InterContinental Miami
US$632
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Miami Downtown(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$245
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$259
US$155
US$140
US$123
GardenInn.com
Crowne Plaza Miami Airport(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$364
US$188
US$143
  • Bar/Lounge
Regency Hotel Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$134
Travelocity
6,683 results
All reviewstoro torothe club loungebayfront parkbayside marketplacesouth beachbeautiful hotelbay viewbiscayne bayvalet parkingpre cruisecruise terminaldowntown areaper daylobbystarbucksconciergeihg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Great location in the downtown area ,its right next to the bay. Walking distance to many shopping areas and restaurants. The hotel has plenty of amenities to enjoy, the pool is relaxing and has a cool little café/bar to enjoy for lunch and have cocktails with great views of they bay. The staff is very friendly from the cleaning service to the restaurant staff. Toro Toro is a great restaurant to visit for dinner. The spa offers a great number of services just walking in there with the dim lighting and the soothing scents is automatic relaxation. Kudos to the management of this property they operate a great hotel. Almost forget to mention, I love the dancer that illuminates at night on the side of the building. Hope to visit again soon.

Room Tip: Ask for Bay view room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear JulieB320,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am so happy to hear that you had a 5-star experience and enjoyed our location, amenities and the service you received from our staff. Guest feedback is important to us and I'm so happy that we were able to offer you a memorable stay. I appreciate the recommendations that you've shared with our future guests! Thank you for the accolades but please know that without the genuine hospitality and care from our staff, our hotel wouldn't be half of what it is today. I am truly lucky to work with a great group of individuals who take great pride in their work and love what they do.

I'm so happy that you enjoyed our "Dancer in the Sky". Miami is evolving into a global Arts, Culture, Culinary & Entertainment destination. We want to be innovative and push the envelope too using technology & design. The hotel is at the center of this excitement and with our recent renovation, the InterContinental Miami now captures the pulse of the New Miami - high style, international, sophisticated, artistic, edgy, urban and fresh. The Digital Canvas with LED lights on the tower enhances the entrance with new technology, adding lighting, similar to what you see in Times Square in New York.

Thank you again for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back. Please email me at icmiami@ihg.com prior to your next visit so that I can offer my assistance and ensure that we continue to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is my third year staying at the hotel for the annual conference. Clearly they do not have enough staff to handle the amount of guests. Same ole problems. The Valet staff are either talking with each other or running around like chickens with their heads cut off. You can stay there all day without being noticed. You have to hunt someone down and it seems no one can be bothered. Too much confusion and clearly not enough staff to assist guests. Always a problem with Valet. Can't find the car, no one knows who moved it. Very stressful environment. Its not how can I serve you but, what can I do the least to serve you. Lots of confusion, never look forward to the valet.
Front desk check in was fine, he straightened out the valet issue.
The room, dirty carpet, worn. Blanket yellow stained. (Not even going to guess what that was) Called down, took 45 minutes for someone to come to the room to change the blanket and arrived not knowing why he was there. Then another 10 minutes to get a new blanket. Guillermo the Bellman very nice. Wifi code did not work and front desk did not know why. I was then given another code and it worked.
The fact that you have to pay to use the gym is ridiculous.
Management is friendly to help fix problems and give out their cards and comps.
Pool area is fine but the sofa pillows are dirty and garbage is overflowing. Clearly its a ritzy hotel but not enough staff to keep the property up.
I go there for a conference otherwise I would go there.
I wish I remembered the front desk gentlemen that checked me in. Nice guy, fixed all the issues, young kid. Very nice. I checked in on May 29, 2014 at about 10:30pm.

Room Tip: For great view, higher floors. To get an elevator in a reasonable amount of time, lower floors. Now it is a fitness conference so having loud music did not bother me. But for families, don't go during the WSSC Conference.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank P E
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear P E,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you received great service from the gentleman who checked you in and our management staff. However, I am disappointed that the rest of the service you received fell below your expectations.

I do hope that you accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you describe. While these events are inexcusable, please know that they do not reflect the level of service that we strive to provide to our guests and I am sorry that you were so severely inconvenienced.

