TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes
InterContinental
US$321
US$236
  • Pool
Hilton Miami Downtown(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$149
Hilton.com
US$137
US$133
  • Restaurant
Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$172
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Miami Airport(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$102
  • Pool
Regency Hotel Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$163
US$159
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsseparate buildingsfull kitchenbedroom suitebreakfast rooman extended staystandard hotelrooms are greatbreakfast includedcomfortable stayenjoyed my staysouth beachconvinienceapplianceswalmartgloriamaintenanceremodeling
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I was highly impress with the room, and the service which put me in the mind of a timeshare. Ms. Ivy Santiago is the right person for the job. Marriott has a Gem by the name of Ivy Santiago, in their possession. Thank you for your service towards me and my family.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong here.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
MIATS8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you so much for choosing TownePlace Suites by Marriott Miami Lakes. I was delighted to read your comments you shared on Trip Advisor and will be sharing them with Ivy and the rest of my team. Ivy is one of our long-term associates and I am very pleased she was able to make your stay great. Thank you again. I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I've stayed at all types of Marriott's before and before I give my opinion on the hotel I want to applaud Faith for the fantastic job she did in getting my friends and I back to the hotel after a game at the sun life stadium. We took a cab so no one would be drinking and driving only to find ourselves stuck with no cab to speak of anywhere to take us back. I called the property and faith worked her magic and had a cab meet us a little down the street at Walmart to take us back. She even called me back twice to make sure the cab had actually found us and that we had made it back safe. Thank you so much for that!

Now the breakfast was a disappointment. There was nothing really substantial like hot eggs, sausage or bacon or even waffles.... There was cereal, fruit, bagels, and bread. This is not what I would have received at any other Marriott that includes breakfast in the mornings.

The room when I first went in had a weird old smell to it that after you were in the room didn't notice but every time you left and came back you could smell it. Also,I don''t know why but the carpet at first was very damp. It eventually dried but maybe that was were the oder was coming from. now the beds on the other hand are EXTREMELY comfortable. I had two great night sleeps i haven't had in a while and I guess in the end that's what we really pay for when we rent a room, right?

The pool is much smaller than any pool I've seen at a hotel. Although it was clean and wasn't that cold to swim in.

The front desk person I spoke to sometime after midnight wasn't very friendly and kind of irritated me. I had asked that a key be left for a late arriving friend to pick up and when she got there around 130am she said she was given a hard time about getting the key.

Overall, and only because the room for us was split four ways, the price I paid was worth the trouble. If I had been paying the full bill I may have been a bit more upset. If I had to stay here again I might but next time I am in Miami I may check out another spot to relax in. The whole hotel just needs a bit of an upgrade to make it worth coming back although it did do the job of housing a group of friends just on a mini vacation to see the England game for the weekend.

Room Tip: I noticed rooms directly outside of the pool area that I would assume could get noisy. The building I was in only had an elevator that was on the side of the hotel that was furthest from the entrance.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
MIATS8079, Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your time here and Faith was able to be of so much assistance. I am sorry you were disappointed in our breakfast, TownePlace Suites brand offers a continental breakfast which does not feature hot items such as eggs or breakfast meats etc. Your concerns regarding the room odor have been addressed with our team. Thank you again for staying with us.

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was traveling with some buddies and looking for a 2 Bedroom place to have room for all of us. Found this online. Room itself was small but actually nicer than expected. Each bedroom had their own TV as well as the one in the living room. Awesome kitchen with everything you could need. Was within walking distance of great restaurants, drug store and grocery store.

One caveat - do NOT, under any circumstances, be the unlucky one to get stuck using the sofa bed! Trust me. You will be better off on the floor!

Overall, a good value for the price paid.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bret B

Good day,

Thank you for sharing your comments on your most recent stay at our hotel. I am very happy you enjoyed your time in Miami and our hotel. My apologies for the comfort of the sofa sleeper. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I should of ran when I first thought something was wrong. I noticed the managers cluttered office, that raised suspicions of maybe the room was in the same shape but it was ok. The staff use the facility like it's their home. Staff was grilling out doing things like they were the guest. Asked for assistance with transpiration. The cab was not ordered red as arranged. Very disappointed in a Marriott property.

