“Nice”

Hilton Miami Airport
Ranked #46 of 122 Hotels in Miami
“Nice”
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel whilst I was attending an IATA course. Friendly people and the breakfast selections was amazing. I will stay there again...dont rent a car or that will be attached to your bill as well which I find parking convenient but very high priced.
Hotel is not walking distance to restaurants or other convenient hot spots...but in any case it is a good place to stay.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Canada
Reviewed 6 December 2013

If you are looking for a nice hotel close to the airport, I doubt it will get much nicer than this. the restaurant has great food, little pricey, but not awful. Bar is open until at least 12 and has bar food if you're getting in late. The rooms are great, very nice feel, nice bathrooms and one of the most comfortable beds I have had on the road. Room price could drop a bit, but it's not unreasonable especially for the comfort level. cab ride was $14 from the airport

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Vancouver
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

This is one of the better hotels in the area, and with the proximity to the airport and our regional office, it's my go-to hotel. On my last visit, for some unknown reason, I was upgraded to an expansive, almost cavernous (but elegant) suite. It made for a great stay, as I spent a fair bit of time in the room preparing for my meetings the next day.

I like the renovations they have done to the lobby, and it has a current, modern feel now. I find the menu choices at the restaurant a little limited, but really, you should be going out for some local Cuban cuisine nearby. Breakfast buffet is a little steep, so I go for the quick stop at the lounge bar for a coffee and oatmeal. One day, they had run out, but the server ran over to the restaurant and fetched a normal bowl of oatmeal. A minute later, what I can only assume was a manager, dropped off some tasty additions (brown sugar, raisins, cranberries), indicating that "I thought you might like to add some flavour - I brought you my favourites".

Overall, staff is very accommodating, and it's a pleasure staying here.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Princeton
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Nicely decorated. Not overly gracious staff.
Nice room. Free shuttle. wi-fi. Comfortable rooms --but no
double queens. The very clear sound of planes taking off late into the night,
is a reason for pause when deciding whether to stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Chapmanville, West Virginia
Reviewed 3 December 2013

It took a while for us to be picked up from airport. We stayed one night at this hotel as we went on cruise the following day. They had a nice package for breakfast as well as transportation to port.
Check in was a breeze. Room was very spacious. View from the window beautiful.
The hotel was built in lagoon. That was very unusual for me. The van from airport had to drive around lagoon to enter hotel. After restful night and nice warm breakfast we went on to look at the property. The lagoon is beautiful. Very pleasant to spend some time. Can view the planes taking off as the hotel is close to air port. It rained while we were walking around. After the visit we checked out and the bus took us to port to catch the cruise ship.
Me and my wife enjoyed nice hotel stay before cruise. We will definitely stay here again and highly recommend if you fly to Miami and take a cruise.

Room Tip: The room in 7th floor is very nice. I assume all the rooms have nice views,as the hotel is built in...
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

After a 4 hour flight we waited 45 minutes for the free shuttle. Checked in and it took three rooms: first was a non-smoking which had such a smoke smell that I walked in and out. Second room was an "accessible room" not coded as such in the system and so far from the elevator that anyone in a wheelchair couldn't make it. I called and front desk apologized for two room mistakes and said would send up a new third room key with someone. No one showed. When I went to desk, no one knew anything. Finally got the keys to third room. All this for Gold Member like me. Ugh!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Mary Ann B
Hilton M, Exec Admin Asst. at Hilton Miami Airport, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear "Mary Ann B,"
We understand that our guests just want to relax and unwind when they check-in from a long travel day and we apologize for the inconvenience regarding your room assignment. It's not typical to find such service missteps from our great team and we assure you that this has been addressed. We value your business and loyalty as a rewards member and hope we can invite you back to our true hospitality.
Best Regards.
Kansas
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed here overnight twice in a 10-day period, before and after a Cariibbean vacation. Our first visit wasn't great: despite the written request on our confirmation and telling the desk clerk too, we were not given a room with a roll in shower. I got that corrected right away, but only after going back to the lobby. Then at dinner, the service was inattentive and our Caesar salads were absolutely awful. If we'd been blindfolded, we would not have known what we were eating. Plus they were very expensive for what was a plate of lettuce without even croutons or shredded cheese.

So we dreaded our return visit, but everything was very nice this time! We had the same room, (737) which was attractive, well-appointed and had a good specialized bathroom. Our dinner the second visit was delicious -- this time it was roast chicken and vegetables.

We had in-room breakfasts both days and they were delicious. Eggs & sausages were served with sides of a grilled tomato and asparagus. We felt they were a good value.

Bell service and bus service to/from the airport were also very professional.