“Wonderful staff”

Ranked #46 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Whitehorse, Canada
“Wonderful staff”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I had a layover August 12, and was very happy to have chosen this hotel. The evening and morning shuttle bus drivers were both friendly and efficient. The charming young lady who brought me my delicious meal in the restaurant did her job well. Check in and out were fast and easy. I was most impressed with the young man in a suit who heard me tell the checkout clerk that I had a problem with the coffee machine, and who then rushed to the coffee bar to bring me a fresh-brewed coffee. And then he went upstairs to get the cane which I'd forgotten. Thank you! As for construction, hotels need to renovate to stay clean and up-to-date hotel. Not a big deal. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Way N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a quick trip from the airport and if you just need a good place to stay it's a winner, particularly at the price. Free airport shuttle.

The lobby is pretty tired but they are in the process of renovating - look like they're doing some nice things but be aware that it's an active work area.

Rooms seem to have been recently updated and are nice - modern and clean.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed here only one night from August 12-13 but I thought it was a good hotel. I had an overnight layover in miami but instead of trying to rough it in the airport I booked this room for those 13 hours and it was good.

First, they have a shuttle that picks you up from the airport. The shuttle runs every 15 minutes its really great for as I said a layover because you dont have to worry about a taxi or going far so that was good. Dont forget to waive the driver down.

The front desk was quick and polite. I had a hard time with the key at first, maybe it takes a minute to be activated or something?? Seemed to work find after that. There was a menu for a pizza place under the door, I sure was hungry but went down to the cafe because I thought it was a dry cleaning ad. The room was clean and good. Lots of light, I really enjoyed the clock radio WITH RADIO. I have traveled quite a bit this year and it seems this is no longer standard in hotels, no more radios.

I also enjoyed tv, it was hard to find channels but i did find the music stations and listened to nice jazz on SONIC jazz station. I was on the 11th floor, it was quiet and spacious. Coffee bean coffee in the coffee maker. Overall I had a great stay. Again I dont know/cant vouch for more but for an overnight layover I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Miami
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Everything else is average, I don't recommend it. Only stayed because the airline paid. It's under construction, noise all over. Ask for a different hotel if you can. I waited 15 minutes for a hot chocolate that never came during breakfast. I ordered room service under a limited night menu and after 25 minutes they called back to say they ran out of the chicken sandwich. Old hotel

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hilton M, Exec Admin Asst. at Hilton Miami Airport, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Cris,
Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize for the poor impression we have made. We will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.
Best Regards and Safe Travels.
Fairmont, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Hotel is the best choice when overnighting at the Miami Airport. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The pool, fitness center, bar. and restaurant are top notch. There is a shuttle that runs every 15 mins. to/from the departure level of the airport to the hotel. No need to call or wait very long. Will be back again when my trip warrants it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Brasilia, DF
Reviewed 17 August 2014

During my stay at the Hilton Miami Ariport I have experienced a few problems, mainly related to cleanliness of room and bathroom and misunderstanding of staff.

We were staying in a group of 7 adults, 3 different rooms. Since all of us had the same complaints regarding the cleanliness of room/bathroom me and my sister decided to discuss the matter with the hotel staff.

After we complained to a 'Front Desk' person she apologized and offered a breakfast as a compensation the next day (our last day). My sister was leaving early and we explained this (also mentioned that the others - 2 rooms - would stay) and the hotel lady gave my sister complimentary parking.

When the two rooms were checking out we were charged for the 'complimentary breakfast'. We complained and no sympathy was shown.

Another issue is that although I accepted that the hotel would charge me for mail deliveries boxes and so on, I would never believe that the would charge me for a few (4) deliveries as small as an envelope (A5 size)!

Will not recommend to friends.

I believe that I was seriously overcharged by what the hotel offered and treatment given.

Room Tip: Do not choose hotel, but if you want to choose the rooms facing the lake.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rmabeci
Hilton M, Exec Admin Asst. at Hilton Miami Airport, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear "Rmabeci,"
Thank you for reaching out to us via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we apologize for the mismanagement of the situation, and for the frustration you must be facing. We are dedicated to ensuring quality stays for all of our guests and welcome you to contact our offices directly, (305) 262-1000 if we may be of any additional assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay further.
Best Regards and Safe Travels.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Average airport Hilton. Located just across the highway from the airport and is about a 10 minute shuttle ride. This is a very large Hilton and the front area is under construction which creates 100 yard walk from the temporary main entrance to the front desk and the parking lot is half torn up.
Rooms weren't very clean with lots of dust, spots on walls, and spider webs. Disappointing.
Smaller pool and not very attractive pool area. Gym is small but decent machines. Only ate breakfast but I regret it because the food was not very good although the coffee was better than you would expect from a hotel. I saw the front desk staff get overwhelmed several times during my 4 night stay because they only have 2 people (sometime 3 if you're lucky) working the front desk and it is inadequate for the volume of people that are coming and going at this hotel. I waited 22 minutes in line with only 4 people in front of me just to ask for a new room key that wasn't working. Not acceptable for a main line Hilton Hotel.
Overall okay airport hotel, bad food, currently under construction, not the cleanest. Also not really within reasonable walking distance to anything in the hot Miami summer heat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony. Those rooms are much bigger and has a nice view of the airport and do...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business