“Comfortable accommodations in great location”

InterContinental Miami
Ranked #7 of 127 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the InterContinental Miami. Spacious, clean, comfortable rooms with great views of Miami. The hotel staff was helpful and accommodating. My only complaints are minor. 1. Charging for wifi. In this day and age, charging $17.99 for wifi is just plain ridiculous. 2. Overpriced valet - To keep a car overnight is $39 per night. No thanks, we used UBER to get around the city. 3. Pool closed early. It's Miami for goodness sake, and the pool closed at 9pm?
Other than that, the hotel was fantastic. We are planning on returning next year.

Room Tip: The higher the floor level the longer the elevator ride, but also the better view you will get.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear JonWolf,

Thank you so much for your review of InterContinental Miami. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations, beautiful views and the top of the line service that you received from our staff. I do apologize for the shortcomings you described however I am so happy to hear that despite your concerns you plan to return.

Please note that we do offer complimentary internet access for our IHG Rewards Club members and enrollment in the program is free! I am sorry to hear about your disappointment with valet parking. Since we are unable to offer self-parking, our guests do have the option of parking at any of the nearby garages or metered spots if they feel the charge is too expensive. I will share your comments regarding the pool with our team.

Thank you again for your feedback. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back. Please email me at icmiami@ihg.com prior to your next visit so that I can offer my assistance and ensure that your next stay is flawless.

Arminio

Write a ReviewReviews (6,482)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I try to review based on a total package offered by an establishment. This hotel has a great location and is a beautiful hotel, not even my experience can take away from that. That being said when I arrived I was checked in quickly and paid for an upgrade to a club level room. The room ended up being on the 19th floor. The room was everything it was claimed to be, a very nice room. We always arrive a night before our cruise vacations to settle in and rest up before we board our ships. We have very hectic schedules and work up to the minute we leave for vacation. With that being said we are simple to please, we enjoy an early dinner and usually have a quiet night. This was simply impossible due to a party that was on a very large boat directly below our room. The music began at about 10pm and went on and off until well after 3 am. The music could literally be felt shaking our window 19 floors up. I called down to the desk and was told to speak to a manager in the morning. We has arranged for a shuttle to the port in the am and were pressed for time. While speaking with a manager he offered us 2 coupons for Starbucks in the hotel lobby. Which we would not be able to redeem. Our shuttle was waiting and we had to leave. After returning from our vacation, before writing my reviews. I again contacted the hotel and gave them a recap of my experience. I spoke with Monique at the hotel who was very professional and kind on the phone. She offered us reward points for our stay, which in turn never posted to our account. All in all, a poor customer service experience with no results. If I stayed at a lower star rating hotel I would of expected this result and follow through. There are a lot of positive feedback from this hotel. I do hope you do no run into the problems I had, they simple put a damper on the start of a much needed vacation.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wannago30

Dear wannago30,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept my deepest apology for the experience you had due to the noise from the dinner cruise next door. I apologize for the inconvenience and I'm sorry that it negatively affected your stay. I also apologize that the service you received from our staff fell below your expectations. Please email me at icmiami@ihg.com with your confirmation number and reservation details so that I can personally follow-up on this situation and ensure that you receive your IHG Reward Club points.

Thank you again for your feedback. I do hope that you give us another chance to change your impression. I am confident that if you returned you would have a more memorable and pleasurable experience.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My mother and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights before our cruise. We absolutely LOVED it. The staff was wonderful, the hotel (inside and out) is really nice and the location was perfect. We had a bay view room. Loved it. There's a really nice park right outside the front door and a great shopping and eating complex at the end of the park. I have cruised many times from many different ports and this was the first time that we were both a bit sad to leave the hotel to go on the ship. We can't wait to come back and won't stay anywhere else in Miami.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lori B

Dear Lori B,

Thank you so much for your review of InterContinental Miami. I'm so happy that we were able to offer you a great pre-cruise stay and I am thrilled that you loved the experience you had at our hotel. It's such a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our location, beautiful facilities and the service you received from our staff! I appreciate your gratitude and will congratulate our team on a job well done.

I do hope it's not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I chose this hotel as a base for a couple of days winding down at the end of our holiday. The hotel was fabulous, for a $10 upgrade we got a sea view with a panoramic window which was spectacular.
The bar was great with a happy hour deal during the World Cup matches. But the highlight was ToroToro Restaurant, the staff were exceptional and very attentive. They made our anniversary dinner feel very special.
The only minor negative is that the hotel is directly under the flight path with planes crossing over frequently, this didn't disturb our stay but we did notice it more lying by the pool.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Lois D,

Thank you for taking the time to share details of your recent stay! I am so happy to hear that we were able to offer you and your husband and great ending to what I assume was a memorable holiday and anniversary celebration. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the beautiful views of the bay and the dining experiences you had at Toro Toro.

