“Location, Location, Location”

Miami International Airport Hotel
Ranked #80 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 10 June 2014

It's an older hotel that is undergoing renovation, but do not go there because you are looking for luxurious accommodations. The location, in the airport, cannot be beat if you have a late night arrival or an early morning departure. Upon arrival, my plane arriving after midnight, it was great to not have to leave the airport (although the signage in the airport leave much to be desired).
The room was clean and the bed comfortable, which after a long day of travel, was all I cared about.
The staff were friendly and helpful as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Miami International Airport Hotel

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I made the reservation online and did not have to pay in advance, which is good. But apparently when you go through trip advisor or expedia, you don't get a voucher for breakfast, which I thought was unacceptable. I paid $157 for a night, and I don't get breakfeast.
The location of course is perfect if you have a plane to catch the next day.
Breakfast was just ok, as was the service.
The hotel is soundproof indeed but you feel like you are in a tomb. It is kind of creepy. For one night it is okay, and get out as fast as you can.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Was vary after seeing other reviews but choose this hotel as I was flying in late and being met in the airport the following morning so it saved the trouble of arranging transfers. Check in was slow, I said I was from the UK, the receptionist looked on his screen then asked me "is the UK a country", Room was small, like a cell, with the annoying gaps all around the door letting in light from the passage throughout the night. Still it was clean and did the job for one night but would not stay any longer. Bit concerned about the wiring in the room for the Television and Coffee Machine (see photos)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Graham R
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Great location. Thought we would just have a good nights sleep after a long trip. This hotel is the worst . The room was dirty dusty and closed up like a bomb shelter. The elevators that worked were accessable to anyone in the concourse, a disaster waiting to happen. The case holding the menu was broken plexiglass! The retaurant was dirty , lots of burned out light bulbs. The free breakfast wasn’t worth it The eggs were from a mix the so called home fries were some strange mix of cardboard like squares and I couldn’t eat the strange looking bacon! I also burned my hand when I poured the hotwater for tea There was no top When trying to check out an eployee interupted us to talk to the person checking us out I held up my hand in front of him and told him not to interupt us. Close this place down or call both Retaurant impossible and Motel Impossible!!! OH yes the Bellman never asked to take out bags He was an older guy like me and disheveled. DO NOT GO!

Room Tip: DO NOT go Do not bother witha room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank VBaron
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We booked a day room at this hotel before our return flight from Miami. Our thoughts were - it's only for a few hours to enable us to get freshened up before our long journey home. What a mistake.
Yes, the location is fantastic and the staff tried hard to resolve the problems but even for five hours at 95 USD plus tax - it just wasn't worth it.
The first room we were shown to - door was jammed and we couldn't get in.
The second room was like a rather large cupboard - no window.
The third room we settled for because time was marching on, however it was dingy, grubby and had a very strange smell and we were informed by the check-in manageress that it was one of the better rooms.
There is a lot of construction work going on at the hotel and so there is dust everywhere and the public areas look really shabby. When we reported the problems to the check in staff they were extremely apologetic and refunded our money immediately which was great, but had we known we definitely wouldn't have gone there refund or not - maybe things will be different once the construction work is completed. In the meantime we would recommend you find out if the work has been completed before you book, alternatively book with caution as it may not be worth the price even for a few hours stop over.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Paul999Scotland
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Excellent hotel for a layover. The rooms are adequate and clean and remarkably insulated from outside noise. I did not hear a single flight taking off or landing, however, I could hear people walking in the hallway and opening their doors. The beds were very comfortable.
The location - right inside the airport, Concourse E, eliminates the need and stress of shuttle service to and from a hotel. The cost of the room was comparable to what I have paid in the past for the neighboring Embassy Suites and Hampton Inn. (and as I mentioned before, the airport hotel was much quieter than those other 2 hotels.)
It could use a substantial remodeling. Furniture is old and drab. As another reviewer noted, restaurants and bars shut down early. I was shocked considering that this is an international airport with flights arriving and departing through out the night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mgm819
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The only good thing about this hotel is that it is situated within the airport concourse. No need for cabs or other transport after a long haul flight.
It is desperately in need of substantial refurbishment. Everything about it is mediocre including rooms, food & staff. Would rather take my chances with any other airport hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Doug E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Hilton Miami Airport
Hilton Miami Airport
#44 of 124 in Miami
PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel
Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon

Been to Miami International Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!