“Great location”
Review of Essex House

Essex House
Ranked #55 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stayed on a Saturday night. Hotel right at the heart of South Beach. Sister hotel to Clevelander Hotel which enables you to beat the queues to get onto their pool and rooftop parties. By comparison, Essex House was then quiet enough to retreat to for a decent night's sleep when you're done partying. I'll definitely return when I'm next in South Beach.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Essex House

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We chose Essex House for my friends Bachelorette Party based on location and price. There were 17 girls attending and Essex House did a fantastic job accommodating all of us. They were able to give us rooms very close to one another.The rooms weren't massive and the view was nothing, but they were clean and comfortable. The one thing the room was missing was a safe. I didn't love leaving my valuables in the room while going to the beach, but at least nothing was touched.

Every staff member went out of their way to make our stay extra enjoyable. They gave great recommendations and genuinely seemed happy to help us out. The hotel is located about half a block from the beach and the craziness of Miami. That extra block makes all the difference as it is peaceful and quiet inside even when the bar is still open at the Clevelander next door. The free continental breakfast and free happy hour were also a fantastic bonus. Our second night we had dinner at Zen Sai. The food was very good and they were able to accommodate all 17 of us.

I would highly recommend Essex House to anyone traveling to Miami.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank RachE29
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We spent one night at the Essex. We had a wonderful room with large corner window looking down street toward beach. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. We enjoyed the complimentary wine during happy hour out on their porch. The hotel is located just one block from Ocean Drive and South Beach. We had a very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I tried this hotel based on the reviews I read here on Trip Advisor and I was not disappointed. It is a basic hotel, so if you are looking for luxury this might not be the place for you. But I thought it was nice and comfortable.

Rooms
The hotel room was clean and that in my opinion is the most important thing. Our bathroom was quite small but not uncomfortable. The rooms have no microwave, but we were able to get hot water to make baby food from the restaurant. I cannot remember a refrigerator being there, but this hotel was the first of 3 hotels I was in during my trip, so details might be a be a bit fuzzy. My room had a view from the side street and that was quite nice look to at (people watching lol). Collins Ave was under construction so that might be different for people facing that side of the hotel.

Location
Best feature of this hotel!
We got there by taking the bus at MIA after we arrived. Really easy and really cheap! When we left, we took a taxi to the rental car company, which was not too far and then came back with the rental car to pick up our luggage.
We walked every where and really enjoyed South Beach. When we got tired or my little one fell asleep we took a taxi back and the price was never very high. At the same time the hotel is far enough from the South Beach partying that we could get a great nights sleep. The moment you get out of the hotel, just walk a block and you are at the beach, at the party, the cocktails and at the restaurants!

Restaurant
Which brings me to the restaurant. Although we usually had our meals at one of the numerous restaurants which are more or less around the corner, we decided one night to try the food at the restaurant in the hotel. Since my toddler was already asleep, the hubby went downstairs and brought the food up. (Also I think the restaurant setting was quite romantic and I did not want to mess up someones romantic dinner with a 3 year olds' tantrums LOL). Anyway the food was really nice, so try it!

Breakfast was included but I did not try it. The hubby did and he said it was not a lot.

Overall I had a great stay at this hotel I would certainly recommend it and I would surely stay again. NICE!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Whoeps
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I just returned from my trip and stay at the Essex House. I can not say enough positive things about this hotel and the staff. They treated me like family from the moment I checked in until the time I left. This hotel was super clean! If you needed anything the staff was more than willing to do what was needed to make sure you were happy. I highly suggest everyone check this place out as I promise you will not be disappointed! The front desk staff, especially Quincy and Juliana, were the best! Like I said I cannot say enough positive things except please go to this hotel if you like to be pampered and feel special and not like some number like the big hotel chains make you feel.

Room Tip: If you can, I suggest getting a suite! They are absolutely amazing. Like having your own studio ap...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
EssexHouseTeam, Manager at Essex House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Kimberly,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We will be sharing your comments with our entire company, and will make sure the associates you mentioned know how much you enjoyed your stay.

The Essex House Team

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I just came back from a weekend trip to South Beach where we stayed at the Essex Hotel. This hotel is located right in the middle of all of the action of South Beach. We never had to walk far to get to anything on South Beach. The staff was very accommodating and provided great customer service. The front desk clerk, Quincy, was awesome! He gave us suggestions for restaurants and night spots, and acknowledged my birthday with well wishes! Great customer service!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tae_Marie
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Upon check in we were upgraded to a King Suite which was incredible! After a long flight the jacuzzi bath was the perfect place to relax. The hotel is nice and quiet but as it is adjacent to the Clevelander you can get to a fun, party spot within seconds. The beach is nearby too which was great. The staff were so nice and helpful, we were really blown away by the level of service! I loved the hotel's facade too, typical Miami Beach Art Deco, it felt like it was right out of a movie! The Happy Hour was a nice bonus too, the wine was really nice and my husband enjoyed a few beers! The free sushi was gorgeous and we ended up eating in the japanese restaurant afterward as a result. We were only sorry we didn't stay longer, we had a great time at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013