Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
Ranked #15 of 127 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The hotel is very nice, has great rooms and amazing views, is close to the MIA airport and other great locations. Staff is friendly and service was great. The hotel has almost 600 rooms, so you can undestand the traffic that goes in and out. However, there was no sound bleed between my room and my neighboors. Rooms were clean and well designed, the view was spectacular and the hotel is attached to a small shopping area that has a deli, small shops and other restaurants. South Beach and other great sites are not that far away. I would stay again.

If you are looking for a quiet getaway, then this hotel is not for you.

Room Tip: get the bay view room
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,227)

Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed at the hotel for a week when attending an exhibition with work. I requested a silent room with port view. My room #1803 sure had a nice view but with a connecting door it was not exactly a quiet room. My neighbouring room had a party all night long and in the morning I woke up listening to my neighbour burbing!! Not very pleasant. In addition the balconydoor didn't close completely so could hear the wind through the night. The bathroom was tiny, the sink was placed next to the bed, the bed was good though. The hotel lobby and restaurant area was fresh and modern, the room and hallway was not. Terrible Internet connection! I switched room during my stay, ended in 4th floor next to the guest laundry....for an expensive rate for this hotel I was not very happy with the value. Location was not good for going to the exhibition at Miami Beach convention center.

Room Tip: No connecting door!
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We chose the Marriot for our stay while enjoing the SE Tennis Open because of it's location and pricing with the tournament. Very close to the airport and easy access from the interstate.

All the staff we came in contact with were excellent! Very helpful and kind. We were there for a few days so came to know Pedro well with constantly checking our car in and out. He was wonderful! Ruth has great suggestions for tours and restaurants.

I give the renovations a thumbs up. Lobby is inviting with many little hide away areas to sit and relax. Very urban, chic feel happening.

Pool area not so great. I would have been very disappointed if part of our agenda was to have a great poolside experience.

Our room was 2303. Great corner room with bay view. Almost entire wall of windows and a small balcony. Decor very relaxing. Room not real big, but not too small either. Shower and toilet had seperate area. Small sink area but very well lit. My only negative was the popcorn ceiling! Always dates a hotel with a renovation.

Positives: Close (approx 20 mins) acess to South Beach, Coconut Grove, Coral Gables

Negatives: No free wi-fi for the room. Around $30 a night for valet parking so that you can have in and out service.

Overall great experience for the price but would not spend more than $200 a night based on features/offerings of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a bayview and on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle_MMS
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This is a large hotel part of the Marriott chain and is really an average Marriott. I was here for a business meeting and I enjoyed my stay. It is on Biscayne Bay next to a small harbour but there is nothing much to do within walking distance. The three negatives I would mention are:
a) The reception desk on checking in was dysfunctional. I checked in at around 8:00pm and since not all the desks were manned it took a surprisingly long time to deal with each customer. There were several lines that were not respected by all customers (or staff).
b) There is no minibar in the room, so I went to the hotel shop to get a bottle of water. Unfortunately there are no sales persons in the shop, so you have to pay at the already busy check in desk. As you can imagine this makes the check in process worse and slower. Many guests think that since they are only paying for a bottle of water they can push in at the front of the line. Incredibly paying for a bottle of water even when you reach the front is also very slow!!
c) There is excellent free WIFI on the ground floor but in the rooms there is no WIFI and the internet is only available by wired access for which you pay. I cannot understand why these days business hotels do not have wireless WIFI throughout the hotel. Many other hotels have it so why not this one?

1  Thank md1mm
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Nice downtown location with good access to shops and dining options outside the hotel. Our room was spacious and the view remarkable. Bathrooms are small and in need of updating.
Wonderful location for Bayfront Park attractions

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I had been to Miami several times for a conference at a mediocre hotel near to this Marriott. This year, the conference was held here, and thank goodness. It's very nicely decorated in the public areas and rooms. Great eastern view of Biscayne Bay and a yacht harbor from my room. Free Wi-Fi in the lobby with room to spread out and work, if necessary.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My wife and I are here in Miami enjoying the Sony Ericsson. We usually stay in Coconut Grove when we come but since this trip was dedicated to the SEO we bought a package and chose this hotel.
The staff is first rate! Helpful, attentive and security conscious. We had lunch at Catch and had a wonderful server named Lacy - fantastic introduction to this hotel. The rooms are nice, ours had been recently updated - but small.
Being connected to the Doubletree and The Grand, there is a nice little shopping area separating the hotels that offers some fine shops, services and many restaurant choices.
My only real gripe about this Marriott property is that there is no wifi throughout the hotel - being known as a hotel that caters to business, I find this unacceptable. I wouldn't mind a daily charge, but I hate being tethered when I'm in the room!!!

Room Tip: If Internet access is important to you, choose another hotel. There's a $12.95 daily charge for...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple