“Wonderful Staff”

Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall
Ranked #32 of 127 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I live in Orlando and travel the state a lot for business. Just as I drove into the hotel parking lot, my car broke down. Not only did the front desk staff immediately help me find a reputable, certified mechanic, the General Manager graciously extended my check-out time. This hotel is staffed by very friendly people who helped turn a harrowing experience into just another small bump in the road. Easily accessible to the turnpike, restaurants and shopping, this facitily is located in a decent section of Miami. FYI, the hotel is currently under renovations. So if you need to sleep after 10 am the construction noise may keep you awake. But I believe, once completed, renovations will only make this Comfort Suites that much nicer. Hope to stay there again (without car problems).

Room Tip: Currently under renovation. The room decor is dated but they are very clean.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
TulioFL086, General Manager at Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Dana N,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.
Renovation work is going smoothly, we know our guests will like the changes, again Thank You for recognizing our staff, we are very proud of our team members.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Our evacuation quarter. Late in the evening at 22:30 pm. Friendly and fast check-in. The hotel knows its value, it sells not under price. Had a disabled room on the ground floor. Parking is secured at night and borders directly at the parking lot of a large publix market.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jason K
TulioFL086, General Manager at Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Jason K,
We are grateful you stayed with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review, we hope you stay with us again when visiting Miami.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I've stayed here multiple times when I travel to Miami for business. I picked it because of it's location and proximity to the Miami-Dade Building Department, and ease of access to the Turnpike. The rate was about average for Miami, the room I would consider above average for the price. Had a nice 3rd floor room overlooking the pool area which was very nice and surprisingly quiet considering the proximity to the road. There was a strip mall directly behind the hotel that had some restaurants and a Publix supermarket which came in very handy. Plenty of restaurants close by with minimum drive time. Depending on which way you went into the city it will take you approx. 30-45 minutes on a fair day. I stopped staying at this location after I found out Choice Hotels opened a Cambria Inn and Suites in Dania Beach. It's about 20 minutes further away if you take the turnpike, but if you are looking for an area less congested I would recommend there. If need be though I would return depending on circumstances mostly if I had to drive any further south to get to the job sites.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms on the front side of the building facing the pool, the back look outs over the US Pos...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Dan C
TulioFL086, General Manager at Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Dan C,
Thank you so much for staying with us and for being such a loyal CHOICE guest, we appreciate it.
We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

When looking for a hotel close to where we wanted to be, this hotel was the best choice. I was a little apprehensive, because of the location (right next to the Florida Turnpike). It is a gem in the ruff. The staff was very courtious, the room was clean, and it was quiet. The free continental breakfast was good and as always the staff was very helpful and courtious. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was clean and adequate. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jezjulie2013

Dear JezJulie2013,
We are grateful that you took the time to write a review of your stay with us, we are glad we met or exceeded your expectations, we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I just stayed one night, location was perfect for my needs, the building looks old but well maintained. Rooms clean, but my room in particular had humidity smell. Air conditioning LOUD , breakfast was good. I have been in better hotels in Miami for a less price

Room Tip: Higher floors might have less humidity smell
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank emblema
TulioFL086, General Manager at Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Emblema,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your comments and are sorry that we did not meet your expectations, we are looking into the issues and are taking steps to resolve them, again, Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will give us another chance, we will be renovating this year and are very excited about the new look.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Although we have been there only 2 Nights at this Comfort Suites Hotel, we say, that it was all very friendly and totally clean there. During our Stay, we went two times there for Breakfast, wich was nice decorated and all fresh. Good Coffee there!!! It was a short Stay there and we did felt good in this Hotel

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beachandsuntravel88
ToolsMiami, General Manager at Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear BeachandSuntravel88,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment regarding you stay with us, we appreciate it. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

It's a good hotel. Very good breakfast. Beds could be better. A little bit noisy. Pool, spa, gym were excellent. Price was higher than I thought. Personal was
OK. I would recomend it. Good place for stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Veronicasv
ToolsMiami, General Manager at Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear Veronicasv,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us and thank you for recommending us to your friends and family, we hope you will visit again soon.