“convenient if you have an overnight stay but needs maintenance”

Miami International Airport Hotel
Ranked #77 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“convenient if you have an overnight stay but needs maintenance”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

I recently met a friend traveling from Paraguay and connecting through Miami who had an overnight stay. So I thought would be less tiring for her to book us in the hotel at the airport, especially as she already had been traveling 12 hours and I knew the restaurant was good as I and my family had eaten there many times when flying to or from MIA. Dinner was great and included an also very good breakfast, but the rooms need attention. Windows are so caked with whatever you can barely see out of them and the wood blinds are very much in need of cleaning and repair. Very small bathroom, barely adequate. Beds pretty comfortable but should be better for the price. Other than the convenience of being in the terminal, not a lot to recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: ask for one where they have recently cleaned the windows
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Michele N,

Thank you for staying with us at the Miami International Airport Hotel.
We truly appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

We are happy to learn that you found our hotel to be convenient for your layover.
I would like you to know that I have shared your feedback with my housekeeping manager. In addition, I would like to share that the hotel is currently under renovation, we will soon display a new and exciting look.

We hope to see you on your next trip to the Miami International Airport to experience the many changes.

Once again, thank you.

Harve Rosenthal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Madison, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

My husband and I arrived close to midnight the day before a cruise. The convenience of the hotel was great, but it really needs a clean-up, and I don't mean the renovations. The walls in the hallway are scuffed and dirty, so your first impression is not good. The room was ok, not the most comfortable bed and the covers were strange. The bathroom was not the cleanest. We are not fancy people and are usually ok with most accommodations, but I believe this hotel needs to make some basic changes in order to attract customers besides those who are desparate!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Patti B,

We truly appreciate your feedback as well as business. I am glad that you found our hotel to be practical and convenient.

I have made my housekeeping manger aware of your comment; he is working closely with staff on making sure issues as such do not occur in the future.

Once again, thank you and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the Miami International Airport to experience the new and exciting changes the hotel will soon be displaying.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I should have paid more attention to the other reviews. This hotel maybe the only one at the airport but do not stay here. I made the mistake of booking a non refundable room on hotels.com and was stuck here. The hotel was filthy and is under construction. My assigned room had a shuttered window that upon opening faced construction. Half the surrounding hotel/ airport is under construction and guests are not even warned about this. The hotel is desperately in need of renovation and should be closed while surrounding construction goes on so this can be updated. There was no lobby and guests had to reach under construction plastic to press the elevator button. Rooms are dirty, hair in the bathroom, terrible towels, chipped bathroom walls and tub, shabby carpet. I asked to leave right after seeing the room but they would not refund my one night fee. Do not make the mistake I did. Take a shuttle to a better hotel, you will be so grateful you did!!!

Room Tip: No pool and no fitness center, so forget any amenities. Also as I read in another review! what littl...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Julie B
Julie B,

Thank you for your feedback as well as your business.

We are disappointed to learn that your stay was not a satisfying one. As you encountered while staying with us, the hotel is currently under renovation we have new and exciting changes in which we would like for you to experience on your next trip to the Miami International Airport.
Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and we hope to see you again.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

I arrived at about 7.00 pm following a ten-hour flight from the U.K. and I stayed at the Miami International Hotel for one night.

I cannot deny that the hotel is convenient and the bed was comfortable but the decor in the room was the most drab, dullest and miserable I have ever had the misfortune to stay in.

I noticed that there was some building work in progress around the reception area but perhaps the builders should be concentrating on modernising the rooms. The room I occupied had dark, old looking furniture. The lighting was miserable and this was exacerbated by the colour of the walls.

All in all it was really depressing and I was glad when I turned out the light and went to sleep so that I didn't have to look at it. In my opinion it urgently requires bringing out of the 70's. In fact I was so impressed I cancelled my reservation for my return journey on the following Saturday.

Maybe the owner of the hotel has a laissez-faire attitude, knowing full-well that the majority of customers only stop for a maximum of one night, but it is not the attitude to adopt.

If you are looking for a convenient but not cheerful hotel then this is the place to stay. However, if you prefer a modern, comfortable hotel then it is worth the extra to book elsewhere. All of the major hotels have a regular shuttle service from the airport.

