“My Favorite Marriott... Thanks to the Beds!”

Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
Ranked #19 of 122 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Woodstock, Georgia
“My Favorite Marriott... Thanks to the Beds!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Have stayed here several times, and have to say that while the views of the Bay are spectacular, the suites a treat, and service with a smile.... it's something about the beds here which make this property over the top! I wish other full-service Marriotts (and even some Renaissance properties) would take a lesson! Not sure what it is, but I feel like I sink into a dream the moment I touch the bed.

The mattress in 801 is my ultimate favorite, but every one I've experienced is waaay above the Marriott standard. As a Platinum Premier Elite, I stay a lot of nights a year in various properties. And I compare every bed to the beds in this particular property.

The suites need a make-over (the layout in 1801 is far superior in my mind to 801), there are some tired areas and décor... but none of that takes away a point in my rating due to the ecstasy from these beds.

(P.S. If someone from this property responds... care to sell me one of your queen bed toppers? Or just give me the one from 801 and I'll make it fit my bed ;) )

Room Tip: Ask for an "01" numbered suite (801, 1801, etc) or a "corner" room - the views a...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BurBunny
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear BurBunny,

It makes us so happy to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for providing your feedback on our comfortable beds and that you feel like you "sink into a dream" as you fall asleep! Our beds are available on-line. We are happy to know as a Platinum Premier Elite customer with Marriott that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. We hope to welcome you back again one day soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (693)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here because the price is almost half less than most of the hotels in South beach. It is only a 10-15 minutes drive to the beach so we had no problem driving back and forth everyday in our 3 day stay there. And it is close to downtown with plenty of restaurants and shops to choose from. Aside from their great amenities, this is probably the Marriott's with the best customer service. Everyone was very friendly and always available to help you. The rooms are decent size, not too big but has an amazing view of the bay. Overall we are very happy with our stay!

Stayed April 2014
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear ESJB1718,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with other members and for pointing out the quality and convenience that hotel offers as compared to others in the area. We definitely do our best to show guests a high ratio of quality for value and we are thrilled that you experienced this during your visit. We appreciate you recognizing our "wonderful staff" and glad their detail to customer device and helpfulness made a difference to you. We hope when in the area, you will stay with us again.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have stayed at this property twice in 3 years and this will be our go to spot in Miami. They recently underwent a massive remodel making it more modern and updated. The new spacious layout is very inviting as is the customer service. We had no problem with checking in or checking out.

Rating:
Hotel Appeal: Great
Customer Service: Excellent (especially the complimentary flavored water)
Room Size: Great
Room Condition: Excellent
Proximity to st ores: Very close to shopping
Amenities: Great (the restaurants in the shopping plaza are yummy!
Price: Spot on for what you get

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Danielle F,

It makes us so happy to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us and that we will continue to be your 'go to spot." Thank you for providing your feedback on our renovations and also our staff. Making guests feel welcome, cared for, and happy is a goal we strive for each day and we are so glad it made a difference in your stay. We will look forward to welcoming you back next year.
Moline, Illinois
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We could not have asked for better service from Marriott staff. The staff were efficient in all of our conference needs and went above and beyond to ensure our event was successful. Conference space was comfortable and amenities were excellent.
Hotel rooms were clean and furnished nicely. Views were beautiful-which made for a relaxing end of day!
Again-staff provided a personal touch and were friendly. A special thank you to Bill Hamlin for his special attention to our event.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear JayneOBrien,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and conference here with us. Bill and the rest of the associates at the hotel work tirelessly to ensure a successful event and to see that every detail is taken care of in an efficient and friendly manner. We will be sure to pass on your kind words to him and his staff. We are also glad to know that you were happy with your accommodations and the view from your room. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Paris, France
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This Marriott is expensive for what it is : the hotel is old and the swimming pool is very small.
Above all, you won't be able to sleep after 7am because of a leaf blower cleaning the parking every morning and making so much noise !
I would recommend another hotel, The Hilton (next door) or an hotel in Miami Beach

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank John P
Dear John P,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and offer your feedback on your stay with us. Noise is definitely not a routine complaint that we hear at the hotel and we are sorry that your overall experience was not up to our usual high standards. It is never our intention to disappoint our guest in any way and we are incredibly sorry that you were not able to sleep later than 7a.m. due to leaf blowing. Should you, or any other guest at our hotel, find themselves having an issue with noise, we hope that you will contact our front desk to see if you can be moved to another room (if one is available) as we recognize that some guests sleep more soundly than others and acceptable noise levels can vary.
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed there while in Miami for my birthday. I'd give the hotel a 3.5 but I didn't feel the place was worth a "4" so I opted for the "3". I've stayed in 4's and 5's and this hotel just missed being in that category.

Specifically requested a view of the bay and I was NOT disappointed. We were up on the 23rd floor with a view of the marina below, the cruise terminal to the right and Miami Bay to the left. Mother Nature obliged by making it a gorgeous day with a little cloud (for contrast with the blue sky) and calm waters which heightened the impression of the boat waves.

Check in took a bit of time. To compensate, we were offered a couple small bottles of water and free wifi access. Neither offer wowed me but at least the hotel made the gesture. The room was not bad although the room safe is hidden (I never did find it but I understand the room had one and to be truthful, when it wasn't immediately apparent, I didn't bother to look any further). It was a little weird that there were no towel racks in the bathroom the explanation given was that the hotel had a modern European design. I guess I was the only person from the United States staying there. . . . Personally, I like towel racks.

I didn't really have the time to check out the rest of the hotel. I'd stay there again but I haven't seen anything to make me rave about it. Maybe during another visit. . .

Room Tip: Get Bayside in the upper corner of the building
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear FlaGolfer55,

Thank you for choosing our Marriott hotel to celebrate your birthday. We are glad we were able to provide a great view of the bay and that our staff was attentive and helpful in their responses to your needs. We hope the next time you are in the Miami area, you will stay with us again.
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Have been there for weekend and as a MR Platinum got the corner room with balcony and view on the Miami downtown (btw is better than the marina view rooms). Executive lounge was having a view on the marina and good selection of food. If staying next time in Miami will go for this place again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear Martin K,

Thank you for being a Marriott Rewards Platinum member. Traveling can be stressful and we are happy that our rooms, the view and our Executive Lounge helped to make your stay more comfortable.
We appreciate you choosing Marriott and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.