I won a voucher to stay at this hotel in Miami so I didn't really take the time to research about it. Upon arriving to Miami we called the hotel to see if there was a free shuttle. We found out that one comes every 20 minutes or so. At MIA there's no designated area for hotel shuttles so its the patrons responsibility to spot the right shuttle and flag down the driver to stop. Once on the shuttle it took 5 minutes to arrive at the hotel.
The hotel itself was nice despite the repair in the middle of the lobby. We were told the hotel is still under renovation, hence the small, yet temporary, fitness room. I liked how a room key was required in the elevator before it transports you to your floor. I also liked the cleanliness and design of the hallways. The rooms themselves were clean and modern looking. The king size bed was comfortable and the pillows were perfect. Housekeeping restocked the room quickly every morning with fresh towels and linens. There was even some relaxation kit we were able to use before bed. (nice little extra)
I also received vouchers for 3 free breakfast buffets. The food was the typical breakfast: bacon, sausage, potato, eggs, toast, cereal, fruit, bread. I was hoping for maybe waffles or pancakes, maybe even oatmeal one of the days but the food was the same every single day. Good thing it was free and decent tasting. The waitstaff was also very courteous.
Our plan was not to stay at the hotel but we didn't want to rent a car so here are some helpful tips if you're like us: 1)Use the free shuttle available to go to the mall or else a taxi (one-way) will cost you $30. 2)Use the free shuttle to Magic City Casino. The casino itself was not so great but from there it was a 20 min. walk to a popular restaurant called Versailles located in Little Havana. 3) Want to go to South Beach? Take the free shuttle to the airport. Go to the Metrobus station at MIA and take the 150 bus. Only $2.35 each way. Otherwise, a round trip by taxi can cost you about $100. 4) Have a phone number of a taxi company with you because it is not very easy to hail down a cab on the street. We had to call for one from Little Havana, one from Coral Gables, and one late at night from South Beach. It took them at least 20 minutes to arrive - plan accordingly. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Convenience, comfort and personal service makes the Crowne Plaza Miami International Airport hotel an ideal destination for business and leisure travelers. The Crowne Plaza hotel MIA, located on NW Lejeune Rd, is only half a mile from the MIA terminals with 24-hour complimentary MIA shuttle service. Our hotel offers a complete package of guest amenities, including a full service restaurant, lounge, a South Beach style pool, and fitness center. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in all 305 rooms and public space. To make your stay even more convenient, we offer on demand remote printing capabilities in our business center (complimentary for registered guests). This Miami hotel is within walking distance to many restaurants and entertainment. Transportation can be arranged to the Port of Miami and shuttle service is also available to the popular Dolphin Mall (both services are available for a small fee). Enjoy being just minutes away from trendy South Beach, Port of Miami, Coconut Grove nightlife and Coral Gables. **We are a non-smoking hotel.** The hotel is centrally located near Miami International Airport and putting all the excitement of Miami within easy reach makes us one of the most convenient hotels in Miami. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG and LoveHolidays so you can book your Crowne Plaza Miami Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Miami Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Miami Airport Florida