You state your hesitation to return but I hope that you will give us another chance to change your impression of our hotel. I am confident that if you returned you would leave with a more memorable and pleasurable experience. Please email me at icmiami@ihg.com prior to your next stay so that I can be sure we exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed at the Intercontinental hotel in Miami on June 7, 2014 for my daughter's 15 birthday. The hotel was amazing. My daughter had 3 other friends who stayed with us. We were able to get early check in and they spent all day long in the pool. At night they walked around the hotel and took tons of pictures. The people at the front desk and at the concierge desk were amazing. So nice to deal with. The next day we had breakfast on the 29th floor which was also really good. Very classy and had a variety of different things so everybody enjoyed it to the max. In the afternoon we did late check out and so we were able to enjoyed the pool a lot more. The restaurant by the pool was also really nice and the service was outstanding. I could have not asked for a better place than here to enjoy my daughter's 15 birthday weekend. Thanks to the concierge desk for helping me plan and for making it so easy for me.

Room Tip: higher floors are the best ones. We stayed in the 29th floor amazing view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Soledad G,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of the InterContinental Miami. Happy Belated Birthday to your daughter! I am so happy to hear that we were able to make her 15th birthday a memorable one! I am thrilled that you all enjoyed your time by the pool and the service you received from our staff. I truly appreciate your accolades to our front desk and concierge staff for the top-of-the-line service they provided during your stay. They will be so happy to hear that their genuine hospitality and care doesn't go unnoticed.

I do hope it's not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back! We look forward to having you again soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for a one night stay before leaving for a Caribbean cruise the next day. It's close proximity to the port( a 5 min drive) made it a great choice for us.

We had a beautiful room with a view of the harbor where we enjoyed watching all the activity. Right next to the hotel is a lovely park and boardwalk. There's a mall across the street as well that seemed popular.

Inside the hotel there is a restaurant, bar and a Starbucks. The night we were there they had the World Cup on in the bar with a big crowd around. In the morning, we grabbed a quick coffee from Starbucks.

There are only two things we found annoying about this hotel. First, they charge guests for WiFi. Most hotels provide free wifi to guests these days. The other thing was they have limited and expensive self parking so your only option is to use the valet parking which is also expensive. Between tipping and the parking fee it cost $50 for our car to spend the night at the hotel.

Other than these two things, We had a very pleasant stay. The staff were extremely friendly and the grounds around the hotel were beautiful.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Lori G
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Lori G,

Thank you so much for your review of InterContinental Miami. I am so happy to hear that we were able to offer you a great pre-cruise stay. It's always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoyed everything from our premiere location to the accommodations and most importantly, the level of service they received from our staff.

I do apologize for the shortcomings you described. As you mentioned, we do have a fee for both standard and premium internet access. However, please note that we do offer complimentary access to our IHG Rewards Club members and enrollment is free! We do try to keep our valet parking charges competitive with others in the area. Since we are unable to offer self-parking at our hotel, our guests do have the option to park at one of the nearby parking garages or metered lots if they feel the charge is too expensive.

I am thrilled to hear that despite these challenges, you did have an overall enjoyable stay. I do hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the InterContinental Miami. Spacious, clean, comfortable rooms with great views of Miami. The hotel staff was helpful and accommodating. My only complaints are minor. 1. Charging for wifi. In this day and age, charging $17.99 for wifi is just plain ridiculous. 2. Overpriced valet - To keep a car overnight is $39 per night. No thanks, we used UBER to get around the city. 3. Pool closed early. It's Miami for goodness sake, and the pool closed at 9pm?
Other than that, the hotel was fantastic. We are planning on returning next year.

Room Tip: The higher the floor level the longer the elevator ride, but also the better view you will get.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear JonWolf,

Thank you so much for your review of InterContinental Miami. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations, beautiful views and the top of the line service that you received from our staff. I do apologize for the shortcomings you described however I am so happy to hear that despite your concerns you plan to return.

Please note that we do offer complimentary internet access for our IHG Rewards Club members and enrollment in the program is free! I am sorry to hear about your disappointment with valet parking. Since we are unable to offer self-parking, our guests do have the option of parking at any of the nearby garages or metered spots if they feel the charge is too expensive. I will share your comments regarding the pool with our team.

Thank you again for your feedback. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back. Please email me at icmiami@ihg.com prior to your next visit so that I can offer my assistance and ensure that your next stay is flawless.