We travelled to the Miami area during our daughters' school break. We reserved a two-bedroom suite and our room was exactly as depicted on the hotel's website. The spacious suite was in excellent condition and the beds in both bedrooms were very comfortable. The sofabed was not very comfortable but the housekeeping staff promptly provided a mattress topper that solved that issue. Our suite had plenty of storage space, a fully equipped kitchen and a washer and dryer. The entire suite had marble or tiled floors which avoids the problems associated with hotel carpets! Housekeeping staff kept our room very clean throughout our stay.
We were very pleased with the hotel's Coconut Grove location. The hotel is within walking distance of great restaurants, movie theatres and some shopping. There is a great grocery store nearby, too. Very inexpensive public transit is easily accessible from the hotel.
Our room was not high enough to have much of a view, however, it offered the peace and quiet we were seeking. The only noise we noticed, on occasion, was from other guests moving chairs on the marble floors in the room above ours.
The quiet pool area was relatively small but kept clean and was never crowded during our stay. The hot tub was usable its jets were not working while we were there.
Although we usually do not ask for much in the way of hotel services when we travel, we were very impressed with the helpful, friendly staff at The Mutiny Hotel. They helped us to arrange an excursion to the Everglades, provided directions to the nearest grocery store and promptly called taxis when we needed them.
I would certainly stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to others looking for more than a standard hotel room in a secure and quiet area of the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Few destinations can boast such a distinctive and colorful character as Coconut Grove. In the heart of this tropical paradise sits The Mutiny Hotel, a luxurious all-suite property neighboring the pristine waters of Biscayne Bay. A bright swatch of coral set against the intensely blue South Florida sky, the Mutiny's 12-story tower epitomizes the South Florida style; vibrant colors compliment chic accommodations elegantly decorated in a modern-lavish motif. Long a playground for the elite, The Grove - as it is known by locals - is also a second home to many celebrities, artists, and jetsetters. Its entertainment and shopping district reflects the quirky-yet-sophisticated nature of its residents, and visitors can find everything from haute couture to haughty kitsch in the many shops at CocoWalk, steps from The Mutiny's front door. After all, where else can you see stars in broad daylight, dance through an island festival, and enjoy dinner at a funky cafe? Only at The Mutiny. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Mutiny Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mutiny Hotel Coconut Grove
- The Mutiny Hotel Miami, Florida