“perfect stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Sao Paulo, SP
“perfect stay”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

when we got here they give it to us a view room with early check in and late check out... The recepcionist #Leonor was extremely friendly helpfull and with an exepcional good mood i would dwfi etly rwcommend tgia hotel to every client i have. .... sice i have an travel agency

• Stayed August 2014
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Dann A,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and received great service from Leonor. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team and congratulate them on a job well done.

I appreciate your recommendations and look forward to your next visit.

Arminio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,297)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I arrived late and from the bellman to the front desk to the 24 hour room service, everything was excellent. My room was super clean and modern (recently upgraded) with outlets everwhere, huge desk, and wonderful Club snacks and happy hour. Everyone was SUPER nice and bartenders were UBER friendly! Can't wait to come back soon!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Fun_Traveler45,

Thank you so much for your review of InterContinental Miami. I'm thrilled that we were able to give you a warm welcome and a flawless experience during your recent stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed everything from the superior service you received from our staff to your in-room dining experience and our well-appointed accommodations.

I'm happy that you're already looking forward to your next trip and I can't wait until you return.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Unfortunately I had only booked one night at this hotel post-cruise. Next time in Miami I'll stay three nights - at least.
The location is great and the hotel exterior is very impressive - especially at night.
The hotel was designed by the famous architect Pietro Belluschi and constructed of marble stones imported from Italy. Even though the buliding is more than thirty years old, it looks great on the outside and on the inside.
In the lobby there is a gigantic and very impressive sculpture by Sir Henry Moore.
My room was very nice with an impressive view of downtown Miami. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was supernice.
There were lots of TV-channels available. Wi-fi was fast and free - always appreciated.
Unfortunately I've procrastinated too long, so I have forgotten details about the excellent hotel staff and many other positive issues.In summary: This hotel is highly recommended!

Room Tip: I'm sure that all rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Aaaage,

Thank you for your fantastic review of InterContinental Miami. I am so happy to hear that you had a great pre-cruise stay and a memorable experience. I am sad that you didn't have more time with us but that just means you'll have to plan an extended stay with us in the near future! I'm happy that you enjoyed our convenient location, beautiful facility and accommodations.

The Hotel greets 500,000 people each year, guests and locals, all passing through the Grand Lobby and perhaps one of the most significant sculptures in the country, The Spindle, by Henry Moore. Exposing people to the Arts is not a new initiative for the InterContinental® Miami; it is the basis by which its very foundation was built. The vision was present thirty years ago when slabs were being cut, numbered and shipped from Italy to the mouth of the Miami River. As the Hotel was built and assembled by number, the 70-ton marble Spindle sculpture was commissioned for the Hotel, after which a Grand Lobby was built around it. The Spindle now acts as a beautiful centerpiece for our newly renovated lobby.

Thank you again for the fantastic review. It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest and I do hope it's not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Connecticut
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My husband and I spent a night at the Intercontinental Hotel in Miami before a cruise. It was a great pick. I was afraid that since the hotel was not on the beach, I wouldn't enjoy my time in downtown Miami. I was glad to be wrong. Across the street from the hotel is a beautiful park with gorgeous views of the Bay. Going through the park, you next come to a marketplace, with shops, restaurants, and tour kiosks. We took a boat ride around "millionaire's row" from the marketplace. So, we spent a really great day downtown Miami, walking everywhere. As for the hotel itself, you can tell it usually caters to business people because it was spacious, nicely decorated, and had a professional vibe. L-shaped desk, couch, table, huge bathroom with wardrobe closet, comfortable bed, remote-controlled blinds,etc., made for an exceptional stay. The concierge was helpful in directing us to a pharmacy. Short ride the next morning to the port. I would stay here again if in Miami.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank carryone
Dear carryone,

Thank you for taking the time to share details of your stay with us. I am thrilled that we exceeded your expectations and offered you and your husband a wonderful pre-cruise stay. I'm happy that you were able to set time aside to explore some of the great amenities that downtown Miami and the InterContiental Miami has to offer!

