“Trendy, fun, fantastic neighborhood”
Review of The Mutiny Hotel

The Mutiny Hotel
Ranked #20 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My husband, daughter and I took a long weekend along with another couple. I really enjoyed this hotel. Both of our rooms had small kitchens in them but our room (with a balcony) had a larger kitchen. We like to go out for lunches and cook dinners. This worked fine for us. The funny part (at least we laughed at it) was that I'm guessing not too many people actually cook because there were some interesting things not in our room but we managed to get them from the other room. For example, no hot pads to take something out of the oven. No coffee cups. But we took it all in stride and really enjoyed our room. The hotel staff was courteous and took care of any issues that we had. I loved the location, right around the corner from all the fun of Coconut Grove: shopping, restaurants, night life. We had a delightful 3 days. I would definitely go back here if we had the time.

Room Tip: If wifi is important to you...check it upon entering your room. We changed rooms to a higher floor f...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear writingeli,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Mutiny Hotel and taking the time to write such a detailed review of your experience.

I appreciate your kind words and am delighted to hear that your family had a wonderful stay at our beautiful Coconut Grove property. I am also delighted to hear that you were able to use your fully equipped kitchen during your stay. Regarding the hot pads, I will personally speak with my housekeeping department to ensure that we hot pads available for future guests.

Additionally, I will share your comments with my team so that we may celebrate another satisfied guest.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance regarding your most recent stay or for a future reservation. Again, thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Mutiny Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Great location, close to shopping and nice restaurants in coconut grove, quiet and full kitchen is a plus you can have your drink or prepare your our breakfast . excelent I recommend it
The parking is valet, but you can park to your own in the adjacent street, you can practice kayaking, paddleboard, go fishing , just across the street

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Rafaelplatino,

I appreciate your kind words and am delighted to hear that you had a great stay at our beautiful Coconut Grove property. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Additionally, I will personally share your comments with my team so that we may celebrate another satisfied guest.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was our fourth time staying at the Mutiny - and we have never been disappointed! We love the spotless suites with full kitchens, beautiful views over the bay from our room, comfortable beds, attentive staff, and location, not to mention the unbeatable price for a perfect location to enjoy the best areas of Miami. We can take a short walk to the shops and enjoy restaurants in the Grove, or walk through the park across the street to the bay. We also have an easy drive to visit the downtown Miami bayfront area and to go to South Beach. Next cruise we take, we'll be sure to start off by staying here!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Malamart,

I appreciate your kind words and am delighted to hear that you had another wonderful stay at The Mutiny Hotel.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was my third visit to this hotel. The people are all amazing. Everyone from the front desk to the valet seemed happy to help and go beyond what you expect. The rooms are clean and all come with a full kitchen. Awesome market that is only mins walking distance from the hotel. I seriously love it here!!

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Sue S,

I appreciate your kind words and am delighted to hear that we were able to welcoming you back to Coconut Grove. I am also delighted that my staff exceeded your expectations.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Wow!! My stay was very good and I would definitely stay again! My stay was for 7 days/6 nights. Upon arrival I was greeted and immediately checked in. The room was clean and neat and bath robes (2) were available. Room service was also very nice and the hotel is located within walking distance of Cocowalk and other dining options. The room was cleaned each and every day. Though I was in town for a procedure (and not in my best health and recovering) everyone made me feel so comfortable.

Room Tip: Washer/dryer combos are available in some rooms. Just request it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 77star77

Dear 77star77,

I appreciate your kind words and am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your extended stay. I am also happy to hear that you appreciated the in-room amenities provided to our guests.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We just stayed at the Mutiny with a group of people for my daughter and husband wedding in Coconut Grove. Originally we were staying at the Sonesta but decided to change over to the Mutiny because the customer service at the Sonesta was less than average and they were undergoing construction . The Mutiny gladly took our group. We had a block of rooms for the wedding party and all the rooms were fantastic and unique! Rooms provided living rooms, seperate bedrooms and full kitchens and all were immaculate. I can't say enought about the staff, front desk, banquet facilities, bar, pool were all excellent with European flair. There was not one thing that would have made this wedding more enjoyable.

The location in Coconut Grove was beyond belief! Across the street is all the yacht clubs and you could hear the clanking of the rigging from the the sailboats when you went out side. Walking distance to shopping and fantastic restaurants and bars.

Thank you Mutiny for making my daughter and husbands wedding unforgetable. I will definately be back very soon. Again, thank you everyone at the Mutiny Hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms were excellent. Our group had rooms on various floors and they were all fantastic.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank debkelley

Dear debkelley,

I appreciate your kind words and am delighted to hear that you had such a great stay for your daughter's and husband's wedding. My staff strives to make every stay memorable, and I am glad to hear they succeeded with you and your guests.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Had a wedding party of roughly 50 people stay for between 2-5 nights. I am extremely impressed with the staff's ability to cater to a large group. (This hotel is not large in comparison to its competition).The hotel restaurant features outstanding food and drinks served by hard-working and honest employees. To be clear, there were several instances in which our group likely exceeded the preferred guest limit in the bar area, but the only thing I saw in response to your team was hard work to keep up.

Specifically, Cliff and Alfredo made a strong impression on my wife and myself early on. The rooms were amazing. Washer/dryer, oven, full refrigerator, etc. Each room is unique to itself, but each has a nice view. Room service was prompt and not overbearing. When I needed something, I was accommodated efficiently.

The location of the hotel is also a selling point. Coconut Grove is a gorgeous niche of Miami, and you are a 5 minute walk to several terrific restaurants, the marina, shopping, etc.

Thanks again to the entire staff for a terrific stay. We'll be back without question.

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Lear1AJ

Dear Lear1AJ,

I appreciate your kind words and am delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay. I am also delighted to hear that your wedding guests enjoyed their stays, and that the wedding went off without a hitch.