“Good place to stay”

TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes
Ranked #84 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I was a bit underwhelmed by this property. It was a bit old but they were working on it. The breakfast was terrible. Very limited and a very small area. I was there for 4 days and every morning they could not keep the bar stocked or coffee made.
The staff were nice but not friendly. My key would not work on 3 different occasions and when I went to the desk they changed it out but never an apology. I thought it was odd. Also every time I went to the front desk the person running it was in the laundry room chatting with housekeeping.
The rooms were nice but oddly stocked, 3 glasses, 3 cups, no wine glasses and odd numbers of plates.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
hotelmanager8079, Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for staying at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott and for sharing your feedback about your stay. Please be assured that your comments will be shared with our hotel team to immediately correct the issues you experienced during your stay. My apologies for any inconvenience. I appreciate the suggestion on adding wine glasses to the rooms as well. Thank you again for sharing your feedback

Reviewed 10 February 2014

The rooms were old, dirty and extremely smelly. It was discusting and it seemed that the whole hotel smelled and not only our room. It smelles like an old basement with old wet carpets.

The location was great.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feeback on our hotel. I am very sorry you were not satisfied with your stay. When you have a moment would you please contact the hotel at 305-512-9191 as I would like more specific feed back from you such as the room number or building location you are referencing so we may further investigate and correct the issue. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Don't expect a large lobby because this hotel does not have one. Well they do but it's very small. Everything looks a little old and needs good cleaning and painting. The outside looks much better than the inside. Breakfast is not anything special and people seem to help themselves to bags full of yoghurt, milk, and other breakfast items. No one seemed to care.The staff though was very nice and helpful and the rooms were ok.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
hotelmanager8079, Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback. I will share your comments with my team regarding the service you receieved and your breakfast experience. This hotel is scheduled for improvement projects in 2014 which includes painting of the exterior of the building, in order to maintain a fresh product. Thank you again for staying with us.

Best Regards

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed for two nights with my son between college semesters in early January for a break from the NJ cold.
I requested an early check-in and was disappointed when a room wasn't available at around 11:45 AM. I am a "Silver Elite Member" and assume that that should come with a few perks.
Once in the suite, I was impressed with its cleanliness and layout. There's a good-sized work area, small living area with sofa bed, and small kitchen with stove. The bed was very comfortable (my son got the sofa sleeper, and said it was comfortable enough as well).
The continental breakfast, although small, was better than I expected. I have been at Towneplace Suites where there is simply a selection of wrapped bars and muffins; this location has cereal, oatmeal, and bagels & muffins that can be toasted as well. Hot cocoa and fruit is also available.
The staff is friendly and pleasant, greeting all the guests with a "good morning, buenos dias" (it is, after all, Miami!).
The fitness center is adequate, with a treadmill, cycle, elliptical, and small selection of dumbbells. There is also a laundry room and small outdoor pool.
It's located within walking distance of a large strip mall with restaurants; a Publix is located a bit further away, but still in walking distance near "Main Street Miami Lakes". Nice location for either business or pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
hotelmanager8079, Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott. I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and will be sharing your comments with our staff. Thank you again, I look forward to your return visit.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Spacious rooms, comfortable bed, nice work area, full kitchen, nice area, plenty of parking and a helpful friendly staff. Recently remodeled to include a new breakfast room and very appealing decor. Now the bad news: Water was off the entire day right after I checked in. It flooded the new breakfast room so I can't comment on that...it's been closed. Well, a dip in the outdoor pool would cool me off...except that is closed too! I hate to complain when I really did have a comfortable stay, but really. It is December and that makes it tourist season. Shouldn't everything be at it's peak for the busy season? At least I have a nice view...of the parking lot. Almost forgot. They have a nice picnic area with a gas grill. (It worked!)

Room Tip: No real difference in the rooms. All are "parking lot view", All are large & comfortab...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I was on my way back to Trinidad from Taiwan and decided to spend a couple days in miami. I stayed at this hotel and the decision to do so was right. The area is great with a plaza within walking distance. The palmetto is like 1 minute away. Westland mall about 10 minutes. The room was nice with a kitchenette, made bringing back leftovers possible lol. There was a small gym too which was great. I had coffee in my room, but I knew there was breakfast in the am as well, although I didn't partake, ..I am a coffee in the am person.

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor, I didn't notice if there were elevators.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel August 3rd for one night, used Marriott reward points to book. I received an upgraded room for being a Marriott reward member. The room was great. Had a pull out sofa and a full kitchen, and I mean a full kitchen. Huge refrigerator, stove with an oven and dishes and pots and pans and silverware. The staff was very accommodating. They provided extra towels and blankets for our 3rd person in the room. The hotel is very close to the interstate, so getting to the airport and shopping was a breeze. I would definitely stay at this location again.

Room Tip: If you need to stay in the Miami area for any reason, this is a great place.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is always a positive boost to our associates to hear when a guest had a great experience at our property. I will make sure to pass along you comments and look forward to your next stay.

Hospitably,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Residence Inn by Marriott Miami West/FL Turnpike
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes
SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South
Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall
Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes
Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes
#2 of 4 in Miami Lakes
Courtyard Miami West/FL Turnpike

Been to TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!