“Great location for a Miami Cultural Recon” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay

Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
Ranked #47 of 121 Hotels in Miami
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Great location for a Miami Cultural Recon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We visited Miami to take in the exhibits at the Perez Museum, Bass Museum and Rubell Collection, visit the Wynwood walls and galleries and take a tour South Beach and Lincoln Rd. This hotel has the BEST location to do a cultural recon of Miami. South Beach is way too busy and congested to do this kind of trip. We highly recommend this hotel and we will book a room there again. Use your breakfast voucher at Café 8 1/2 the owner operators are friendly and helpful.The hotel concierge and staff was great as well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Miramer, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

this hotel seems like it would be better than most but we encountered several problems during our short get away that never got resolved. don't get me wrong the staff was very friendly but at the end of the day just seemed like they couldn't or wouldn't make things right before we checked out

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Matthew L
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Matthew L, thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and apologize for the issues that you had.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

On arrival we were given the so called 'grand suite' I had booked. However this turned out to be one room with one double bed and a scruffy looking settee, not a suite at all and certainly not appropriate for a family with a teenager. When I complained they could not answer where my son was going to sleep! Eventually they offered a camp bed at an extra 15 dollars a night. I asked if we could upgrade but no rooms available apparently. We went back to the room to search on line for somewhere else but 10 minutes later we were offered a 2 bedroom condo on the 18th floor which we grabbed immediately. That room was rather dated but very spacious and a big improvement on the 'suite'. We were told 'no parties and no pets', however, on the 2nd night we were awake until 3.30 am by a party right above our room, the noise was so loud it could have been taking place on our balcony! After that one night the room was fairly quiet and I slept well. Wouldn't go back though.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed at the Doubletree in Biscayne Bay on business and I had a great stay. The rooms are clean and fresh and spacious. The staff was very friendly and it is a very comfortable place to stay. Compared to staying at other hotels in Miami Beach for business, I really like this hotel because it is in a quite area but still very close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

miami, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

spent a night here before a cruise. concierge was great offering directions. upgraded us to a room with a fantastic view and since it was ready let us in early only problem was while on the cruise we discovered that we left my husband;s suit in the room. when we returned we tried to retrieve it but because the housekeeping manager was not in no one could help us. we were instructed to call her the next day. We called her and left a mesage 3 days in a row with no verbal response but on 3rd day the clothes showed up in the mail. I feel like no one would ever have contacted us if we didnt stop back there while waiting for our flights home. and certainly no one could provide any information without the supervisor.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I chose this hotel because I was leaving on a cruise the next day, it was close to the port and I got an very reasonable rate booking online. While I was only there 1 night I didn't make use of a lot of the amenities, but I did spend some time at the pool that was very pleasant. The room was clean, quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The staff were very friendly, welcoming and informative and the fresh baked cookie is a nice touch! For anyone going on a cruise, the hotel has a shuttle service that saved me having to take a taxi. If I every go back to Miami I would definitely stay at the Doubletree again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank dawnag2014
Westport, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Had two issues with this hotel I've never had anywhere else.

I reserved three rooms. Two were for my family, one for a family we were meeting. I prepaid for the rooms. When the other family arrived before we did, I worried that they would have to wait for us in the lobby. Instead, hotel staff checked them in -- into two of the rooms. It was pretty awkward, the idea of telling them that they had to vacate one of the rooms, so we crammed ourselves into the remaining room. Never had a hotel check someone else into a room reserved in my name and paid for with my credit card.

That night, there was loud music audible after 10:30. I called and was told Security would be up to help determine the source. Half an hour later, I called back, got someone new just on shift, who said she would DEFINITELY send up Security. Fifteen minutes later, I called a third time, to be told the same thing. I eventually just gave up and waited for the party to end before going to bed. I wasn't especially well rested to start my vacation.

Manager the next morning said she would look into it and get back to me. That was 10 days ago.

This isn't even to get into the somewhat more routine issues, like the food and garbage in the hallway in the morning that was there the night before, or how our room in the back of the hotel was up some stairs, meaning we had to lug some heavy bags up them.

Room Tip: Try another hotel