“Great location and customer service!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Essex House

Essex House
Ranked #50 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Great location and customer service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I just came back from a weekend trip to South Beach where we stayed at the Essex Hotel. This hotel is located right in the middle of all of the action of South Beach. We never had to walk far to get to anything on South Beach. The staff was very accommodating and provided great customer service. The front desk clerk, Quincy, was awesome! He gave us suggestions for restaurants and night spots, and acknowledged my birthday with well wishes! Great customer service!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tae_Marie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Upon check in we were upgraded to a King Suite which was incredible! After a long flight the jacuzzi bath was the perfect place to relax. The hotel is nice and quiet but as it is adjacent to the Clevelander you can get to a fun, party spot within seconds. The beach is nearby too which was great. The staff were so nice and helpful, we were really blown away by the level of service! I loved the hotel's facade too, typical Miami Beach Art Deco, it felt like it was right out of a movie! The Happy Hour was a nice bonus too, the wine was really nice and my husband enjoyed a few beers! The free sushi was gorgeous and we ended up eating in the japanese restaurant afterward as a result. We were only sorry we didn't stay longer, we had a great time at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank funyoungIrishcouple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

Loved staying here and the attention to details of the staff. We got in before check in time to just drop off our bags, but the staff at the front desk checked and since our room was ready let us check in before which was awesome. The locality of the Essex can not be beat. The bed was so comfy. The sushi restaurant is also amazing. I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed September 2013
Varese, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

I loved this hotel. Everything was great.
Well maintained with an old fashioned atmosphere. Great art deco design in lovely lobby area.My room was very nice and clean. Breakfast was excellent. Staff was really helpful. I appreciated fresh lemonade in lobby area and the afternoon wine & beer!!
The location is perfect: in the heart of district and the beach is across the street.
Yes, it was a lot of noise, but.... it's Miami !!!
I enjoyed my stay and I would be back ....

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Clinton, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

Upon my arrival (I arrived early), their system was down and my room wasn't ready. I was greeted by a guy named Juan at the front desk. He took my number to call when the room was ready. He also gave me 2 beach towels and held my bags as I went to enjoy the beach. My room was ready before the usual check in time. Room was very clean and neat; not a huge room but not small either ( queen bed, two night stands, chair, flat screen, enough room for multiple suitcases...). Bathroom was small but adequate. Continental breakfast served daily. Juan greeted me by name every time he saw me. Upon checkout another guy named Juan called me a cab and loaded my bags as I got breakfast to go :-). My only issue was the air conditioning in my room made noises when it was on. Other than this nothing would prevent me from staying here again. Great location and worth the price.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

My boyfriend took me here for my 40th birthday and we had a great time!! I can't say enough about the hotel staff and the excellent customer service. Brad & Damien at the front desk were absolutely amazing!!! Thanks for taking such great care of us. The location of the hotel was perfect...in walking distance to everything. We ate at Zen Sai and the food was really yummy, especially the pork belly sliders. We go to south beach often and we will definetaly be back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

I would 100% reccomend staying in this hotel. My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel for her birthday and I could not be happier with the experience we had. From the moment we arrived, everything was great! We were greated by two very friendly front desk employees (Brad & Damiene). They knew it was my girlfrinds birthday from the notes in the system and since the hotel was not too busy, the upgraded us to a suite without us even asking. They also gave us a 30% off coupon to the in-house reataurant Zen Sai. Later that night, Brad brought a bottle of champagne to the room which was above and beyond what I could of expected. We ate at Zen Sai the first night and it was amazing food, service was on point and the price was pretty fair for South Beach. The next day we were heading to rent Jet Ski's and asked the front desk if they could order us a cab. Within 2 minutes we were in a cab heading out for our day. All said and done, the employees were very friendly and helpful, the room was cozy and kind of updated, the hotel was nice and clean, the food was exceptional and the overall experience was GREAT!!! Keep in mind that the valet for the hotel is $35/night and self parking directly next door is $25/night. Also keep in mind that the Essex is the sister property to the Clevlander and I would 100% recommend staying at Essex which is much more quite than the Clevlander and you still have access to all of the Clevlander's ammenities.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EssexHouseTeam, Manager at Essex House, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Tom,

We wanted to take a moment to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your wonderful experience with us.

Our staff will be thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Rest assured we will let them know personally.

The Essex House Team