“Unpleasant stay, disappointing !”

InterContinental Miami
Ranked #7 of 125 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed here on the 4th of July. That might explain some issues like 90 minutes waiting for room service and average waiting of more than 5 minutes for an elevator. It does not explain dirty napkins on arrival in the bathroom, mal function on the blinds, 20 minutes waiting for check-in, and one of the poorest breakfast buffets I have seen in the US so far. The breakfast , with a mandatory 18% service charge for serving 1 coffee and 1 orange juice is a complete rip-off. If you like it loud and noisy and overpriced .... This is your place to come ! Recommendation .... There is a epic hotel right around the corner.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear PuraVidaCR1,

Thank you for the review of your stay with us in Miami. I must apologize if your stay did not meet your expectations despite our team addressing your concerns prior to your departure. As you have already spoken with our management team, I am disappointed that the issues were not resolved to your satisfaction prior to your post.

I am sorry that your stay was negatively affected and I wish you hadn't been so severely inconvenienced. Please email me at icmiami@ihg.com at your earliest convenience so that I can follow-up with you personally and ensure that we offer you a more pleasant stay in the future.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

On our recent holiday to America the last few days we spent it in Miami and the intercontinental. What an amazing hotel. The moment we arrived the welcome we received was excellent. The room we were booked into was stunning as it over looked the bay. The executive lounge was clean and we'll presented with friendly staff. The Tora Tora restaurant was lovely, the only downside was the noise, was more like a busy club than restaurant but not off putting. It was a shame we didn't stay longer but will go there if ever in Miami again. If it's a short stay or long stay , stay at the intercontinental you wont be disappointed. A big thumbs up

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Andy G,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. I am thrilled to hear that we were able to give you a great ending to your holiday. I'm pleased that you were given a warm welcome and great service from the moment you arrived.

I'd have to agree that the views of the bay are definitely one-of-a-kind and I'm thrilled that you enjoyed them as well as the other amenities that our hotel has to offer.

I am pleased and proud to count you among our customers and I hope it's not long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

This conference hotel was one of the nicest I've stayed at. Rooms were large, clean and modern. Hotel was large but felt much smaller. Even at peak break times, we didn't have any trouble with the elevators. Conference facilities were great. Only downside was that with all the marble/granite, the lobby could get extremely loud... felt like I was yelling trying to hold a conversation. The conference food was above average. There want a while lot of night life the immediate area but the elevated train was just across the street (free) and easy to navigate.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Karen P,

Thank you so much for sharing your 5-star experience with us. I am thrilled that we were able to offer you a great stay. We strive to ensure that everything from our accommodations, dining options and conference facilities are of the highest quality and I'm proud to hear that did just that. It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Although we stayed here for a conference it was pleasurable from the moment our toe hit the door! Exceptional pre-conference service from the concierge by Ilana to help us make special group reservations at a local restaurant for a fun 60s themed appreciation dinner we planned. Daniel at check in was efficient, hospitable and made for a quick and painless check in and check out experience. Be careful when you check in and discover the mini-bar...it is electronic and will charge you for anything you touch. You must experience the spa. One of the best! Cindy my esthetician was great, very relaxing. The steam room with eucalyptus aromatherapy was amazing. The food at the poolside restaurant was delicious and healthy but very slow! Also we were slightly disappointed that a hotel of this caliber didn't have a hot tub and the pool bathrooms felt like fancy outhouses but certainly doable. The food provided by the conference was delicious but they closed breakfast early. The room was nice especially the spacious bathroom with stand up shower and tub. The ocean view was gorge and the black out electric shade is brilliant. The personal keurig is a nice touch, as well. No mini-fridge only mini-bar and no microwave. There is a starbucks in the hotel lobby which is a huge plus! The restaurants and bars are a short walk along the bay but we recommend going to little Havana and trying Versailles Cuban restaurant! We can't wait to come back again next year. Bravo interconti! Thanks for a wonderful stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear jdecember,

Thank you so much for sharing your 5-star experience with us. It is such a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I'm thrilled that you had an equally enjoyable time during your conference. We strive to ensure that all of our guests are given a warm welcome and top of the line service from the moment they pull up to our front doors, and I'm pleased to hear that we did just that.

I am so happy that you enjoyed our location, spacious accommodations and amenities. I am most proud that you received great service from Ilana, Daniel and Cindy. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with each of them and congratulate them on a job well done! I do hope that you accept my sincere apologies in regards to the shortcomings that you described. However, I am happy to hear that they did not affect your overall satisfaction.

I appreciate your recommendations and I am so happy that you plan to return. It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you and your group back next year.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My stay started with a fabulous check in clerk, Ingrid. She was so pleasant and made me feel so welcome after a long flight. The hotel itself is lovely with large spacious rooms but more importantly the staff was just top notch. I also was very pleased with Hector in the Club Lounge. He couldn't do enough for me including assisting me with printing my boarding pass and ensuring I had plenty to drink. Overall, this hotel gets it right with a very reasonable pricing.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Donald L,

Thank you so much for your review of the InterContinental Miami. I am thrilled to hear that you were given a warm welcome by Ingrid and great service from our staff throughout your stay. It's a pleasure to know that you also enjoyed our beautiful facility and spacious accommodations. I will be sure to share your wonderful remarks with our team and congratulate them on a job well done.

Thank you again for your 5-star review. I do hope it's not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights post cruise, Celebrated our anniversary here and we have to say that we have never enjoyed a stay like this one. Best service and hotel we have ever experienced. Elegance at the best. Enjoyed the food for dinner and Breakfast. Thank You Charlene for making this our most memorable and wonderful anniversary ever.

Room Tip: We were on the Bay side beautiful
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bibbmon
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear bibbmon,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review of InterContinental Miami. I am thrilled that we were able to offer you a great post-cruise stay and anniversary celebration. I'm so happy that you had a great experience and received great service from our staff including Charlene. I will be sure to share your wonderful remarks and thank her for the exemplary service she continues to deliver to our guests.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

The front desk gentleman was not only extremely polite and helpful, he put us on the 24th floor with an amazing view of the ocean and port Miami. The room was generous in size with a wonderful, large bathroom with not only a bathtub but a stall shower with 2 adjustable shower heads. The bed was very comfortable with a power switch for the window shade next to the bed.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear gary b,

Thank you so much for sharing your fantastic experience with us! I'm thrilled that you were given a warm welcome and friendly service at check-in. I'm so happy that you enjoyed the spacious accommodations and beautiful views from your room.

It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest and I look forward to your return.