“Great Choice-Nothing but good surprises!”

Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
Ranked #50 of 125 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My sister and I stayed one night prior to a cruise,& we loved the hotel..it is difficult to find ANYTHING that was not above average Try it-you'll like it!! The Shops were no less than fabulous. We enjoyed shopping and found a few things we couldn't leave without. It's a lovely hotel-great choice for us!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The location seemed a little off-track from the Main Street so we ate at the hotel. Since the restaurants appear to be in a public mall area, they were a little hard to find, especially pushing a wheel chair. A clear map to restaurants would have been helpful. The hotel rooms were very nice. The kind of room to "settle in." The hotel held our luggage for a partial day while we went to explore Miami. They were very accommodating. As hotel club members and a weekend stay, we were given a complimentary room upgrade. We were surprised and honored.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Hotel was nice but to get free parking during our cruise was really great They bring you to the cruise ship but they don't pick you up like other hotels in the area restaurants were average but not part of the hotel so you couldn't charge food, etc to your room

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed here for one night prior to leaivng for our cruise and we couldn't have picked a better hotel. We had a huge room with a view of the marina. The suite was big enough to fit all of us and it had a balcony for sitting and watching the boats. Room was modern, upgraded TV etc. The restaurant choices are kind of pricey or not really tastey so, I suggest going out walking to grab a bite and see what's in the neighborhood. The hotel is in a very nice area as you will see. A park is nearby is you have children or want to walk a dog or go for a run. There is a free shuttle that comes around for site seeing etc. There's also a Publix right around the corner.

Room Tip: View always
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

The staff was great and always pleasant. The front desk clerk would offer me a warm chocolate chip cookie every evening when I walked by after work. In the mornings the hallway would be lined with housekeeping staff and each one would greet me as I walked by. Had a corner room so it was extra spacious. Over all the room was clean but I felt like some minor details were missed like dust in corners, on the walls, on the curtains. The bed was comfortable. There is a mini shopping area adjacent to the hotel. You can find resturants ( from deli to sit down in style), hair salon, clothing, etc... You are able to catch the free trolley across the street from the hotel. Is near the Bayside market place and the American arena. My taxi ride there was only $3.50. The only down side is I was on the 9th floor and there was only one elevator for guest to use. I felt like I had to walk the green mile from my room to the elevator. I saw several service elevators but only 1 guest elevator. If you are one that doesn't like a room by the elevator, this hotel has plenty of rooms for you!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Thank R. S
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I had my wedding here. On my wedding day, my to be husband and I wanted room service, so we could come back to a clean room. However, when we came back I noticed my $250.00 Michael Khors watch was stolen from my bedside table. I told the staff and they won't do anything about it. I even have proof that it was on my bedside table when I left via a photo, and they won't do anything! They keep telling me to call back. They won't return my emails or take care of this theft.

Additionally, I recommended this hotel to my guests. However, out of 25 guest rooms 10 guests had to change rooms due to air conditioning systems that were not operational.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicole G
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share this issue with us, as the security and safety of our guests is our number one priority. We will be in contact with you shortly to follow up and gather more details.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My stay here as very good, lit was like a home away from home. I will highly recommend here for others to stay.The facilities were very clean, pleasant staff. Convenient location. Amazing view.... Very family oriented. Close to shopping malls, overall a great experience.