“Friendly staff and Central location”

Regency Hotel Miami
Ranked #38 of 122 Hotels in Miami
“Friendly staff and Central location”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Our stay was wonderful, My family and I would like to thank Jorge at the front for all is help excellent customer service, wonderful employee. We would also like to thank Carlos and the other bell guys for keeping our packages that we ordered and the shuttle service is an added benefit. We will becoming back to stay here whenever we visit Miami, thanks a million! The facility was above average, nice restaurants.

Room Tip: Close to the airport, good view of the and very central location.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Omaha
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed at the regency after a missed flight with my wife. Wasn't in a very pleasant mood but at arrival I was greeted by Melisa very nice young lady who helped me with flight info and even though it was late she was efficient thank God because I was exhausted! Room was clean. Went to the restaurant and the staff were very accommodating as well. Ordered the salmon and my wife the garden salad which were great to my surprise. Would recommend for anyone staying overnight if you don't mind being near the airport.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Marcnjanne
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The assistants front were very helpful,especially Mr.Jorge Oliva and Jose Carlos Prieto.The Hotel is clean,the room has good space.The parking lot is free.The breakfast is simple but for me was enough.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Valdenir B
Cape coral
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

This is the third time that I've stayed at this hotel, I'm impressed with all of the changes that they have done. The lobby looks great, something that caught my eye was that the same employees were there since that last time I was there and it was good because they make me feel like I'm at home, while getting tanned by the pool I was glad that the bartender brought me a glass of water. They have great service.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank JAnnette P
Willemstad, Curacao
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed only one night. The hotel is a little bit dark(light exposure can be improved). Bathroom is a little bit small to my taste. I got a good night sleep though

The location of the hotel is great close to the airport and the highway.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Skip this. Run the other way to anywhere but here. Even if you're just passing through Miami there are better, cheaper, and more convenient choices. Let's get started with the nightmare:

Got into the hotel late because of weather. Outside, looks a little rough, but nothing to worry about. I stepped into the lobby, wow. Very impressive. The clerk wasn't particularly friendly, but it was late. Exhausted, I headed to their restaurant. All day on the plane, I only had some peanuts and crackers. Before heading to my room, I sat down and ordered. It was about 10 PM, I was the only one there. The dining room was beautiful. The food, was overpriced for mediocre cuisine. The menu was pretty limited. I was too tired to go elsewhere, this review isn't about the restaurant. But so far, everything seemed like a nice hotel.

Then the mess started. The elevators are terrible. They are slow. They are old. They take forever. Finally got to my room, how disappointing. They are old. They seem dirty, and the housekeeping wasn't very thorough.

I paid an extra $25 for a deluxe leisure room. Save your money. For twenty five bucks, you got a coffee maker and a city view. My view? I saw the noisy airport... don't let them fool you. This is far from downtown Miami and you do not have a view of anything on either side of this hotel.

The AC was off, and the room was miserable. Leaving the AC on full blast for 24 hours never cooled down the room. The AC has serious issues. And the front desk seems to think that's just how they all are.

The shower is pathetic. You pull the knob to turn on the shower and half the water still goes down the bath faucet. No pressure. The bathroom is quite small.

And why are there no power outlets in the room! Sheesh. You have outlets behind the bed, all full. You have outlets behind the TV, all full. The only available plug is on the desk built into the lamp. Hardly sufficient for anyone with more than say.... a phone.

I was severely disappointing in the room, the quality, and the staff. I don't like writing 1 star reviews. When I write reviews on Amazon, I usually do 4 and 5 stars. I usually don't bother even reviewing stuff at a 3 level. Only when something is very deserving do I go with a warning to others. Save your money. Steer clear!

Room Tip: Don't pay for the deluxe room unless you need a coffee maker. You have a view of the airport...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Denpasar, Indonesia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Wi-fi good. Excellent Service at the Prieto´s Restaurant today Breakfast. Thank you to the waiter on breakfast today,i can´t mention one by one -He/she displayed awesome customer service. Thanks to server Orestes @ The Lounge, he had a great personality and sense of humor.

Room Tip: Front side room to see more better view from balcony.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo