“Location, Location”

Majestic Hotel South Beach
Ranked #196 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The main reason for my stay at the Majestic was because of its prime location for my girlfriends bachelorette. Unfortunately it is because of the "hotels" prime location that they are able to charge visitors an arm and a leg. Since we were not going to be spending much time in the room itself we accepted the fact that it was not in the greatest condition. However, at times I did feel uncomfortable thinking about the level of cleanliness. Yes, the rooms were cleaned daily - to what standards? I'm not sure. It's possible that the room appeared dirty because of the age of the building. The water pressure in the shower was a trickle at best and the room had a musty odour and again I'm sure that has to do with the age of the plumbing etc. Walls were very thin and we could hear the people in the next room vomiting every morning. The front desk provided free bottled water which was a nice surprise. If you are going to Miami to party and only plan on using the room to sleep, shop around for a hotel, if you can't find anything reasonable - pick the Majestic.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ivujevic
Matthew C, Manager at Majestic Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

ivujevic,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that we were unable to meet your expectations and wish that I would have had the opportunity to address your concerns during your stay with us. If you will consider contacting me directly the next time you're planning a trip to South Beach I'm certain we can improve the impression left with you.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Going into this (after reading reviews), my expectations were not super high but I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very nice and accommodating. I knew that I was paying for the area. The location is great if you are looking at going to the beach every day or even just eating and drinking your way through South Beach. Most everything is in walking distance. It is not a luxury hotel. It gives you the basics and nothing by any means is brand new. Either way this ended up being perfect for us, as we were out and only came back to sleep later at night. The restaurant that is out front, is not part of the hotel but has pretty good food and drinks for all times of the day and they give you a discount on top of running daily specials.

Room Tip: You are not going to see the beach either way, there are palm trees in the way so don't pay more...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Matthew C, Manager at Majestic Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

HLG868,

Thank you for your recent review! I'm very happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and meet your needs during your stay. As the Majestic is across the street from the beach, may I suggest a higher floor when booking an ocean view to have a less obstructed view and if you'll call the hotel directly we'll be happy to assist you with this the next time you're staying with us.

Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 days and it was the worst experience ever in my life ! I though i was checking in a hotel not in a motel ! With in two minutes of checked in I asked to get my money back so i could of left to checkin in a real hotel but they told me they wouldn't give my money back since i had checked in and i had pre-paid it! I wouldn't recommend this place even to my enemy! Its a big rip off! I had booked a sea view and when i got to the room i was looking at a building!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank eglentin

eglentin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions with us and the tripadvisor.com community. I'm very sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations and yes, unfortunately when you book/pay for your reservation through a third party it is impossible for us to refund that payment.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I m Enzo from Milano and I've been in Miami last week for my birthday with my girlfriend.
From the first day all stuff of Majestic Hotel was amazing for us and specially MICHELLE.
She was perfect for everything, to suggest us rent car in Miiami, restaurants and everything what we were searching.

The hotel is amazing on the ocean s drive and really close to the famous Miami south beach.
I have been other times in Miami but I ll never forget this hotel and the service.
Really thank s a lot to everybody and see you soon.

Room Tip: Trove che per chi AMA il mare ed il divertimento questio sia il migliore hotel in miami beach per po...

Vincenzo C,

Thank you for your 5 star review!! I'm so happy to hear that Michelle was so instrumental in your overall experience here in South Beach. We're all looking forward to your return trip so please contact us directly when you're ready to make those plans so that we may get you the very best possible rate.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I took my GF here for a vacation from the cold weather and the location couldn't have been better. We were on Ocean Dr. where everything and everyone is, we even seen a couple celebrities while we were here like "Beiber" and "Ocho Cinco" The staff was extremely cool definitely helped us find the best places on the beach. The rooms were smaller than normal but they were clean and enough room for our needs. Great vacation!

Room Tip: Ask the staff where to go and what to see

Augastine P,

Thank you for your recent 5 star review!! It is always our number one priority to provide you with the highest level of service in every aspect of your stay with us and I'm very happy to learn this was accomplished in your experience.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Having booked and paid for the hotel months ago we arrived to be told there was a service charge for basics such as air con, coffee, WiFi, hair dryer (that did not work) etc of $12.50 (plus tax of course) which was not mentioned in any correspondence. Sea views are very open to interpretation and had we not pre paid we would not have stayed here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Craftychestermel,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you felt surprised by the $12.50 daily service fee which is standard in every reservation. I've worked diligently with all of our third party partners to ensure this information is clearly given to each and every guest no matter how the reservation is booked however, if it is true that you're booking agent did not disclose these details in your confirmation I would very much like to know who they are so that I may be in contact with them.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

My friends and I stayed at the Majestic for a girls weekend trip and it was amazing! Perfect location. Right across from the beach, surrounded by tons of restaurants and shops. In the middle of the great South Beach night life. All the employees I encountered were very friendly and helpful. I loved the Art Deco style! I would definitely recommend this hotel if you're looking to stay somewhere with history and style instead of a generic chain!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

barbara g,

Thank you for your 5 star review!! I'm so happy to hear that we were able to so thoroughly meet your expectations. Please be sure to call the hotel directly when planning your next weekend getaway in order to receive the best possible rate including our "Returning Guest" discount.