The pictures provided by the hotel looks nice but the reality were an older building, average room and restaurant.We stayed in room 320. The room is clean, quiet and good location in South Beach.There is no safety deposit box in the room.
The restaurant is nothing to write home about. It's not a truly Japanese Sushi restaurant. It's more like fusion Japanese food with a nice presentation on your plates.
The happy hour is from 4:30 - 5:30pm (mon-fri) with free wine and local beer in the lobby for 1 hour. They clock it and shut down by 5:30pm.
I hesitated to give it as a 4 (very good) hotel but I also feel bad that I give them a 3 (average)..... And I just did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Essex House is an award-winning South Beach hotel in the Miami Beach Art Deco District. Surrounded by nightclubs, cafes and designer boutiques, Essex House is an Art Deco landmark property in the heart of South Beach. The hotel features 70 rooms including 14 luxurious suites to help you leave all of your stress behind. Your stay includes complimentary continental breakfast, a daily happy hour at Zen Sai Restaurant, and access to the nightlife at our sister property, Clevelander South Beach, located just steps away on Ocean Drive. Essex House Hotel is the perfect choice when you want the best of all worlds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Essex House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essex House Hotel Miami Beach
- Essex Hotel Miami Beach
- Essex House Hotel South Beach
- Essex Miami Beach
- Essex House Miami Beach, Florida