“Always taken The Best Care of at this Hotel.”

Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Ranked #30 of 125 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is my Favorite hotel in the Miami airport area. The location is more than you can ask for and the people who work at the front desk are some of the most helpful and pleasant i have had the pleasure of being served by.

There is transportation to the Dolphin mall for $5.US each way that comes by the hotel and picks you up and drops you off. You can walk across the street and catch the rail service to the Miami airport or take the shuttle.

The club lounge looks over a golf course and always has a nice buffet breakfast for members.
The rooms have always been comfortable and very clean, But what makes this hotel my favorite
in the Miami airport area is the staff.

I would be remiss if i did not mention Gerry at The Front Desk, who made sure this Starwood Platinum member and his family were treated like Royalty. Gerry checked on to make us sure our stay was all we expected and more.

I will always stay at this hotel when near the airport in Miami. Great Job to everyone who worked at the hotel during our stay.

Sammy

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
JonW338, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and hospitality. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to hear that our teams have succeeded in ensuring that our guests experience that care. I will share your kind comments with the staff and especially with Gerry. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back home on your next trip.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed for only a few nights but I loved every minute of my stay at the hotel. The service was wonderful and the view from my room ws s magnificent. When I travel back to Miami, I will be booking my next stay here as well! Awesome place.

• Stayed: May 2014
JonW338, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and our hospitable staff. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I don't normally write reviews, however Mayling Marenco in the Club lounge deserved a special comment on this review. She is very helpful, courteous, kind, and took care of our needs immediately. I believe the Sheraton Hotels did a great job hiring her for the job she is doing.

The hotel is wonderful, the staff overall is very good, and I would definitely come back. The only negative about the whole property is it is difficult to get to because of all of the construction. Once you figure that part out, it is a joy.

Jonathan

Room Tip: Top Floor Facing the Golf Course is a Great View.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent experience. We truly value and appreciate your recognition of Mayling from our Sheraton Club Lounge. She makes every effort to exceed our guests’ expectations at every opportunity so she will be delighted to learn that she was instrumental in ensuring a great stay. Your recommendation is appreciated and we hope for a return visit from you soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We have been here already four times. We choose this hotel because of it's excellent location (close to the airport, just across the rental car station). We use this hotel for overnight stays, before travelling to the Gulf Coast.

We've enyoyed the excellent service in the hotel restaurants, especially at breakfast. It's always a great pleasure to meet "our" waiter, Ruben Jaramillo! He is very friendly, helpful an we like to share some travel experience with him. Hopefully, we will see him next year again!

Philipp & Family from Switzerland

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We were a little concerned about an airport hotel as we had never stayed at one near an airport.
It truly exceeded our expectations.
We were on the club floor for 3 nights with a golf course view which was magnificent. What made our stay so special was the service-oriented staff - Alex Morales at concierage provided exceptional service and Leo and Luca as well, plus Victor at the bar and Nicole Carmenate.
En route to Cuba for 2 weeks, we also stayed upon our return for 1 night in early April before going home to VA.
Sea bass in restaurant was the best I ever have eaten - hats off to the chef!

Room Tip: Overlooking golf course view is the best.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed here last Sunday night as I had a very early flight out of Miami the next morning. The location turned out to be perfect for this purpose and the hotel exceeded my (somewhat-low)expectations on most counts. Check-in was unsophisticated but genuinely friendly. Room was spacious and, aside from the old spray-on-oatmeal-type ceiling and an unloved bathroom door, was modern and in good working order. Bed was very comfortable. Whilst the windows were well insulated, I could hear neighboring aircraft and traffic noise if I listened hard enough, but it did not disturb my sleep at all. Curtains, bed linen, and shower curtain were impressively clean. Bathroom had a shower over full-sized bath. Room service was inexpensive and passed the club sandwich test. Room had decent iron and ironing board. The restaurant breakfast buffet was unexciting and the server resisted taking an a la carte order even though the menu offered both. I wondered if it was because she didn’t want to have to personally deal with the egg station man who was the only unfriendly staff member I encountered at the hotel. The airport is literally across the road and it appeared that I could easily walk there but the check-out staff recommended the complimentary transfer bus which I did find to be quick and stress-free. The room rate was excellent value and I would definitely stay here again when I need a Miami airport location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CashedUpBogan
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel given the age. I typically stay at the relatively brand new Hampton Inn in Brickell but have switched to SPG recently.

First, check-in was great for SPG Gold. There was a very long line for check-in and I was able to get right to the front via the SPG lane. They rope off the SPG lane and put it in a position that does not cause the usual confusion where the wrong people get in the lane. It's off to the side with some plants separating it from the main line.

Parking was easy. There's a garage and the spaces are normal size.

The bed was the best I've had in a long time. The room was clean. If they upgrade the TV system to include some HD channels, the room would have been perfect for me. I had a nice corner room with windows on two of the four walls.

Breakfast was fine. They offer cooked-to-order omelets. I was also given a voucher. Not sure if that was a SPG benefit or something to do with my corporate rate. I would have had no problem paying for this breakfast.

Room service was fine. 1 out 5 room service burgers I order "well done" come back less than well done. I wasn't lucky at this hotel. Otherwise no problems.

The location was good. It is so close to the Hertz exit that my Garmin did not find the GPS in time to avoid making a wrong turn. Use your phone or memorize the directions. It was also easy to get on the main highway and get downtown for a lunch meeting.

I will stay here again and make this my regular hotel when on business in Miami.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business