As one of TripAdvisor's Contributors, I truly value your feedback and appreciate your recommendations. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed here the night before our cruise and after a long transatlantic flight. Check in staff were unbelievable, looking after our every need. We thought our stay was going to be a necessary stop off before our cruise but really was one of the highlights of our holiday. Thank you Intercontinental Miami!

Room Tip: Bay view room was amazing
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Karen W,

Thank you for sharing your experience with others. I'm thrilled that we were able to offer you a memorable start to your holiday and I hope that you had an equally enjoyable time on your cruise. I'm pleased to hear that you were given a great check-in experience and warm welcome!

I do hope it's not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back during your next trip to Miami.

Longmeadow, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 August 2014

stay was for business with some time for vacation. hotel is a short walk from the business center of Miami and about 40 meters from the metromover, the elevated transit facility that connects to many key points of interest. the hotel is clean, quiet, comfortable. rooms are of comfortable size, have all necessary amenities. bed very comfortable. bathroom with separate shower and tub, room was spotless when we arrived. ate in the main lobby restaurant, a delicious meal with good value. staff was very helpful and absolutely friendly. concierge in lobby very helpful, too. there are enough electrical outlets and good wifi.

hotel was accessed by taxi from airport, but there are public transit options that are easy. hotel is on biscayne blvd, so there are numerous bus routes just outside the entrance. from the nearby government center station, one can access shopping malls and some wonderful attractions, such as Vizcaya. sports attractions and the waterfront are also easily accessed. Miami Beach is an easy cab ride, and bus routes can be accessed not too far away. this is a center city hotel, so there is no beach adjacent to the hotel, but there is a pool on the upper level and a nice park across the street.

one nice feature of the hotel is the central lobby marble statue by Henry Moore, apparently the largest in private hands from that artist.

the Perez museum is a gem not far away, as is the Miami history museum in the public library complex.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Arminio R, Director of Operations at InterContinental Miami, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear jeffrey k,

Thank you so much for your fantastic remarks! I'm thrilled to hear that you had a great experience. I am so happy that you enjoyed our premier location, well-appointed accommodations and dining experiences. I am most happy to hear that you received great service from our staff!

I truly appreciate your recommendations and suggestions for our future guests. It's a pleasure to hear that you were able to explore some of the great amenities that Miami and Downtown Miami has to offer!

The InterContinental Miami and Miami Center complex are considered the largest marble structures in Florida. The antique Florentine marble covers the entire exterior and interior of the property. The slabs were cut and numbered in Italy, shipped to the mouth of the Miami River and reassembled by number so the veining matched throughout. Other materials used throughout the interior of the InterContinental Miami include Brazilian green marble, Portuguese rosate marble and South African black granite. Precious woods are also used throughout the interiors,including the rare babinga from Africa and from the Orient burned cedar and black teak. I'm so happy that you enjoyed our beautiful facility.

I do hope that you'll visit us again soon. This time for less business and a lot more fun!

fletcher, ohio
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We booked this as a one-night stay after a cruise. As a middle-class family with a teenager and a 10 year old, I expected that we would be treated as "lower-class" in a hotel known for business clients in a city that works off of luxury. Boy, was I wrong. We were treated like royalty, even allowing us early access to our room at around noon and access to Club InterContinental.

The room was beautiful and clean with magnificent views and in a great location, the amenities were fabulous, and even more important, the staff was kind and accommodating. We intend on staying here the next time we come to Miami!

Room Tip: Keep in mind that the hotel is on the flight routes for planes leaving Miami. Not a big deal, as ma...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank valnaas
Dear valnaas,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of InterContinental Miami. It brings me great joy to hear that we were able to offer you and your family a great 5-star experience during your recent vacation! We strive to ensure that each and every guest that walks through our doors is given a warm welcome and VIP treatment; and I'm thrilled that we did just that!

I'm so happy that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable accommodations, breathtaking views and the service you received from our staff. It is truly a pleasure to hear that you left with a memorable experience.

I truly appreciate your feedback and I'm beyond delighted to hear that you plan to return. I would love to offer my personal assistance in the future and ask that you please email icmiami@ihg.com prior to your next trip so that I can ensure we continue to exceed your already grand expectations of the InterContinental Miami.