Would I stay at the Miami International Hotel again? The answer is a resounding no.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Alan S
Alan S,

Thank you for staying with us at the Miami International airport Hotel.

I would like to share that our hotel is currently under renovation and we will soon be displaying a new and exciting look.

We are disappointed to hear that you have cancelled your upcoming reservation due to the disappointment on your first visit; we truly hope you hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future and experience the many changes.

Sao Paulo, Brazil
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

We had an early flight, so we chose to stay at the Miami International Airport Hotel. From this point of view, this was the best decision, as we only had to ride down the elevator to check-in. If this is your case, go for it, but be prepared for a poorly kept hotel. The corridors give you the worst impression of all, as the carpets are worn and dirty. But once you enter the room, is not that bad. The rooms are small (the bathrooms are pleasantly spacious and clean) and poorly kept (stained walls, broken blinds, etc.), but clean. Service is dry, specially front desk staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Elisa M
Elisa M,

Thank you for staying with us at the Miami International Airport Hotel. We appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

We are happy to share that our hotel is currently under renovation. We will soon display a new and exciting look; we truly hope you visit us again on your next stop to the Miami International Airport to experience the many changes being made to the hotel.

Once again, thank you.

Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I had to catch a morning flight to Central America. I checked into the hotel at 12:30AM and I checked out at 8:15AM. Given that, the hotel was very convenient.

There were some things about which I was disappointed. There was a nice, big showerhead in the shower but the water pressure was low. The knob was turned all the way to the left (for hot) but the water was barely warm. There was also no free WIFI service. If you pay in cash, please note that the hotel doesn't accept $100USD bills. These are all minor things but worth noting.

Two big pluses for the hotel were that it was extremely convenient (I did't even have to walk outside any airport doors) and it was extremely quiet. I wasn't expecting to get the good night's sleep that I did and I didn't hear one single plane the entire time that I was there. That's amazing, considering I was at an airport hotel!

If you don't mind paying $163USD for a one-night stay (that includes all the taxes), the hotel is very convenient. I'd stay here again in a pinch.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
citygalSTL,

We truly appreciate your feedback as well as your business. We are glad to know that you approve of the convenience of our hotel.

Also, I would like to apologize for the water pressure issue you encountered while staying with us, please know I have made my chief engineer aware your comment and he is working closely with staff on resolving issue.

In addition, I would like to inform you that Wi-Fi is now free to all guests staying with us. You do not need to purchase Wi-Fi if you book a night with us.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again on your next stop the Miami international Airport.

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I chose to stay here for the location due to an early morning departure. That part worked well. Other than that, I have more than a few negative observations:

1. You can't find the place. There are no signs to guide you there.
2. The reception staff was flat rude. The "security" guy was actually sleeping (or resting his eyes) when I arrived about midnight.
3. There is no bar or room service after 11PM. If you arrive late and want dinner and a glass of wine, tough.
4. When I opened the blinds of my room's window, I could barely see out of the window due to the fact that it was covered with pigeon poop.
5. The doors close very loudly and you are guaranteed to be disturbed multiple time during the night.
6. The lobby furniture is filled with transient people when you arrive late at night. There are even people sleeping on the lobby floor. The hotel allows this and doesn't seem to care that you have to step over people to get to the front desk.
7. The hotel is undergoing some construction and their "lobby bar" is basically a rolling counter with 3 stools in front of it.

My advise, spend 5 minutes and take another hotel's free shuttle bus. You'll be glad you did.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Me_Never_Home
Me_Never_Home,

Thank you for staying with us at the Miami International Airport Hotel. We thank you for your feedback as well as your business.

We are glad to know that you found the location of our hotel to be convenient for your travel. It is disappointing to hear that other than convenience you do not approve of our hotel. At the Miami International Airport Hotel as it is with all other HI Development hotels our number one goal is guest satisfaction and commitment to superiors guest service, it is unfortunate that we have failed to show our commitment and give you the type of guest service you deserve.

I have addressed all issues with my managers and we will make it our duty that issues like the ones mentioned in your comment do not repeat in the future.

Once again, I apologize and hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Harve Rosenthal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!