“Wonderful .... will return back.”
Review of The Mutiny Hotel

The Mutiny Hotel
Ranked #17 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Wonderful .... will return back.”
Reviewed 10 December 2011

i stayed here for a week. the hotel is located just 3-4 minutes away from coco walk. A great location. my room was very comfortable and spacious. i loved the balcony even though it faced the parking. friendly staff , nice swimming pool .
The concierge was very resourceful and fast !!!!
the bathroom could use some work though ( taps could be upgraded to work better ).
nonetheless, i will surely return back to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Dublin
Reviewed 8 December 2011

You could literally live at this hotel, washer & dryer fully equipped kitchen , great location , 2 min walk to coco walk! Go to green street restaurant for breakfast , great value for money !!

• Stayed December 2011
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Came to the Mutiny for the second time for a relaxing boys weekend and we definitely enjoyed our stay. Upgraded to a suite upon check in for being a repeated guest. Glad we did! Very spacious and comfy. Nice size bathroom with tolitries. Employees are all very friendly and professional like always They were outstanding. Only complaint The hotel doesn't offer free wi-fi in the rooms. Overall, I'm glad we stayed here and would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: Come more than once and you will get a free upgrade
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed 3 December 2011

The name of this Hotel says it all. WE JUMPED SHIP!!! This was to be a "special occasion" weekend and I made certain when booking the reservation months ahead, that the person in charge understood our desires.
A Deluxe 1 Bedroom Suite was not close to DELUXE nor was it SWEET. I asked for one of the nicest rooms with updated bath and kitchen. I was told no problem. Needless to say the kitchen was dreary and the bathroom was absolutley non functional. There was no place to put your toiletries - I had to drag a chair and place it outside the bathroom door in order to have my supplies close by. The door was in the way of getting to the sink and the same held true for a bedroom closet - there was an end table in front of the closet door making it a chore to open. The mattress need replacing and the furniture was not at all what you would expect in an upscale, boutique hotel. The not so sweet suite had a good view but it was hard to get comfortable and had a sound system that had to be at least 20 years old along with 4 old channel changers to work it.
Maybe it was this particular room/suite but even so, if these units are privately owned there should be a standard for the prices that are being charged.
One another note...since we bailed out of there quickly, by accident, my husband left behind his cell phone plug and I can not find two garments I had with me when I unpacked....hmmm.... I called and spoke to security the following day to see if all was recovered. His reply to me was that we left the door open when we checked out,(which we did not) and that there were now other occupants in the room, therefore they could not get in to look. Between poor customer service, someone not being up front and an old place that needs updating there are certainly much nicer places in Coconut Grove to stay.
I would never recommend this Hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: If you ask for a nice room....don't expect it.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jilzyk
Middleburg, f
Reviewed 28 November 2011

This was our first stay at the Mutiny Hotel. The hotel was beyond our expectations. The tile floors, the update bathrooms, the separate bedrooms, all were great. The staff was courteous and professional Staying the rooms was like living in your on condo.

The location of the hotel which is a short walk from CoCoWalk in Coconut Grove is great. The view of the Bay is excellent as well as looking down on the parks with people enjoying from sunrise to sunset.

We will return.

Room Tip: Room that overlooks the Bay
North Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I am very disappointed in this hotel. I was here on 11/11/11 for a wedding and reception and my iPhone was stolen. I believe it was stolen by an employee, especially because the wedding was small and everyone was friends and family; and also because my phone went straight to voicemail when we tried calling my number, even though my phone was on with enough battery when I last saw it. This indicates someone purposefully turned it off. When I spoke with the manager and suggested one of the employees took it, he suggested someone at the wedding took it. That was horrible customer service! The manager should have had hotel security search all employees. It's only right to give everyone fair warning about how this hotel operates. DO NOT GO HERE UNLESS YOU WANT SOMETHING STOLEN AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

2 Thank Ilianna
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 27 November 2011

If you are vacationing in Miami with parents, grandparents, and children, staying at multi-rooms suite hotels along the beach is the only way to go. The cost per person is low and the views are fabulous.

My son and his family including three of us grandparents loved our stay at the Mutiny Hotel with an 8th floor porch view of a boat harbor on Biscayne Bay.

The Mutiny is in the Coconut Grove area of Miami. Restaurants and shopping are just around the corner. For you fans of the TV series, Burn Notice, the under-utilized Coconut Grove Convention Center that is now used as its film studio is just down the street.

To get to the pool, you have to walk through a well-equipped fitness room.

The Fort Lauderdale airport is a quick 30-mile trip on nearby I-95.

This was our second stay in a Miami suite hotel. By now we wised up and used the full kitchen to fix dinner. After one-night stays in two different Miami suite hotels, none of us could clearly come up with a favorite. But we did agree that staying in suites was clearly nicer than renting three franchise motel rooms in Key West.

Room Tip: The better views are end of the hall rooms that face east.
1 Thank Craig S