“Handy for the Airport”

Ranked #40 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 8 February 2014

If you're staying overnight in Miami before flying elsewhere from Miami International then the Regency is not a bad option. The bar facilities were friendly and not too expensive and the accommodation was ideal although in comparison to other similar hotels a bit expensive.

The breakfast wasn't included which it is in most comparable hotels in Florida. The business Centre was equipped with three computers and a linked printer but unfortunately none of them were connected to the input. The Hotel staff were very helpful in printing out boarding passes etc. so it wasn't to much of a problem but it you advertise a facility you need to ensure it works.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
JoseMiguul, Rooms Division Manager at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor. It is the most direct way of getting a real feedback of our performance.

I’m very happy to hear your overall qualification and that your experience went well, but I’m very disappointed with your experience at the business center and I will like to apologize for it, I’ll make sure we have it fix it.

Feel free to contact me at 305.441-1600 or via email at josemiguel@regencyhotelmiami.com, for any extra feedback.

Regency Hotel Miami

Write a ReviewReviews (1,917)

Reviewed 7 February 2014

My husband I and stayed two (2) nights back in October 2013.

The room we had on the 3rd floor, was a nice size with a very comfortable bed. We had a very nice size balcony which overlooked the pool, parking lot and airport. Being near the airport was great for returning the rental car. We could see planes taking off from the airport. You would have thought that the noise from the planes would be awful, but didn't bother us at all, even at night.

The seafood restaurant next door was very good. When we were there, Tuesdays was 2 for 1 lobster night, so it could get very crowded.

Staff was pleasant and efficient.

If I ever need a place for a few nights in Miami again, would definitely consider the Regency.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

We are delighted to hear about your wonderful experience at the Regency,
We really work very hard on our customer service, to make sure we provide exactly that kind of experience.

We took the sleep quality seriously and we did have installed brand new storm and noise proof sliding windows on every room to prevent noise.

We can wait to have you back,

Reviewed 7 February 2014

We decided to stay at the Regency on the last night of our honeymoon because of its proximity to the airport. We arrived to the Regency after driving from Key West to Miami. When we got to the front desk, we were greeted by a manager. We were informed that the hotel had been overbooked so our reservation had been transferred to the property next door. Because of the inconvenience, we were given a $25.00 Visa Gift Card and we were assured that if we needed anything, we could call this manager back. That was perfectly fine. I understand these things do happen so my husband and I proceeded next door to the new hotel. I got us checked in and brought our luggage up to the room while my husband went to return our rental car. Our Regency reservation for a king size bed... the room we were given in the hotel we were transferred to had two DOUBLE beds. At first, I didn't consider it a big deal, however the more I thought about it, I became a little upset as we had paid for a room with a king bed. I called over to the manager at the Regency and informed him of the issue. He stated he would contact the hotel to see if there was anything available. Well, of course, there was nothing else available. Ok fine, whatever. What happened next is what solidified the fact that I will never stay here again. The manager told me that we could gather up our luggage and come back over to the Regency and he would make sure we got a room with a king bed... WHY WEREN'T WE GIVEN THE ROOM WE RESERVED IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?! We had prepaid for the room IN FULL two months prior to our vacation. I'm not sure if this manager is new or what. Throughout all of our conversations, he sounded very unsure of himself and not confident of what he was saying. He stated that we could come back over and they would need to send someone else over to the other property. Well, I'm sorry, I am not going to make someone else go through all of that and we had quite a bit of luggage that I really didn't feel like lugging back over. I will admit that while he was trying to apologize, I hung up on him. I was so fed up with talking to him that we just dealt with it. We never did see a room at the Regency so I really can't speak to the quality of the rooms. Please be very careful when booking here. Our reservation was supposed to be "guaranteed" but obviously was not... We absolutely would never make a reservation for this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

I would like to personally apologize for you recent experience with our hotel not being able to accommodate you. It is critical for an independent boutique hotel like the Regency to get candid feedback regardless of how painful it maybe to hear or, in this case, read. I am just sorry that we ruined the last day of your honeymoon. Please know we take your comments very seriously. I am embarrassed by your experience and I will personally address it with the manager on duty to whom you spoke and with my superior. However, I want you to understand any poor experience is a direct reflection of my performance and I take full responsibility. While you may not have felt it during your stay but we are committed to excellent guest’s service but clearly our efforts fell short.

