“Excellent pre-cruise location!”

Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area
Ranked #41 of 125 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Two years in a row we have stayed here the night before our cruise. You can see the cruise port from the hotel if you stay on the bay side. There is construction going on across the street, but we didn't hear any of the noise in our room. Every place that we were, common area, elevators, hallways, and room were spotless. Super clean and very nice employees. I would like to recognize Alexis Collura, Front Desk Supervisor for her excellent communication via email and in person when it came to a special request. My needs were met and exceeded my expectations. Thank you so much Alexis!!

Helpful hints (from personal experience):

1. If driving to the hotel, to enter the parking garage and check in area, proceed straight on SE 2nd STREET and turn left into the parking/check-in entrance. Most GPS devices or smart phone Apps do not route this. One cannot access that area on SE Second AVENUE (physical address of Hotel).

2. Parking in the garage at the hotel, parking is currently $18 self parking with in/out. There is a separate key card for this, not the hotel key card.

3. The hotel key card is required to enter the hotel from the garage, don't forget this.

4. The ramp is very narrow when using a luggage cart to enter the hotel from the parking garage on any floor other than the lobby level. Use caution and patience maneuvering the cart through the door way.

5. CVS is a short walk down SE 2nd Street if you forget any needed items prior to taking a cruise. We purchased our wine and bottled water from there and packed in our carry-on.

Room Tip: If you want to have a city/bay view room and a chance to see all the fancy and some exotic cars on t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank gm3fan4u

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed one night prior to our cruise. I had booked the stay months in advance and we decided to splurge a little since it was only one night. We chose to book an executive king suite and requested a higher floor and was terribly disappointed with the room. Although it was spacious, ( it had a separate living room and kitchen area and our bedroom was in another room), the room was outdated and had a horrible view. We had a view of the train tracks and all the litter below us ( We were on the 5th floor). In addition, we had booked a transfer to the which we paid extra for, and had a situation where the concierge was not aware we had reserved the transfer even though we told TWO of the staff members what time we needed the transfer to the ship. Overall for the price that we paid for the room, we will definitely stay somewhere else (Intercontinental Hotel) when we come to Miami.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Maria H
PJimenez305, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2014

Thank you for the valued feedback. It will certainly help us improve.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stayed here with friends for a weekend in March. We booked it on a reward stay primarily due to the great location (within walking distance to restaurants and pubs). The hotel itself is just outside of the Brickell area (easy ~15 min walk to a large number of bars and nightclubs). However, if you don't want to walk that far, there's bars and restaurants within a 2 block radius as well.

The rooms are standard Courtyard rooms - large, clean, and recently re-done. Small bathroom but large living quarters. The gym was small but adequate and had a number of treadmills, ellipticals, and free weights.

From here ,the airport is about a 15 min drive. Similarly, South Beach is also approx 15 mins. It's a fairly central location and I wouldn't hesitate staying here again if my travels brought me to the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is clean spacey! There is a great pool and gym. The area does not seem dangerous at all to me. We were walking around last night at 2am and there was barely a soul in sight. I didn't not feel uncomfortable at all. The staff is great and very attentive. They ask a lot how the stay is going and if anything is needed. The Bistro downstairs is delicious. You can order anything on the menu all day! It is a very convenient location. About a 7-10 minute walk to Bayside where there is great music, food, shopping and entertainment. The Metro Mover is located directly next door and South Beach is a short and cheap cab ride away! I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. Great price. If I don't stay at a friends place the next time I come I'll def stay here! The only reason I give it four stars is because of the price of snacks and drinks in the lobby. It is a little over $6.00 just for some Fiji water! Other then that its a great place!

• Stayed: June 2013
PJimenez305, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

We truly appreciate your positive feedback.

We constantly strive to provide service that exceeds our guests expectations, and we are very pleased to learn we were able to provide that level of service to you.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I had a wonderful stay at the Marriott Downtown Miami. I stayed for Haitian Flag day. We were close enough to all the events, restaurants, South Beach, Little Haiti, Nightclubs, etc. Parking situation was great. William, night auditor, was excellent. He even found Krazy Glue for us. I had a wonderful stay!!!

The room was spacious.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 May 2014

First, it was not easy finding actual entrance to hotel. Drove by it first time thinking it was parking garage. Which it turned out it actually was. There are, I think, 2 spaces reserved for people registering with hotel where you can park for 15 minutes then decide if you are parking there or somewhere else. Anyway not a good start.

The desk staff were friendly and efficient. This was true of all employees who we ran into or asked for service. The issue with the hotel is it is kind of worn. Both things like elevators and room furniture. Bathrooms while clean have old equipment.

Overall place is dated.

One other piece of good news. The night we were there the weather was thunder, lightening and extremely heavy rain. So we decided to eat at the 'Bistro' on lobby floor. While the menu was limited the food we had was very good for what it was. And again the staff there were pleasant and efficient.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to detail your experience at our hotel.

Everything we do is aimed at providing our guests with an excellent hotel experience, and your comments have been shared with our team members accordingly. We will definitely look at what changes need to made in order to provide the best experience possible.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

So, I booked this with my travel points and confirmed all close to date of travel. I received an email from the Courtyard Miami Downtown welcoming me and asking if I had any special wishes before I arrived which was nice. I arrived and got checked in. When I had a call from Marriott Rewards Points saying I did not have enough points to cover my lodging for the second night it was quite frustrating that this had been confirmed multiple times prior to my arrival. But the Courtyard Miami Downtown worked with me to get it straightened out. The staff went out of their way to ensure I was satisfied with the stay, the even delivered a thank you note for lodging and some treats with it. I have never had another courtyard do such things. So, I was definitely impressed because it was not their mistake re what happened. Even though their pool was out of order they negotiated with nearby Hyatt and JW for pool use. So, I was overall pleased with my stay, the cleanliness and responsiveness of the staff and my experience in Miami. Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
PJimenez305, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014