great pride and joy in what they do. Our hotel wouldn't be half of what it is today without the genuine care and hospitality that our staff displays. I appreciate your accolades to some of our staff who were able to make your stay brighter including Rodrigo, Juan, Yoni and Chris. I'm sure they will be thrilled to hear that their hard work and dedication doesn't go unnoticed.

Thank you again for your 5-star review. I am so very had that you had a great birthday and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Enjoyed our weekend stay here. The location is convenient and the views are fantastic, specially if you get one overlooking the park and the Arena a few blocks down. The concierge were friendly and helpful. Make sure you use the refreshing water in the lobby, it is infused with lemon and herbs, don't have to buy bottled water, and this is much better.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with a view of the arena.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear chris_explorer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post details of your stay. I am so happy to hear that you had a great experience and enjoyed our convenient location, beautiful views and the service you received from our staff. Our infused water is definitely a refreshing treat after enjoying the beautiful Miami weather and I'm happy you enjoyed it!

I look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Miami.