“Only slightly disappointing, for Marriott”

Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
Ranked #14 of 128 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 June 2012

The location is pretty great...right down the street from Bayside and AAA stadium. The lobby was beautiful, and the rooms are decent. I have two major gripes: 1) Besides the fact that the rooms were really tiny, the bathroom was not clean. The toilet was literally dirty upon arrival, as was the tub. Plus, there was a stain on the comforter. 2) The service in the restaraunt was terrible! The breakfast food was great, but it took forever to get silverwear, coffee, the check, and to pay the bill!! This is usually not Marriott's style. Being a loyal customer, I was surprised and disappointed. The views are almost worth it....but not quite!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,327)

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Wonderful property. My family spent one night at this hotel before a cruise. Very friendly staff. Breakfast was wonderful. I haven't experienced great customer service like this in a very long time.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I stayed here in mid-June for a business trip, This is a Marriott corporate property and a jewel. I arrived mid-day and learned from the reservation person (a recent college grad who had just started in the management program) that my room was ready. Unfortunately, this room was 1. next to the elevator and 2. had a non-working room key. I returned to registration and got a new room. In addition, our reservations were made by one of our team and the hotel (mis)understood how the billing would be handled, and how Marriott Guest Rewards were to be handled. This confusion continued throughout our stay, as one of our team arrived late and was told by the staffer on duty that "his" room was occupied already. The team member who organized our trip sent out dry-cleaning one morning, and was promised it back by 5 PM that day. It never got sent out--the hotel had to do so the day we checked out, and swallow the cost.
High-speed internet is costly in the rooms--$12.95 per day--bur free in the lobby.

On the plus side, we had a great deal with very reasonable room rates, bay views (with nice, small balconies), and restaurant credit. The rooms were beautiful and set up for work. The public areas are very nice. We had dinner and two breakfasts at the hotel. The menu is limited, but the food was good. The Illy cafe, Esspressamente, had a coffee happy hour Monday through Friday and serves sublime hot and cold drinks with friendly service. The Catch Bar has happy hour daily, and friendly bartenders.

This hotel is worth a return visit--but be ware the front desk confusion. Despite their promises at checkout, I still have not received any acknowledgement of the charges that apply to my Guest Rewards.

Room Tip: Get an room on an upper floor and pay extra for the bay view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I loved this hotel, the service was outstanding, they were very helpful at everytime. We will return to this hotel in September!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank velvetrose36
Reviewed 19 June 2012

The hotel went thru a major redo since the last time I was here. The lobby looks nicer and the restaurants look more upscale.
However the quality of service has decreased since my last visit. To start off, the lady from Panama at the check in looked like she was in a hurry and there was no line behind us. She never looked at us or acknowledge us as repeat guests... it looks more like a transaction in a bank.
The bellman on the other hand, was super friendly and warm.
We left our car in Valet Parking. We called 5 minutes ahead and when we came down and the car was at the lobby however there was no valet parking attendant to give us the car keys. We waited for around 15 minutes until we decided to take a taxi as we were running late. Not sure if they were short staff or overwheelmed with the amount of work.
The location is great and the views of the bay are amazing!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ichaves25
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I requested a room on a high floor, and got a room on the 30th floor with amazing views. Hotel itself is fine, I was there only for a quick night for business so didn't get to use facilities however they do have a nice bar and restaurant with Oceanside dining.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I was booked into here by a company that I had an interview with the following day, great big room with a huge bed, as I had just arrived in Miami on a transatlantic flight I went straight to bed & slept through the night. Rather a small balcony & the bath was the same so I had a shower. reception staff were extremely helpful, especially Gina in the morning as she allowed me to print off 2 copies of my CV which took some time & patience on her part, Nelson in the breakfast area was also extremely friendly & professional, I ate my breakfast outside so I could enjoy the sunshine.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business