I am certain that if you can find it in your heart to give us another chance we can show you that we are indeed committed to providing a superior guest experience. What I would like to offer as a token gesture of our appreciation for the time you spent moving between hotels and as an apology for your overall experience is to rebate you one night room and tax and offer a complimentary 2 night stay in a king bedded room with a bottle of champagne in an effort to show that we are truly regretful. Please feel free to contact me directly at 305.441-1600 or via email at josemiguel@regencyhotelmiami.com.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, know that I believe it was an isolated experience and I look forward to the opportunity to speak to you in person.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

My stay at the Regency Hotel Miami on Thursday 1/30/2014 for one night prior to my birthday vacation cruise was great starting with the timely arrival of the shuttle service from MIA. The front desk staff members were polite and pleasant, and my room was clean and spacious with a nice balcony. The pool area is nice and serene although it was a bit cool and raining in Miami when I arrived. I walked over to nearby Catch of the Day Restaurant and enjoyed a nice meal there. Finally, breakfast Friday morning in the hotel restaurant was delicious, and the shuttle driver was very personable and made sure I arrived at the Pot of Miami early. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my over-night stay at the Regency Hotel Miami, and I will stay there again when I return to explore Miami, FL.

2  Thank HUNTER4TRAVEL

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us.

We are glad to hear about your good experience at the Regency, we have worked very hard into a nice pre-cruise full service that covers all needs for those guess looking forward to get a wonderful vacation.

Is very grateful to received such a nice comments and it motivate us to get better.

Thanks a lot!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

The first great thing these people did was call my cellphone because it was getting late and we hadn't arrived....we were flying from snowy Chicago and were about an hour behind. They sent the van over to pick us up right away.
They provide transportation to the cruise ships for $10 per person.
Good breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank catstheword
JoseMiguul, Rooms Division Manager at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

We are glad to hear about your good experience at the Regency, we are committed to an excellent guest’s service and our staff is a reflection of our vision.

We will be glad to manage your future reservation with us directly, please feel free to contact me at 305.441-1600 or via email at josemiguel@regencyhotelmiami.com.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here overnight before we left on a cruise in January. The check in process was smooth. We decided to have dinner in the hotel restaurant and we were extremely glad we did. My wife said that her chicken was probably the best she had ever eaten. I had pesto linguine with shrimp and crab and it was fantastic. We didn't really expect much from this hotel but we were very pleasantly surprised. The shuttle service to the Port of Miami was also excellent, very well organized. We will definitely stay here again next year.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike H

We are delighted to hear about your wonderful experience at the Regency,
We really work very hard on provided the ultimate vacation experience.

We are happy that you enjoy your meals at Prieto’s restaurant and our shutter services, these positive reviews bring a smile to our team, thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments.

We can’t wait to have you back,

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I live in Miami, but quite far from the airport, so I stayed here overnight prior to an early morning flight. The Hotel has an elegant yet welcoming decor, it reminded me a bit of those old world establishments, I really liked it, made me feel more like my stay was a mini vacation. The Bell man and Front Desk agent were both very nice and efficient; I was lucky there wasn't a line waiting to check in, probably because I was there in the early evening. My room was clean and modern, and I had no problems with noise, incredible that this hotel is practically next to the airport, so a very big plus there. Next day, I had their Buffet breakfast, which is really yummy, so definitely splurge. Finally, I used their free shuttle to the airport, very convenient and they have trips all the time. Will consider this property again for sure!

We are delighted to hear about your wonderful experience at the Regency,
We really work very hard on provided the best accommodations and services.

We can’t wait to have you back,