Room Tip: Check the room and surrounding first.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at our hotel. I am sorry that your first impression of the hotel was poor. The back office that you are referring too sometimes doubles as a temporay storage area for packages and luggage. I am glad you found your room satisfactory and am very sorry the transportation service was not arranged properly. When you have a moment would you please contact me to discuss your comments on the staff's use of the facility. We do encourage our staff to interract with our guests as we are a long-term stay facility to create a friendly welcoming environment for our guests. Again, if you don't mind I would like additional information from you regarding this situation when you have a chance to speak. Myself or my operations manager can be reached at 305-512-9191. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Needed a room while traveling, checked the Marriott site and found this one was near where I was and another hotel was further north for about the same price Not wanting to backtrack I chose this hotel. I should have gone further north.

Arrived just before 11pm but it was not immediately clear when I pulled in where I was supposed to go to check in. Eventually spotted the single door leading to the lobby, no where to park though for check in or any spaces available near the office. Ended up just leaving my vehicle in the parking lot hoping the owners of the cars I was behind didn’t need to go anywhere for a few minutes. I later noticed in the daylight there were 2 spaces reserved for people checking in, they were of course occupied by the same cars all night. I have stayed at multiple Marriott branded properties and the desk attendants are always nicely dressed, guess this brand is a little less casual. Lady working the desk had her shirt untucked and did not look professional at all. Got my key and because I’m an elite member I was given a little bag with some bottled water and a granola bar. Lobby was very small for a Marriott, did have the little area you could purchase snacks from, don’t recall seeing the coffee that others mentioned.

Went out to locate a parking space. I prefer to park where I can see my vehicle from my room but all the spaces around the building my room was in were full. In the frustration of hunting for a parking space I bumped into a pole in the parking lot, one little bump $751 in damage. From the looks of the pole, I was not the first to hit it. Found a space in the corner of the property next to the other building not at all visible from my room. Went back in to inquire if there were any rooms in the other building available, there were none.

According to their website this hotel has 94 rooms but I only counted 83 regular parking spaces. That’s after you remove the handicapped spaces, check in spaces and the new mother spaces. Never seen those at a hotel before. Further reduce the number by accounting for the 7 spaces occupied by storage containers and that only leaves 76 spaces for 94 rooms. Since this is an extended stay with people living there I’m sure some rooms have more than 1 car.

Got a luggage cart to bring my stuff inside. It was a small odd 3 wheeled contraption that required you to hold a brake release to move it. Getting it out to the parking lot and back inside was a bit challenging since the hotel does not have automatic doors and you have to hold the brake handle at the same time. Made me wonder how people in wheel chairs got in and out. When I got to my car to load up the cart there was man looking though the nearby dumpster, he later moved to a dark area near the parking lot behind one of the storage containers and just stood there as I loaded up the cart.

Room itself was nice, good size, nice desk and rolling chair, kitchen with dishes etc, bed was comfortable, internet worked well. There was an odd smell when I came in though, like it had been over cleaned for some reason. The top of the TV stand had some sort of deformity like it had been melted or burned. Also found one of the burners on the stove was unplugged and the bottom of the tub was very slippery. Could hear doors slamming in the hall throughout the night.

Can’t comment on the Pool. They closed it before I got there and opened it too late in the morning before I left.

When I exited the building the next morning through the door opposite of the one I had gone in the night before I found the door had a zip tie on the door lever to keep it unlocked with a note to use the other door. So anyone could have just walked in to the hotel overnight. There was also a water bottle filled with what appeared to be urine laying in the parking lot.

Not much of a breakfast selection. I got some English muffins and milk. Muffins were good but the milk tasted like it had gone bad already even though the expiration date was several days away. Maybe it got left out of the fridge awhile?

Checked out after breakfast to get back on the road. Guy working the desk at checkout was a little better dressed. I asked about the storage containers, he said they were out there because they are replacing stoves.

In the future I will probably avoid the TownePlace brand.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am very sorry your visit to our location was not up to your expectations. We have confirmed with our locksmith that the parts necessary to repair the card access reader to the entrance of the building have arrived and this lock will be repaired. In the mean time, we have secured this door to only allow exiting from this door until the card reader is repaired. I would like to address some of your other concerns, but in order to do so would require additional information. When you have an opportunity; please contact the hotel at 305-512-9191 to speak to myself or our operations manager. Thank you again for staying with us again my apologies for not meeting your expectations. I look forward to speaking with you.