DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
Ranked #63 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel. Rooms are large. Several restaurants on property including an au bon pain. It is connected to the Miami Merchandise Mart, which has lots of little boutiques and there's a gift shop as well. Had a lunch buffet at Impressions and it was tasty. For $14, there was a salad bar, grilled chicken, ribs, pasta, soup and grilled veggies. Pool area looked nice and tropical as well. Only negative was slow counter service- 1 person working at arrival and departure. Shuttle service was every half hour. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jason H

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is a standard airport hotel with half-hourly shuttle service. There's little of interest in the area (office buildings, warehouses, etc. typical for an airport location) and if it's a quick in-and-out like I needed, you'll be fine. Check-in/out were both a little on the slow side (only one person on duty). The room was done in brown and tan. Oddly, the lay-out was such that a good portion of the wall opposite the (very comfortable) bed was just that -- a wall. There were two nicely framed black-and-white photos for art work (tropical vegetation and a yacht in a stormy sea). As is often the case, lighting voltage is woefully inadequate for real work or reading. Does the lodging industry expect everyone to work or read in the bathroom - the only place with decent lighting? Is this some trend I've missed? There was no light convenient to the easy chair and oddly, there was a floor lamp shoved in the opposite corner illuminating NOTHING but the chest of drawers. There was an easily accessible socket for my C-PAP machine and the staff very kindly brought me a mini-fridge to chill my insulin for which there was no charge. My flight schedule was such that I couldn't sample any of the in-house dining options which I'd like to do on a future visit should Hotwire ever assign me here again. But I didn't get the usual chocolate chip cookie when I checked in which would have been a nice touch (as it usually is at Doubletrees). My one disappointment was that the Showtime programming guide by the TV was for June, 2014 and I stayed there on July 28. Also, the alarm clock showed the incorrect time and I found it impossible to re-set it. Moreover, the alarm went off at midnight. NOTE TO MAIDS: please check alarm clock settings in rooms! I've learned to always travel with my own battery-powered alarm clock any more. Needless to say, Miami was hot a humid and I was grateful for the efficient air conditioning throughout.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jim H
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I traveled often to Miami for business and my company arranged for me to stay in this hotel. I worked late so I rested in the morning. Its very nice and clean. The staff was nice. However, in the mornings, the noise in the hallway was out of control. Their cleaning staff would leave the rooms door slam while they would come in and out of their rooms to clean them and they would yell across the hallway to each other like if they were in a park. I asked my company to arrange for me to stay at another hotel.

If you are traveling on business I do not recommend this place as its hard to rest under these conditions.

Room Tip: nice view of the airport on the top floors with a window.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Adolfo M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2015

We appreciate the compliments and feedback regarding your stay. We strive to ensure comfort in all aspects of our operations and we want to apologize for the noise disruptions you encountered. We've passed on your concerns to our housekeeping team and will be more mindful of this in the future. We hope you'll reconsider staying with us again for your next business trip.

Kind regards,
Adolfo Mesa

Director of Operations

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I had an excellent stay other than my transportation pickup from the airport. I arrived at the airport and contacted the hotel. After several phone calls and a hour of waiting I arrived at the hotel with no apologies or compensation for my inconvenience. After the initial troubles, I had a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel is near the airport and has a shuttle form the airport. I did have to wait quite a while for the shuttle though. The concierge did help me arrange the inexpensive transfer to the cruise ship for the next morning ($10 maybe?). There is a small shopping center next to the hotel, but I couldn't call it a mall. Good for clothing botiques, swimwear, but not much else. There was a small cafe in the shopping there that had decent prices, and a little mini-mart for snacks/water. The hotel restaurant was okay. Unfortunately without a car there were no other options nearby. The breakfast buffet was also okay, but nothing special. The room was a good size, was clean and had a nice layout. The bed was realllllly comfy!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sunnilue
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Doubletree hotels are affordable and yet they give you a bit of luxury: great bed and comfortable pillows, higher-end toiletries, good looking rooms, and good quality towels in the bathroom. It's really great value.

We got a package with breakfast and Wi-Fi. The Bfast buffet was very complete and quite tasty. I imagine a hotel like this charging $15 per person for breakfast alone. Parking is $7 I think and $12 for valet parking.

The room seemed recently remodeled. It had a few minor problems like a lack of power outlets to charge your electronics, a small leak int he window that did not trouble us and a bathroom door that would lock itself, but was easy to unlock with any coin.

Now about the cookies. The cookies are delicious. A small thing but they are great, a nice touch. The hotel was busy, but granted, it was peak summer vacation season. We will probably stay again if in the area. I am definitely becoming a fan of DoubleTree hotels.

Room Tip: Any room will do. Elevators are fast and rooms facing the airport do a good job of isolating noise.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TheRealG-Man
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed Aug. 1,2014 in the King Jr. Suite & was satisfied. I arrived & 11:30 pm, went to the Burger bar & Alex was very accommodating was my vegetarian diet & friendly. The room was clean & comfortable. I went for the breakfast buffet & was satisfied with the variety & quality. I requested a late check out and they said no problem. The hotel has many adjacent shops & the prices were reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2014