Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
Ranked #49 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I spent 4 weeks in this hotel, whilst working in Miami. The service was great, very friendly staff and a very clean hotel. My room was bright and clean with a great view of the bay every morning.

Food in the Deli downstairs was pricy but there is really no where else to go for a light snack or breakfast. I practically had all my main meals from the Italian restaurant and had it brought to my room or up on the roof by the pool.

The residents also use the same entrance and exit as the main hotel and a lot of the residents from the adjoining apartments have dogs!! I've never seen so many dogs!

If your looking for a beach hotel this is not it. Buts its no more then 20 minutes in a taxi to south beach or 35 on a bus. The bus rides where highly entertaining. Coming from London we are pretty used to the unexpected on the bus. But if you'd rather not risk the bus then I suggest getting a taxi.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony facing the bay other wise it's the wall or boring road for you!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Hi SingingGypsy, thank you for staying with us and for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that your work event was successful as well. Our building is very entertaining but I'm happy to hear that you had a good stay with us, thanks again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,082)

Reviewed 17 May 2012

I booked 20 rooms for my wedding party 9 months before my wedding. They were nothing but difficult. They tried to change the rate of my rooms, they refused to let me book all of the rooms so I had to have my family book some of them, they wouldn't let my friends put their rooms on their credit cards, and to top it all off when I tried to cancel the rooms because of their incompetence they told me that they would charge me for every room even though it was still 4 months out!! The manager decided to allow my guests to reserve the rooms under their names so I kept the reservations. When my fiance and I arrived at the hotel we were not helped by anyone with our bags and the front desk staff was very rude to us when we used one of the luggage carts ourselves. After all of this I found out that my in-laws had cancelled their reservations during their check-in because the staff was so rude. On top of ALL of that we found out that the pool was closed and we would have to go next door to use a pool. For the price of this hotel the service should have been MUCH better. When I got home from my honeymoon I discovered that my credit card had been used to purchase a room at the hotel and purchase something at the hotel next door. I travel a lot and this was the worst experience I have EVER had. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Ask them to put you near the elevator otherwise you will have to hike to your room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Amy C
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Hello Amy C, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I oversee the hotel sales department and I did not hear anything about the issues you had with your wedding block. Would you please email me at MIABS_DS@hilton.com so that I can take a look into what occured with your wedding room block.

Reviewed 16 May 2012

fair enough to other south beach hotels. If you want to go to south beach, you either take taxi for 10 mins or take bus 5 mins from hotel. Room size and services are beyond expectation. It is clean and offers reasonable price.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jurassica p
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Hi jurassica p, thanks for staying at our hotel and for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We’re glad you had a good stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2012

We had a nice stay for a friend's wedding, hotel service was good, stay was enjoyable, pool & gym facilities were decent. I tend to travel with hotels that participate in Southwest Airlines rewards program, except for that fact I would stay here again. We stayed right next door at Marriott as well for a night and I'd say slightly better service here at the doubletree.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Hi Hawks1384, thank you for staying with us and hope you had a great time at your friends wedding. Thank you for your comment regarding the service you received, our staff works very hard and its nice to hear when a guest truly enjoys themselves. We hope you'll stay with us again.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

We stayed one night prior to a cruise out of port of Miami. I was traveling with my Mom in a wheelchair. The hotel staff went above and beyond. Nothing was too much trouble for these folks. The room was clean, staff friendly. I liked the laundry on the same floor. Great view. Beds very comfortable. The best room service breakfast I have had in years!! The valet/bell boys were so helpful in getting us into the hotel!! SERVICE was A++++. We ate at a resturant in the hotel, front of the building that was italian...amazing food and service! Not cheap... hey if you want to pay super 8 prices then stay there. If you are willing to work hard and put out the money you will not be dissappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the water....
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Hello Christine C, Your comments about your stay at our hotel made me happy. We know it’s the little things that make your stay more comfortable and very happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself while in Miami. Thank you and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

I had a very pleasant stay there. I found my room very clean and comfortable. Very quite at night and with a perfect air conditioning system. The TV was huge, even though many channels were not visible. The only thing I disliked was the fact that I had to pay to have internet in my room. This should not be common in grand hotels where you pay over 150$/night. Apart from that, nothing to complain about my room.
The hotel has a big and nice swimming pool (but unfortunately I didn't have time to go to).
Nice location and very easy to move with the bus from the Omni bus station which is 5 minutes walking. American Airlines Arena is at 10 minutes walking.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Hi david f, Thanks for staying with us at our hotel. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to enjoy our new, 47 inch flat screen TVs we recently put in the rooms. We hope to you have back with us soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

This hotel is very nice, but our favorite part was the pool! It's on the 10th floor (outdoors), is olympic-sized, and is nice and warm! There's also a really big hot tub. This is probably one of the best hotel pools we've experienced.

The hotel had several restaurants nearby, plus a little bit of shopping. The room service food was excellent (we ordered dinner).

One thing I wasn't crazy about was there's a $29 fee for valet parking and you can't park your own car (I asked) - so you kind of get stuck paying it. However, it wasn't that big of a deal.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Hello cwaxwing, Thanks for staying at our hotel. We’re glad you had a chance to experience our Olympic sized swimming pool and thank you for your comments regarding room service. We look forward to welcoming you back.