Majestic Hotel South Beach
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$441
US$425
  • Beachfront
Chesterfield Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$226
  • Bar/Lounge
US$221
US$204
US$345
US$314
  • Beachfront
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$241
US$204
  • Beachfront
Gale South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$244
US$209
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Dream South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$276
US$256
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
US$272
US$199
  • Beachfront
Red South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$209
US$604
US$417
galahotels.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The hotel manager, Michelle, and staff were very courteous. I arrived for a two night/ two room stay during a high season weekend (Miami Int'l Boat Show) only to find my rooms were booked incorrectly through a travel site. Michelle not only accommodated my two room/two night stay, but at a rate that was very favorable when other hotels in the area were gouging visitors due to high demand on hotel rooms. The rooms were clean and bright. The location was fantastic with great access to the beach (directly across the street), restaurants and night life. Michelle and her staff were very accomodating and pleasant. An unusual experience in a high-turnover tourist setting. My travel group was pleased with the hotel and will plan on returning to the Majestic.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are sunny and bright. It's a busy area, which is exciting, but a little noisey at times. Do not expect the Ritz. It's a time-stamped art deco style hotel with smaller rooms and charm. Great Cuban restaurant 1/2 block to the west of the hotel. Very reasonably priced.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Matthew C, Manager at Majestic Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Bdukensb,

Thank you so much for your recent review! I'm happy to learn that our staff was so accommodating to you and your group. Please remember to contact the hotel directly when planning your next trip to South Beach so that we may offer you the very best possible rate!

Reviewed 5 February 2014

The hotel has a fantastic location right on the beach by all the shops and restaurants. You can walk right across to the beach and they give you beach towels too! The clerks were really helpful and when I had an issue the GM was swift to help me out!
They have a good restaurant and you get a discount for staying!

• Stayed: January 2014

BrantleyJames,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your recent review! I'm glad that our location was so ideal for your trip. Each of us at Majestic South Beach are committed to providing the highest level of service to every guest staying with us and it is my pleasure to have personally assisted you during your stay.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

The main reason for my stay at the Majestic was because of its prime location for my girlfriends bachelorette. Unfortunately it is because of the "hotels" prime location that they are able to charge visitors an arm and a leg. Since we were not going to be spending much time in the room itself we accepted the fact that it was not in the greatest condition. However, at times I did feel uncomfortable thinking about the level of cleanliness. Yes, the rooms were cleaned daily - to what standards? I'm not sure. It's possible that the room appeared dirty because of the age of the building. The water pressure in the shower was a trickle at best and the room had a musty odour and again I'm sure that has to do with the age of the plumbing etc. Walls were very thin and we could hear the people in the next room vomiting every morning. The front desk provided free bottled water which was a nice surprise. If you are going to Miami to party and only plan on using the room to sleep, shop around for a hotel, if you can't find anything reasonable - pick the Majestic.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ivujevic

ivujevic,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that we were unable to meet your expectations and wish that I would have had the opportunity to address your concerns during your stay with us. If you will consider contacting me directly the next time you're planning a trip to South Beach I'm certain we can improve the impression left with you.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Going into this (after reading reviews), my expectations were not super high but I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very nice and accommodating. I knew that I was paying for the area. The location is great if you are looking at going to the beach every day or even just eating and drinking your way through South Beach. Most everything is in walking distance. It is not a luxury hotel. It gives you the basics and nothing by any means is brand new. Either way this ended up being perfect for us, as we were out and only came back to sleep later at night. The restaurant that is out front, is not part of the hotel but has pretty good food and drinks for all times of the day and they give you a discount on top of running daily specials.

Room Tip: You are not going to see the beach either way, there are palm trees in the way so don't pay more to have ocean front.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Matthew C, Manager at Majestic Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

HLG868,

Thank you for your recent review! I'm very happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and meet your needs during your stay. As the Majestic is across the street from the beach, may I suggest a higher floor when booking an ocean view to have a less obstructed view and if you'll call the hotel directly we'll be happy to assist you with this the next time you're staying with us.

Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 days and it was the worst experience ever in my life ! I though i was checking in a hotel not in a motel ! With in two minutes of checked in I asked to get my money back so i could of left to checkin in a real hotel but they told me they wouldn't give my money back since i had checked in and i had pre-paid it! I wouldn't recommend this place even to my enemy! Its a big rip off! I had booked a sea view and when i got to the room i was looking at a building!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank eglentin

eglentin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions with us and the tripadvisor.com community. I'm very sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations and yes, unfortunately when you book/pay for your reservation through a third party it is impossible for us to refund that payment.