“construction noise starts 7am” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Miami International Airport Hotel

Miami International Airport Hotel
Ranked #81 of 121 Hotels in Miami
“construction noise starts 7am”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed, and I am a frequent visitors of inexpensive hotels.

Don't be lured by the "best location" trap. I decided to stay in this airport hotel only because of the location. However, the hotel not only has windows looking out to steel pipes, it has unhappy staff (no one even say hello back to me). The worst part of my stay is the construction. When I saw two elevators out of three taped shut, I know it is not good sign. However I didn't expect the thundering drilling noise starting 7am the next morning. I called the front desk to complain. The person who answered didn't even apologize. He just said, "O, yeah, they start early. It's the airport, not the hotel"....like the hotel that advertises the convenience of airport location has no responsibility at all. For your own sake, don't stay here. Many hotels nearby offer shuttle service to and from Miami Airport.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Linda L
MiaHotel, General Manager at Miami International Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Linda L,

Thank you for staying with us at the Miami international airport hotel. I truly appreciate your feedback as well as your business.

I want to apologize for my staff’s attitude upon your arrival. I know how disappointed you felt by receiving such welcoming, at the Miami international airport hotel we take all guest feedback seriously. I will address our front staff action towards you with my front desk manager as this is not acceptable.

Our hotel is under major renovation. Our new lobby is at its completion stages and so are our elevators. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have had caused you. Construction doesn’t usually starts till later in the day; please know that I will be bringing your feedback to the attention of the airport staff to prevent similar incidents from happening in the future and to also look into what went wrong with the schedule of the construction the day of your stay.

Although you feel as you will never stay with us again, I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future and experience the many changes being displayed in the months to come.

Please contact us if there is anything that I can do to have you stay with us again.
Thank you.

Harve Rosenthal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Jersey, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Arrived at 19:00 having booked a standard room with a king bed. By standard, I didn't realise they meant when compared with Steve McQueen's cell on Devil's island in the film Papillon. It was a corner room of reasonable proportions but with one window measuring about 4' x 2', I say about as the blind wouldn't rise more than 18 inches meaning that I had a 'gynaecologist's view of the world outside. The wifi was incredibly difficult to log in to and then very slow once on. The joy of joys was that my room was right outside the service door which meant that I spent my night with numerous unseen characters who crashed in and out of the door, sounding like they were going to land in my bed! There was no bottled drinking water in the room, no mini bar (obviously). I ventured up to the restaurant on the 7th floor for dinner which took longer than expected as two of the three elevators were out of service. Once there and having taken one look inside at the very dated decor and the menu that seemed to serve bell peppers with everything, I retreated to the comparative safety of the Burger King in the terminal. I did actually try the restaurant for breakfast, including the breakfast potatoes with the obligatory bell peppers, where it became very clear very quickly that if you were a paying customer (including tip) you were treated well, if however like me you had a voucher to signify that breakfast was included in the room rate, you were treated as a second class citizen, presumably due to a lower tip expectation. I had planned to stay at the hotel until about 14:00 in the afternoon to coincide with my flight. I actually checked out at 10:30 as I concluded that the departure lounge would be far more comfortable and the wifi might actually work. My advice to fellow travellers overnighting in Miami is simple, don't get tempted by the advertising slogan saying only hotel in the airport, convenience etc. Book a hotel outside of the airport and just get a cab, the inconvenience will be worth it, 100 fold!

Room Tip: Don't!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Smhchie
Kingston, Jamaica
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel is conveniently located in the airport, which is great for checking in early before a morning flight. However, the carpets are dirty, and the towels do not look freshly laundered, I was not sure if some of them were clean. The wifi is very slow and keeps dropping as well. They did give me a room near to the elevator so I did not have to carry my luggage far, so that was good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I should have known better, this is an airport hotel! Loud doors banging constantly. People up at all different times of the night walking through hallways talking. Airplanes flying over. I could hear toilet flushing noises constantly throughout the night from rooms above.

We flew to MIA from BOS a night early because we wanted to get out of Boston before a snowstorm. We left the next morning for Nevis. I suggest if you have time and expect a full night's sleep, travel outside the airport and stay somewhere else. Will never stay at any airport hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is a VERY OLD hotel. I couldn't find a date, but there are VERY OLD photos in the hallway, that looked to be in the .. 40's ?? Don't let the photos on their website "trick" you. The SHUTTERS you see in one photo ... were not to prevent light from coming in, but rather to HIDE the WALL outside the window!!! The DRAPERIES are the same thing .... we first got a room on the 3rd floor, then switched to the 4th floor. NEITHER had windows with "light" .... but obstructed with some kind of "wall" ..... ???

FRONT DESK staff never smiled once when we checked in or out.... not friendly at all.

On a "positive" side ... the COMPLIMENTARY breakfast in the morning was nice... and they appear to be starting a remodel effort ???

We noticed that a SHERATON is VERY near, and most likely has a "shuttle" service to the airport. We will stay there next time.

Room Tip: If you MUST STAY HERE ... ask for a room IN THE FRONT ... so you have a REAL WINDOW ... and not one...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Terri W
Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

I booked a room at the this hotel for a layover on my wife and I's honeymoon. I booked a higher quality room, and paid for it in full up-front. When we arrived at the hotel, they had given away our room to someone else and attempted to scapegoat us into a smaller room--without even mentioning it. The hotel staff was very argumentative and rude when I asked about the room I had booked. Long story short, we did not stay at this hotel... I would avoid and stay a mile away at any of the other available options. It would be well worth the small inconvenience of taking a free shuttle.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Coffs Harbour
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

On our recent trip to US we stayed here the first night to catch a connecting flight. Very rude desk person - not a good intro to our trip. We were exhausted after our long flight and really wanted a second cup of tea and tried many times to get another tea bag. However we were told they could not supply us with one!! We battled with the internet connection before making another trip to the desk. We had a piece of paper waved in front of us with the details but were not given this on checking in.

On my second trip there I was on my own. I had a tiny little room which was quite adequate. I avoided 'Mr Rude' at the desk and was served by a friendlier person. I remembered to ask for the internet access code this time.

The restaurant for breakfast was fine - however I noticed the morning I was on my own, less attention was given to me.

I would recommend this hotel for convenience only - otherwise stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Heather B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!