I do apologize for the shortcomings you described but I am happy that they did not affect your overall satisfaction. It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I went on a visit for july 4th & had the best experience. The view was excellent and vip service was also great. Very clean and great service was given. I would most certainly go back again.Great for any vacation! Will for sure go back again.

-Carmen Fernandes.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Keesha D,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. I am so happy to hear that we were able to offer you a memorable experience and a great start to your holiday celebrations. I'm pleased that you enjoyed the wonderful views and the service you received from our staff.

I'm thrilled that you plan to return and hope that it's not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back! Please be sure to email me at icmiami@ihg.com prior to your next trip so that I can offer my assistance and ensure that we continue to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

(The title refers to a lyric in a song called "Trophies")

This hotel is amazing.

I stayed here for the Fourth of July weekend, my girlfriend's birthday and the Katy Perry concert at AAA. I chose the location because of it's proximity to the arena, which is perfect, and was also perfect the 4th of July fireworks show at Bayside.

The front desk agent, Pier, really set the tone. He was very engaging and personal, made a note of the birthday from my reservation, got us in a nice high floor corner view, gave us a coupon for Toro Toro, and had room service send up a cake and bottle of champagne to the room. Wow.

The rooms are also very nice, complete with a huge bathroom, walk in shower and bathtub. The hotel is not new by any means, but the money they invested into renovations clearly shows. The hotel windows are awesome and provide a great view in any direction.

The restaurant, Toro Toro, is worthy of a whole other review. I went there on Wednesday (7/3) and for the life of me couldn't figure out why it wasn't that busy. But the food was excellent, as was our server (I forgot his name). Can't really go wrong with any of the tapas selections or the meat. The best and most memorable part came for dessert in what was a "bomb" of chocolate, ice cream, and all kinds of wonderful deliciousness that was dropped and shattered on the table to eat. Hard to explain, just make sure to order it when you go.

Then, mySpa, located on the 5th floor, was a wonderful experience. My girlfriend and I enjoyed a couples "Raindrop" massage. It was my first time ever getting a massaged, so the whole experience was a bit overwhelming as it was amazing. Suzana & Alexander delivered a wonderful 80 minute experience that I would surely recommend to anybody.

Another nice little touch (coming from somebody who actually works in a similar 4 star hotel), was when I called to ask for a bellman the operator used my name twice, asked how my stay was, and to make sure I remembered to check the safe, closet and grab my phone chargers. This just shows the level of service the entire staff is committed to.

Now, for a couple of things to improve on:

The bellman didn't show up, or maybe he did, but we waited about 20 minutes until we decided to just take our own stuff down. I'm sure this was probably because of the second thing...

There is an elevator bank with 6 elevators, but only half of them seemed to be working, so during peak times it took several minutes to finally get on one.

Lastly, the valet staff didn't seem to be on par with the rest of the staff. They were always quick to retrieve my car, but nobody ever made an effort to open my lady's door whether it was upon pickup or drop off. None of the staff was particularly memorable or very friendly. Again, the service was good, but for the price and the rest of the hotel, it could have been better.

Summary: I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer better views (duh). Try to opt for the bay view if you can, if not try the city...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Shawnathan88

Dear Shawnathan88,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review of InterContinental Miami. It is such a pleasure to hear that you and your girlfriend had such a great experience during your recent stay. Drake is definitely missing out on the InterContinental Miami experience! He should "come thru" so we can show him a good time! Nothing will be the same once he experiences the VIP treatment that our staff gives to our guests.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful facilities and amenities as well as the service you received from our staff including Pierre, Suzana & Alexander. I will be sure to share your wonderful remarks and congratulate them all on a job well done.

I do apologize for the shortcomings that you described and I appreciate your recommendations on improvements that could be made. Please note that the wait you experienced for the elevators is a result of a 18-month modernization project that we began in mid-April. Upon it's completion, our elevators will feature one-of-a-kind technology that will ensure that our guests get to their destinations quickly and efficiently. I can't wait for you to return so that you can see what we've done!

I am happy to hear that despite the minor issues, you would definitely stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This place is amazing. Make sure to ask for a view of the Ocean. This property is located between Brickell (downtown) and South Beach. It is one of the nicest properties around.

This place is fantastic for families. It is located next door to the American airlines arena and the shops and restaurants of bayshore.

This place is a must stay. Make sure to take advantage of their spa and beautiful Pool.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms. Try to use UBER to get from Airport to hotel, the Valet can get expensive
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear MiamiEsq13,

Thank you so much for your review of InterContinental Miami. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, harbor view rooms and service you received from our staff.

It is such an honor for you to refer to our hotel as one of the nicest properties you've visited and I'm proud you and your family enjoyed your time with us.

I appreciate your recommendations and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.