“Clean, Convenient, and Accommodating”

Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Ranked #29 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 7 July 2014

As a Starwood Preferred Guest I am quite used to their product. This hotel is great for quick overnights close to the airport. The shuttle service was on time and well run. The rooms were clean and amenities plentiful. The restaurant served decent food quite late which was appreciated since by arrival was delayed by storms. Due to storms and several delayed planes, several people arrived at the same time. The staff processed the line of people quickly and professionally.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
JonW338, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

We were delighted to read your review and so pleased that your overall stay was enjoyable. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back.

Jon K. Wubbena, CHA

Write a ReviewReviews (4,401)

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Clean hotel and good experience. One employee who went above and beyond was Cecilia Suarez at Sheraton Miami. Sheraton should be very proud to have an associate Like Cecilia working for them. Overall we had a great experience at the this property. Clean rooms, helpful staff. Great food!. This a great Sheraton restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Muqeet M
JonW338, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed our hospitality and appreciate your recognition of our associates. I will share your comments with our teams and especially with Claudia from our restaurant. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

It took a full 20 minutes before the ice cold water in the shower at the Sheraton Miami got a little bit warm. Forgiveable, but wasteful.

The air conditioning here didn't work at all. I kept setting it lower and lower throughout the night, hoping for any relief from the hot, humid and very stuffy room. Couldn't get a breeze from outside either - the windows don't open.

Don't stay here if you're an asthmatic!

In the morning, I told someone at the desk the A/C didn't work - and she said they know, the whole building's A/C has been broken for days. She said she was sorry and they're working on it. Honestly it really would have been nice to know that when I was checking in - I would have opted for another hotel or sleeping at the airport.

Then she charged me for a couple of local calls.
Fab!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience but it is apparent in this case that we fell short. We apologize for the deficiencies you encountered and hope that you will us another opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Our stay here was for 1 night, we had flown in from Orlando and we drove the next day to the keys so that we could enjoy the scenery! Back to our stay, it was ok. Definitely does NOT meet Starwood's level of service! The 1st room we entered had a very loud door that squeaked loudly every time it was opened, there were cleanliness issues, dusting was obviously not on housekeepings to-do list. The linens were clean but after about 2 hours the family and I were all stuffed up so I just happened to look up at the HVAC vent and could see the filter was extremely dirty! I removed it and took it immediately to the front desk where I was greeted by a nice gentlemen that then asked how he could help me I asked if the GM was still there and he was not so I asked that the filthy filters that had a change date if the beginning of May 2 months old be given to him and that he should have look into maintenance schedule for changing these filters! The desk clerk was very apologetic and moved us into a hypoallergenic room. Upon arriving in this room it seemed at first to be a step up from the other room but then we ran into overall cleanliness issues again with gum under the corner of the night stand, filth on the plugs and light switches, the bottom of the tub had dirty spots, the phone was so disgusting that I wouldn't even use it in an emergency! We did not bring these issues to the attention to the staff because we just wanted to get a good night rest and didn't want to deal with it! I would probably not stay here again! I can say that the staff was friendly, lobby was clean and up to date, the noise from planes landing and taking off did not penetrate into the hotel either! The pool looked well maintained but the pool towels looked old and were frayed.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Simon5066

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it appears that we missed several opportunities with your visit. We are terribly sorry for the deficiencies you encountered with your room and we shared your findings with our operations team so that we may avoid a recurrence. Please know that your experience is in no way indicative of the quality we provide for our guests and hope that you will afford us another opportunity to better serve you on a future visit to Miami.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

As a Starwood Preferred Guest found compared with other Sheraton Airport property very deluding. Poor drinks offer at the bar, poor amenities in the room. All carpet close to the window totally wet after the rain storm that occurred before our arrival.

Room Tip: Very disappointing
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Unfortunately, Lufthansa sent me (and a whole lot of other passengers) after cancelling their A380 MIA-FRA on June 30th to this hotel. The events at the airport post-cancellation was a struggle, but why Lufthansa chose to make their passengers suffer more by sending us to this hotel is puzzling.
First of all the hotel shuttle driver was totally unhelpful. All luggage had to be be lifted into and stowed in the shuttle - no luggage compartment or trailer. The hotel obviously didn't bother sending more shuttles when they got the news about hundreds of passengers coming their way at the same time. There were long lines in the reception - as could be expected. And the two female receptionists - for unknown reasons - went out of their way to find people who were not among the Lufthansa passengers to let them bypass the lines. What kind of customer treatment is this? I'm a SPG member, and was quite provoked by the receptionists treating the stranded passengers as second-rate guests.
Anyway, I was assigned a room. The airconditioning had not been turned on, so the room was hot and uncomfortable - and had a strange smell. I switched on the a/c - which turned out to be very noisy. There was also an air purifier unit in the room - why I wouldn't know.
The hotel is located close to the airport - and there's absolutely nothing of interest in the vicinity.
I can't wait to check out in the morning and get out of here. But I expect there to be long queues in the reception for check-out and I don't look forward to another ride on the horrrible hotel shuttle.
There are lots of nice hotels in the vicinity of MIA, but this isn't one of them.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The best part about this hotel is the people working there. Every one of the staff I interacted with treated me as if I was the most important person that they talk to that day.

The room I stayed in was on the club floor. It was a fine room. A little dated, but clean, and no odor. The noise from the planes was minimal.

The lounge provided complementary continental breakfast and cold and hot drinks throughout the day. It had a nice view of either the planes taking off, or the golf course at the back. It's a relaxing place to enjoy a drink in the evening or finish off some work on the computer.

The walk from the parking lot is pretty far, and if you are returning at night, it is not lit well at all at the best of times. One night, they forgot to turn the lights on at all so we had to walked in the dark.

In summary, if you are looking for luxury, keep on looking. But if you're looking for a nice hotel to get a good night sleep, put this one on your list.

Room Tip: Take a club room. It's worth the extra money.
Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business